Low Body Temperature At Morning

Tcrazyjam

Hello

i am eating a lot of calories since 2 weeks now, but my morning temperature is still very low.
It was 96,62 F 2 weeks ago and now it is only 96,08 F, allthough i raised my calories to 3000 cal/day and very high carb. What else can i do? Should i supplement thyroid?
I also should mention that i lost some weight, but it is so damn hard to reach my calories. My hunger is marginal/low. And i think i had more energy before raising calories (it was a fasting regime)

Please help. David from germany

M

marikay

Hello

i am eating a lot of calories since 2 weeks now, but my morning temperature is still very low.
It was 96,62 F 2 weeks ago and now it is only 96,08 F, allthough i raised my calories to 3000 cal/day and very high carb. What else can i do? Should i supplement thyroid?
I also should mention that i lost some weight, but it is so damn hard to reach my calories. My hunger is marginal/low. And i think i had more energy before raising calories (it was a fasting regime)

Hi David. Nothing gets my appetite (hunger) going better than refined coconut oil. One tablespoon (usually warmed up in microwave) and then some orange juice or other sweet drink. Good luck.

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

Hello

i am really disappointed. I raised calories to 3000 cal/day, but my body temperature decreased constantly. Today it is only 93,2 F. Why is it? It makes no sense to me.

DaveFoster

That's insanely low. How are you able to stay alive?

When you eat, you lower stress hormones, which unmasks a low basal metabolic rate. I suffer from the same problems.

Nstocks

My lowest points were 35.2. 34 is surely on the verge of "organ failure" (or something?!)

I'd get another thermometer too. And take a hot bath.

tara

Today it is only 93,2 F.
Are you sure you are getting accurate measurements? Getting another thermometer to see if you get similar readings seems good too. And make sure you are keeping the thermometer in place for at least 5 mins, maybe 10min, to make sure it has a chance to stabilise can make a big difference.
If these measurements are accurate, it seems like mild hypothermia, which would probably best be addressed by warming up quickly - hot shower, electric blanket, stoke up the fire, whatever you can do. I don't think it's on the verge of organ failure, but it's not good, you don't want to spend too much time that cold.

I think if I were that cold in the mornings I'd sleep with my electric blanket on. As it is, I just use it to warm up before going to bed, and turn it off before sleep.

Is that 3000 cals reasonably solid (not too much liquid/peeing clear and frequent, etc)? Getting some salt with it?

Pointless

It would probably be good to take some thyroid, but it's tough to tell based just on what you've said.

Maybe you can tell us more about your current diet and your "fasting regime."

amethyst

What is a healthy waking temperature Peat-wise?

tara

What is a healthy waking temperature Peat-wise?
IIRC, Broda Barnes targeted 97.8- 98.2 when treating with supplementary thyroid.

amethyst

IIRC, Broda Barnes targeted 97.8- 98.2 when treating with supplementary thyroid.
Thanx Tara and Blossom. I've got some work to do. Been doing my waking temp.in the last week and it is usually 97.4 F. in the morning. Just got Haidut's Tyronene. Hopefully that will raise it up a bit. Question: From other people's comments, they say Peat says that we should sleep warm? Did I understand that correctly? I know I sleep like a bear when it's cold but covered up with a warm blanket. I try not to even put the heat on at nite during the winter, except when it's really really cold, because I sleep better that way.I've also read that the best sleeping temp. is also cold but with blankets.....has Peat addressed that before?

tara

Question: From other people's comments, they say Peat says that we should sleep warm? Did I understand that correctly? I know I sleep like a bear when it's cold but covered up with a warm blanket. I try not to even put the heat on at nite during the winter, except when it's really really cold, because I sleep better that way.I've also read that the best sleeping temp. is also cold but with blankets.....has Peat addressed that before?
My reading of Peat is that it is good to sleep warm enough to keep the tissues in the optimal range without relying heavily on stress hormones. I imagine that could be in a warm bed in a cold room as well as in a warm room. Given that hypothyroid folk can also have trouble with heat tolerance, I don't imagine that it would normally be useful to be making the body struggle too hard to keep cool enough, either. So my guess is warm but not too warm?

Last edited:

DrJ

Hello

Taking 3x 260mg capsules of activated charcoal before bed every night has worked wonders for keeping my temp up through the night and into the morning. Also, my extremities (like feet) don't get cold anymore.

amethyst

My reading of Peat is that it is good to sleep warm enough to keep the tissues in the optimal range without relying heavily on stress hormones. I imagine that could be in a warm bed in a cold room as well as in a warm room. Given that hypothyroid folk can also have trouble with heat tolerance, I don't imagine that it would normally be useful to be making the body struggle too hard to keep cool enough, either. So my guess is warm but not too warm?
Thanks Tara, yeah, this is sort of my conclusion too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals