My large index and archive of Ray Peat resources (website)

Peatress

You got me? I guess? Quote circa 4 months ago before I saw that politics was a prominent discussion topic on the site :cheers
Cool. Please, just make sure when presenting Dr Peat's articles on your website you don't misuse his work.

OP
Eth

Eth

Cool. Please, just make sure when presenting Dr Peat's articles on your website you don't misuse his work.
Of course, each directory has its own defined section. Later on I am going to move the directory to its own Peat-focused site anyways, I am just focusing on adding content and making it more presentable and accessible as of now.

Peatress

Of course, each directory has its own defined section. Later on I am going to move the directory to its own Peat-focused site anyways, I am just focusing on adding content and making it more presentable and accessible as of now.
Understood. Thanks

LA

Correct, Hugo isnt built into anything like wordpress, rather its just a general framework generator / static site generator.
And exactly, its annoying little stuff like that that can be very tedious to change, I cant just change it with the click of a button. For example, I wanted to add a "Home" button to all my pages to bring the user back to the main "Library" page, and it wasent just clicking a single button to add it to all pages; i had to go in and do some ctrl-f type stuff manually, of course not for every page one by one but still isnt as easy as it can be. still worth it though in my opinion.
Thank you very much for your dedication and especially for the PDFs on Dr. Peats books. It is much easier to share a bit of information, for instance "A logical Diet" on page 188 of Female Hormones in Context, without having to print it out by hand. I have snail-mailed 2 male relatives hand-written copies of pages 188 and 189. I didnt want to break the spine by making photocopies.
Also you included one of the books Dr. Peat's books I was unable to purchase while he was still alive. Thanks again.

You have done a great site and I love the color black. It is easy on the eyes.

In your threads you mentioned
'I wanted to add a "Home" button to all my pages to bring the user back to the main "Library" page, and it wasent just clicking a single button to add it to all pages; i had to go in and do some ctrl-f type stuff manually,'

I found this on your site (view source) and it is not working for me on my browsers.
class="epic2" src="../images/fox1.webp"
[class="epic2" src="../images/fox1.webp" width="100"></a>]

I am not positive altho is webp image what google is trying to get everyone to use instead of .jpg or png? (probably to make their tracking easier)

Your 'fox1.webp' doesnt come up in my various browsers:

what link is at the left end after src="../, is it to your site, such as a folder entitled 'images' or icons, etc or is it to a google site?

if you are doing it so that google will index your site, they will still index your presence on the web, whether you want them to or not (as you know...:))

apparently webp on your page causes some browsers, at least the 3 or 4 I use on different computers to lag and so far it has not worked 'for me'

Why not find an icon you like and simply do something like so?

src="icons/chad.png"

I tried to 'easily' view the icons folder to see what else was there and he blocks it so that is what you can do too.

I have a free, nothing much homepage (black-background) with my favorite weather, news, etc that I have had for years due to a hobby I still do on occasion.

The plus for me is that then I can access all my links by going to my homepage wherever I am located without having to forward or import my bookmarks

I dont use CSS
Manipulators want to play the "mark it up the way that we tell you you *must* do this year" -- game they play, which is as bad as yearly fashion 'statements'

as you know, it is very easy to open a web-page as a text file, after the repairs are done, view it as an html file and if it is ok - then upload [bingo]
---of course you know this - I am just pointing it out others who dont do their own homepage/websites to know that *all* WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editing sofware adds bloat (bloat = a bunch of unneeded code)

Terrific job!!! Thank your again!!!

OP
Eth

Eth

I found this on your site (view source) and it is not working for me on my browsers.
class="epic2" src="../images/fox1.webp"
[class="epic2" src="../images/fox1.webp" width="100"></a>]

I am not positive altho is webp image what google is trying to get everyone to use instead of .jpg or png? (probably to make their tracking easier)

Your 'fox1.webp' doesnt come up in my various browsers:
[/QUOTE]
Hm, thats weird. Try putting this in your browser: [URL='http://view-source:[URL]https://expulsia.com/images/fox1.webp']view-source:https://expulsia.com/images/fox1.webp[/URL[/URL]]. You should see the image. I am not sure why you wouldn't if that dosent work, what browsers were you testing this one? For me it works on Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Edge, all on different computers.
[QUOTE="LA, post: 932630, member: 11997"]
what link is at the left end after src="../, is it to your site, such as a folder entitled 'images' or icons, etc or is it to a google site?
If I'm reading this right, then all the "../" is doing is reaching back to the parent directory of the current folder. "../" is a relative path notation that refers to the parent directory of the current directory, so for example if I am in /images/peat, and I want to grab an image from /images/ (note, I am in /peat/), then I do ../, which brings me into the peat folder, and I then complete the command by choosing the image I want (../oj.png). Let me know if this answered your question, I might've interpreted it wrong.
apparently webp on your page causes some browsers, at least the 3 or 4 I use on different computers to lag and so far it has not worked 'for me'
Interesting. What browsers, and what operating systems are the computers running? There should be no reason that the images arent loading, they function as normal images. WebP files just load faster than Jpg's and PNG's. And your also saying that it's just not loading the file on the site at all (e.g. just looking at the sites home screen), or when you open it individually?
Why not find an icon you like and simply do something like so?

src="icons/chad.png"

I tried to 'easily' view the icons folder to see what else was there and he blocks it so that is what you can do too.
By default your usually not able to see into folders on sites like that. Its blocked by nginx automatically I think. I use the same method as Chadnet, so I am not sure why it wouldn't be working, image type doesn't really matter here (or at least, it shouldn't).
I have a free, nothing much homepage (black-background) with my favorite weather, news, etc that I have had for years due to a hobby I still do on occasion.

The plus for me is that then I can access all my links by going to my homepage wherever I am located without having to forward or import my bookmarks

I dont use CSS
Manipulators want to play the "mark it up the way that we tell you you *must* do this year" -- game they play, which is as bad as yearly fashion 'statements'
I see, yes I will agree with you there that I usually like it more that way. I typically dont enable javascript for sites but I always use CSS, although I much prefer a simple design over some horrible coorperate site or OS designs they all love to push out (e.g. windows 11; bloated mess + super ugly and inefficient). I just use Artix Linux without an XFCE environment or anything. Literally all I use is dwm, and that's in my opinion the best. That kind of simplicity was in a way what I was going for in my site (and I like to think I did a good job of achieving that :))
as you know, it is very easy to open a web-page as a text file, after the repairs are done, view it as an html file and if it is ok - then upload [bingo]
---of course you know this - I am just pointing it out others who dont do their own homepage/websites to know that *all* WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editing sofware adds bloat (bloat = a bunch of unneeded code)
Absolutely correct.
Terrific job!!! Thank your again!!!
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment!!!

David PS

I continue to use your website to access Dr. Peat's interviews and writings. It is very easy to find his works.

Please consider adding links to 2 interviews that he had with Kitty Blomfield:

OP
Eth

Eth

I continue to use your website to access Dr. Peat's interviews and writings. It is very easy to find his works.

Please consider adding links to 2 interviews that he had with Kitty Blomfield:
Thank you for sharing! I'll make sure to add these to the directory :)

David PS

@Eth Fantastic!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals