Announcement Introducing The New Ray Peat Forum Search Engine!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The search has been updated with more features!

Snappy and powerful new UI!
  1. Users can now easily filter by forum, user, date, and prefix.
  2. Results update in realtime.
  3. Supports type-ahead.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Top 3 searches this month:

-niacinamide
-PUFA depletion
-Aromatase inhibitors

yerrag

It really is dumbed down to suit me. Even corrects spelling, and it's a plus as we frequently encounter hard to spell words. Thanks again Charlie!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks again Charlie!
:hattip

Update:

You might have noticed that the new search was disabled for a couple days and we were back to the old search. Well, the new search was causing an issue with the forum, making the forum unresponsive at times, not allowing people to post, etc. The search developer has fixed this issue, and other forums using the search are reporting that indeed the issue seems to be fixed. So this morning I went ahead and re-enabled the new search. I wanted to give it a couple days of other forums testing it out, before we went ahead and engaged it again. If you do see the forum becoming unresponsive, please let me know. I will continue to monitor server health from my end too.

Bonus Announcement:

We now have image search! If you notice on the search results page there will be a tab that says "posts" and another tab that says "Images". If you click on "Images" it will take you to the image search results.

Last edited:

Waynish

I'm not sure if this is related, but if I use search anytime for the last month or so, then I get one page of results - but clicking any of the numbers or 'next' directs be to the home page.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I'm not sure if this is related, but if I use search anytime for the last month or so, then I get one page of results - but clicking any of the numbers or 'next' directs be to the home page.
There is a glitch in our search add on. I have disabled it for now until it can be fixed but you can still search as the default search is running.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@Waynish @800mRepeats I had an add-ons in my browser that is causing this. Once I disabled them, it works. Can you verify if you have any addons that could be causing the issue?

Search is enabled again. If anyone is having issues check your browser for an adblocker or something like that. You should be able to disable that addon for this site.

Hey hey hey,
for the past 2 or so months I cannot get to any of the other search pages ( 2,3,4,5 etc) besides the page 1 when I do a search(usually do the searches on titles only).

The link to all the other pages shows up as Ray Peat Forum

Any info on what is going on, or how to fix this?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hey hey hey,
for the past 2 or so months I cannot get to any of the other search pages ( 2,3,4,5 etc) besides the page 1 when I do a search(usually do the searches on titles only).

The link to all the other pages shows up as Ray Peat Forum

Any info on what is going on, or how to fix this?
Do you have have any addons like no script or disconnect? Have you tried a different browser to see if that works? It was happening to me but then I disabled the browser addons and it stopped.

Do you have have any addons like no script or disconnect? Have you tried a different browser to see if that works? It was happening to me but then I disabled the browser addons and it stopped.
Thanks for fixing the issue! Totally forgot I had some of those addons running LOL.
Works now :handok:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks for fixing the issue! Totally forgot I had some of those addons running LOL.
Works now :handok:
Welcome. If you want to keep using the scripts you should be able to "white list" the forum within those scripts.

800mRepeats

Hey! Just checked - seems to be working fine for me now.
I am running Disconnect; I am no longer running NoScript. Appreciate the tip.
:thankyou

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Threadloom finally put out the fix for the issue when Threadloom search would switch back to native search while using pagination. I have applied the fix this morning and went though testing and all seems well. They also threw in some nifty options where you can switch between Threadloom and native search if you want.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals