Need Help Dissolving DHT

ddjd

I have some DHT powder but I can't get it to dissolve very well in vitamin E or coconut oil and vodka. I tried warming it up and using it both of these ways. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?
any updates, how did you dissolve it in the end?

DK580

Pure DHT powder dissolves readily in pure ethanol, e.g., I regularly dissolve 1gm of DHT in about 300ml of ethanol. Adding water leads to the DHT precipitating out of the solution. If you want more details, or want to make an Andractim-like gel, google the patent for dissolving DHT filed by Besins International.

Here's the link for the patent:

Pharmaceutical composition in the form of a gel or a solution based on dihydrotestosterone, process for preparing it and uses thereof

golder

This is frustrating. I have DHT powder, health natura Tocopherols, a good quality vodka and some DMSO and I'm struggling to dissolve this very well. Would really appreciate some help here (and I have some surplus powder as I had to buy a large amount for the minimum order).

Nebula

This is frustrating. I have DHT powder, health natura Tocopherols, a good quality vodka and some DMSO and I'm struggling to dissolve this very well. Would really appreciate some help here (and I have some surplus powder as I had to buy a large amount for the minimum order).
Heat up the vitamin E or DMSO in it’s container in a pot of warm water. Not sure what the optimal temperature would be. But it should dissolve better when it’s warmed.

managing

What ratios guys?
I think the tocopherol is just to improve viscosity. I think you will just have to experiment. 50/50 might give a good texture. Just use a pot of water with a pyrex glass container (like a glass measuring cup) laid in it. Very low heat. It will all melt and combine. The end result of 50/50 ought to be a soft paste when it cools. But that is just an educated guess.

Jman

The dht isnt super solouble in vitamin-e, others have reported the same. Ive played around with trying to dissolve dht in vitamin-e (health naturas mixed tocopherols) and found it stopped dissolving after about a 3% concentration, for example 9700mg of vitamin-e and 300mg DHT. You have to stir it allot, abit of gentle warmth would help, and then let it sit overnight to let the bubbles clear so you can see if its all dissolved.

golder

anyone got any updates of good solvents/ratios they've had success with? Thanks!

S

StayPositive

Hi guys, i have dht raw. It's not in fine powder form but in big crystals form. It doesnt dissolve in ethanol at all, like 100% insoluble.

I will try to dissolve it in water tonight, and in dmso when i will receive it

Any ideas?

S

StayPositive

Ok so my DHT dissolves in water but nit in ethanol.

Isn't DHT supposed to be soluble in ethanol and insoluble in water?