Need Help Dissolving DHT

Dhair

I have some DHT powder but I can't get it to dissolve very well in vitamin E or coconut oil and vodka. I tried warming it up and using it both of these ways. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Ron J

The melting point is 173-183℃(or something like that), so perhaps melting it on a hot plate might help.

OP
D

Dhair

How is the absorption compared to oil+ethanol? What do you think about heating it in oil, then add the ethanol last?
@Chaos said that DHT is not water soluble. I talked to another source that I know of and they weren't able to get the raw material to melt without adding guaiacol (toxic). I am just confused because people on this forum has said that it is as simple as mixing it with alcohol and oil or vitamin E but it just isn't working for me.

x-ray peat

How is the absorption compared to oil+ethanol? What do you think about heating it in oil, then add the ethanol last?
DHT in plain water has a solubility of 525 mg/mL (at 25 °C)

edit: I think my source has it wrong. Its solubility in water should be the same as testosterone, not good.

Last edited:
I have some DHT powder but I can't get it to dissolve very well in vitamin E or coconut oil and vodka. I tried warming it up and using it both of these ways. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Pure DHT powder dissolves readily in pure ethanol, e.g., I regularly dissolve 1gm of DHT in about 300ml of ethanol. Adding water leads to the DHT precipitating out of the solution. If you want more details, or want to make an Andractim-like gel, google the patent for dissolving DHT filed by Besins International.

OP
D

Dhair

Pure DHT powder dissolves readily in pure ethanol, e.g., 1gm of DHT readily dissolves in about 300ml of ethanol. Adding water leads to the DHT precipitating out of the solution. If you want more details, or want to make an Andractim-like gel, google for the patent for dissolving DHT filed by Besins International.
Thank you, this is helpful. I'm assuming this means heating/adding oil wouldn't be necessary if it is just pure ethanol? I have been using vodka.

Thank you, this is helpful. I'm assuming this means heating/adding oil wouldn't be necessary if it is just pure ethanol? I have been using vodka.

Dissolving in oil would probably require some heating for the dissolution to happen in a reasonable amount of time. Vodka is problematic, though of course it's much easier to source than pure ethanol, because of its water content. The only issue is that in practice the solubility in vodka is lower, my guess would be about half that for pure ethanol. Also the solubility depends on the brand of vodka used.

OP
D

Dhair

Dissolving in oil would probably require some heating for the dissolution to happen in a reasonable amount of time. Vodka is problematic, though of course it's much easier to source than pure ethanol, because of its water content. The only issue is that in practice the solubility in vodka is lower, my guess would be about half that for pure ethanol. Also the solubility depends on the brand of vodka used.
Is there brand of vodka that you would recommend? I wouldn't know where to get ethanol around here. Maybe I could order some online. Would a 50% ethanol (or vodka) 50% DMSO solution work for topical application? I wouldn't make a gel because I know that Andractim has poor absorption.

Is there brand of vodka that you would recommend? I wouldn't know where to get ethanol around here. Maybe I could order some online. Would a 50% ethanol (or vodka) 50% DMSO solution work for topical application? I wouldn't make a gel because I know that Andractim has poor absorption.

I have experimented with a 70/30% vodka/DMSO mix but it gave me a terrible rash that seems to persist for the duration of the application, so I wouldn't recommend it. Since I'm not in the US, I can't recommend a brand. My preference would still be for pure ethanol, or the highest proof, unflavoured vodka you can find.

OP
D

Dhair

I have experimented with a 70/30% vodka/DMSO mix but it gave me a terrible rash that seems to persist for the duration of the application, so I wouldn't recommend it. Since I'm not in the US, I can't recommend a brand. My preference would still be for pure ethanol, or the highest proof, unflavoured vodka you can find.
Maybe Everclear would work? It is 190 proof grain alcohol. In your 1gram/300ml solution, how much do you extract for a single dose?

ddjd

Made in China?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals