NDT and very low morning temperature

Tcrazyjam

i started taking thyroid 1 month ago.

Since then i raised the dosage from 1/2 grain to 2 grains now.

Now i measured morning temperature for the first time. And it was exactly 96 F. :| After taking 1 grain thyroid and breakfast it raised to 97.3F.

3 hours later it remained low at 97.5F . Now i am very, very afraid. Without thyroid my morning temperature was 97.5f on average (and around 98.6f at afternoon) :roll:

I am also feeling no warmth or more energy. I'm only sweating more. Pulse is around 84/ min. It only raised at the beginning.

Should i raise the dosage? How much should i take?

Thanks.

David

PS: i donated blood 1 week ago

Shrimp

I would hold at the dose you're at right now for a few more weeks just to be on the safe side. IIRC, it takes T4 a good 4-6 weeks to kick in, so you're still not experiencing the full effect of the two grains, especially if you only recently raised to two grains. Can you get any bloodwork done to check your levels?

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

Actually i do'nt want to tell my doctor about my medication.
She would not understand it.

aguilaroja

If going the NDT route and not already doing so, it may be better to divide the NDT amount into, say, half-grain amounts and spread them to four different intervals per day. In that fashion, there is a smaller amount of the T3 ingredient delivered at any one time. One grain Armour brand NDT reportedly contains approximately 38 micrograms of T4 and 9 micrograms of T3.

Some people don't absorb some of the NDT formulations so well due to the binders, but do better when the tablets are crushed or chewed.

A few different threads here and elsewhere discuss these issues, including:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3611#p43092

http://peatarian.com/peatexchanges#thyroid_hormone

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/thyroid.shtml

"Since T3 has a short half life, it should be taken frequently. If the liver isn't producing a noticeable amount of T3, it is usually helpful to take a few micorgrams per hour. Since it restores respiration and metabolic efficiency very quickly, it isn't usually necessary to take it every hour or two, but until normal temperature and pulse have been achieved and stabilized, sometimes it's necessary to take it four or more times during the day. T4 acts by being changed to T3, so it tends to accumulate in the body, and on a given dose, usually reaches a steady concentration after about two weeks.

An effective way to use supplements is to take a combination T4-T3 dose, e.g., 40 mcg of T4 and 10 mcg of T3 once a day, and to use a few mcg of T3 at other times in the day. Keeping a 14-day chart of pulse rate and temperature allows you to see whether the dose is producing the desired response. If the figures aren't increasing at all after a few days, the dose can be increased, until a gradual daily increment can be seen, moving toward the goal at the rate of about 1/14 per day"

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

Thank you very much @ aguilaroja.
I will divide my thyroid (from pimpom) into 3 doses:
1 grain at morning,
1/2 grain at afternoon,
1/2 grain at evening.

surprisingly my body temp was 98F at morning (under my tongue), but i forgot to measure it immediately after getting out of my bed. I woke up, ate something, drank coffee and i guess i took my thyroid (1 grain), but not sure.

30-40 min later i measured my body temp. I will check my temperature in the next days. An after a week i will raise my thyroid to 2 1/2 grains ( 1 grain morning and 3x 1/2 grains afternoon/ evening).

I will tell you.

ilovethesea

Why are you increasing your dose so quickly and so dramatically? Look up Dr. Broda Barnes dosing info; he only recommended to move up by 1/2-1 grain every 2 months. You're going way too fast imo, could be dangerous.

Are you getting 80g of protein?

Your temperature might be getting lower because you were running off stress hormones before.

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

Yes i am getting enough protein.

Today i got my blood lab:

tsh is 2,94 - too high :shock:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals