Recommended Solution To Dissolve Steroid Powders? (Non-DMSO)

cyclops

Is there a generally recommended product that people here are using to dissolve steroid powders for topical use? Looking for something non-dmso (for no other reason than many on here seem to have issues with it and idealabs seemed to stop using it too.)

I have some pregnenolone powder I'd like to be able to use topically, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing this.

Can you just use alcohol or is there another component that must be used like SFA Esters or Vitamin E or something else? What is the benefit of any additional components?

I'd really like to get all the highest-quality stuff I need to do this, as well as learn how to do it properly as many powders seem to be better taken topically.

Frankdee20

Is there a generally recommended product that people here are using to dissolve steroid powders for topical use? Looking for something non-dmso (for no other reason than many on here seem to have issues with it and idealabs seemed to stop using it too.)

I have some pregnenolone powder I'd like to be able to use topically, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing this.

Can you just use alcohol or is there another component that must be used like SFA Esters or Vitamin E or something else? What is the benefit of any additional components?

I'd really like to get all the highest-quality stuff I need to do this, as well as learn how to do it properly as many powders seem to be better taken topically.

I thought Preg was notoriously difficult to dispurse in a carrier

Wolf

Fat+ethanol plus emulsifier plus sonication.

Wolf

What does this look like in practice?
Coconut oil, vodka, and mixing the powder in a beaker in the sonicator with a electric whisker while it slowly heats up.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Coconut oil, vodka, and mixing the powder in a beaker in the sonicator with a electric whisker while it slowly heats up.

Wow, that's a whole process. But this is the info I was looking for, thanks.

Ron J

What about a milk frother? It seems better to mix small to large batches and it's very cheap.

Wolf

What about a milk frother? It seems better to mix small to large batches and it's very cheap.
I use a milk frother from Ikea. Runs off of 2 AA batteries and works well.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Would it be the same process for say, DHT or Test powder, or is pregnenolone a different process because preg is indeed more difficult to disperse in a carrier?

Last edited:

Wolf

Would it be the same process for say, DHT or Test powder, or is pregnenolone a different process because preg is indeed more difficult to disperse in a carrier?
Not really. It's all the same. I might add one or two things that facilitate transdermal absorption, but that's another story.
What does sonication involve?
Harbor freight ultrasonic parts cleaner. You make the money back after about two to six months of pregnenolone application. Quicker if you have multiple people using your witchdoctor brew

Wolf

Lecithin. Depending on the PUFA content it will leave a thin film on your skin.
I really need to work on sourcing stuff but I'm a broke chemistry student.

vulture

AFAIK soy lecithin isn’t Peaty.

wild-bee

His it granules? how do you use it? I got some but could never manage to make an actual emulsion with it

RisingSun

Phlojel

Salvo by Iron Legion

Wolf

His it granules? how do you use it? I got some but could never manage to make an actual emulsion with it
I use sunflower lecithin powder from now foods and coconut oil as the oil. The PUFA tend to dry out on the skin, the coconut oil gets absorbed, and the alcohol evaporates and slightly irritated the skin. Took a but before getting the ratios right, but that's what lab books are for.
The trick is getting to the critical heating point where everything is flowing smoothly, the alcohol isn't evaporating, and the sonication is distributed

golder

I have a bottle of vitamin E, coconut oil, high quality vodka and a bottle of DMSO.
As per Ray's advice, ive got all my vitamin status in good health and I'm looking to supplement a max of 1-5mg a day of DHT.
Could someone help me make the topical solution. I've never dissolved anything so I'm a complete novice in this field and I don't want to waste expensive ingredients.
Forgive the naivete and thanks very much to anyone who can help!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals