Dissolving Pregnenolone Powder -- Am I Doing It Right?

loess

I have had positive results from using haidut's StressNon mixture of pregnenolone dissolved in vitamin E + olive oil but have recently run out of my last bottle. Since I have a couple of Swanson high-gamma vitamin E bottles and some Carlson E-Gems to use up I figure I might as well try and make my own pregnenolone solution so I bought some pregnenolone powder from Smart Powders. I broke open a capsule of the Swanson, squeezed out about half of it (approximately 100 IU) and stirred in the preg powder with a chopstick, but it didn't really dissolve at all. The powder is basically just suspended in the viscous oil. Would it be better if I were to heat some coconut oil and dissolve the pregnenolone in that, and then mix it with the vitamin E? Also should I have stored the Swanson and Carlson products in the refrigerator? They have not been exposed to light and have been sitting at room temperature since last December.

J

j.

I think heat damages vitamin E, but I'm sure not completely. How much they were damaged depends on how hot it was.

Wilfrid

I think that the trick is to use micronized pregnenolone instead of the regular one.
Stirring at room temperature would be probably better rather than using heat....unless you can make sure to get a constant temperature around 40~45 degrees celsius (maximum) during the process.

I bought the swanson high gamma product recently but when I checked the color of the vitamin E it was very clear, almost like water in color...is it normal?
Swanson was running out of stock during a short period of time but I hope that they didn't change their source of E.... :(

SQu

Loess I have the exact same question. I've got supps with silicon dioxide that I don't want to waste. I'd love to know how. I just successfully dissolved progesterone in vit e oil. There is a sludge of white stuff at the bottom, presumably( and hopefully) it's the silicon dioxide ,and it stays there, so no problem using the oil and leaving that behind. suikerbuik told me pregnenolone will not easily dissolve in oil .There's a thread going - forgotten the name. I'm now about to try with vit d3.

J

j.

Wilfrid, sorry about that. Mine was definitely not water looking, it was very thick.

Suikerbuik

suikerbuik told me pregnenolone will not easily dissolve in oil.

".... these are not water soluble. Likely olive oil or something that dissolves pregnenolone or progesterone is a possibilty but I don't know about the solubility of these other components in a hydrofobic environment and the capacity to filter oily substances.."

That medium it won't easily dissolve in, is water.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3820

There is a sludge of white stuff at the bottom, presumably( and hopefully) it's the silicon dioxide ,and it stays there, so no problem using the oil and leaving that behind.

Just took a look at the molecular structure, and although there are many forms, I think your precipitate is indeed silicondioxide. The stuff put in supplements is unlikely to be hydrophobic. (Nor isn't that hydrophilic).

SQu

Sorry, I see it was mittir. Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful.

OP
loess

loess

I don't know if this Smart Powders preg is micronized or not but dissolving it in coconut oil heated just enough to melt worked pretty well, better than in the Swanson E at least.

j. said:
Mine was definitely not water looking, it was very thick.
Same here, very thick and dark brown color. Very astringent mouth feel.

Wilfrid

The Swanson E that I get is very light in color (much more like very light acacia honey)....
It has the same viscosity as the AC grace but the latter is very dark brown reddish in color....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals