• RayPeatInspired.com

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • RayPeat.org

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

juice

I'm thinking about a name for a new Ray Peat site or forum.

RayPeatInspired.com
Peatism.com
RayPeat.net
RayPeat.org

Any other suggestions? Which do you think is the best?

I don't think it's cyberquatting if I use the his name for the domain. Cybersquatting refers to hoarding a domain name (and not using it) for the sole purpose of reselling the domain for a profit later on. I'm not doing this. Of course I will put a disclaimer that the site is not sponsored by him or represent his views.

(If I'm wrong please correct me.)

OP
J

juice

Ray Peat Domain Names Suggestions

I'm intending in copying content from the Ray Peat Facebook groups to the new site. Users are allowed to import their posts and comments from the Facebook groups onto the new site.

The reason I'm doing this is because the Facebook groups have poor search functionality. The specific comments which match the search query are not shown. Instead it only shows the whole thread and you'd have to hunt for the comment.

Also, if you wanted to find an old post you must scroll down and click on "Show More Results". You'd have to do this repeatedly to just find one post. Often you have to do this a hundred times for very old posts.

Another problem. The Ray Peat groups are not indexed by Google. This prevents the information from being spread around. (If a user worries about their privacy they could just not import their posts and comments.)

Content will be retrieved using Facebook's Graph API which is available here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api

onioneyedox

In my opinion using domains such as RayPeat.net sounds wrong as Peat himself uses the .com one.

Maybe something that includes words describe the site such as chats, disqussions, experiences. Or something, use thesaurus hehe.

Maybe Peatprism or Peatgems or something like that if you like more catchy name.

I guess people can choose if they discussions can be pulled out. Hope you are not planning to add messages from private groups without permission. I don't use Facebook so I'm not entirely familiar what you are trying to do, but good luck. Maybe some privacy issues must be considered.

answersfound

PeatarianWays.com

tara

onioneyedox said:
post 107610 In my opinion using domains such as RayPeat.net sounds wrong as Peat himself uses the .com one.
:1

onioneyedox said:
post 107610 Maybe something that includes words describe the site such as chats, disqussions, experiences. Or something, use thesaurus hehe.
:1.
RayPeatInspired seems the best of your initial list of suggestions from this PoV.

onioneyedox said:
post 107610 I don't use Facebook so I'm not entirely familiar what you are trying to do, but good luck. Maybe some privacy issues must be considered.
:1

Daimyo said:
post 107620 PeatNutritionAuthorty.com
Not sure if this is meant to be sarcastic/ironic, but I definitely don't recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals