Thiroyd Newbie

amyp87

I started taking Thiroyd (from Pimpom Products) at the beginning of May per a recommendation from a friend. I started out slowly, taking 1/4, 1/2, 1 pill etc. now I am up to 2 pills (1 grain each) in the morning. I cannot tell any difference at all. My blood test levels were not off the charts, but from a little bit of reading I've done, my TSH was 4.4 at one point so I thought I'd give this a shot, despite my Dr. telling me all of my levels were in the "normal range." From reading the forums, I see a lot of people talking about how less than 1 pill gives them a lot of energy and makes them feel much better, so my question is.. since I'm already taking 2 pills a day (and have been for probably 6-7 weeks now,) is it possible that maybe I really didn't/don't have a thyroid problem? Or do should I try to increase my dose again?

I have felt a little nervous throughout this process since there's no "right way" to do it or to gauge how much to take, but I am desperate for help so I felt I had nothing to lose. I am a 27 year old female, over 100 lbs overweight, have developed cystic acne a few years ago, and my testosterone levels were a little high, and have irregular menstrual cycles unless I'm on birth control. My Dr. seems to think it may be PCOS although the only symptom I have that fits is the obesity and elevated testosterone.

The acne developed after I got clean (from drugs/alcohol) in 2010. I had a little problem with acne before then throughout the teenage years with the occasional cystic pimple, but nothing like it became after I quit doing all the drugs (funny, I had been told if I quit doing drugs my face would clear up!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. At this point I am considering getting the gastric sleeve surgery, but my mom has suggested I reach out for help with this Thiroyd medication a little longer before I take such a drastic measure. My biggest concerns are the obesity and lack of energy. I can literally take my 2 Thiroyd pills in the morning and go right back to sleep. If the acne could be cleared up by this as well of course that would be a miracle, but I am considering Accutane to remedy that problem! Any feedback?

Thanks

Shrimp

Dosing thyroid is certainly tricky, as everyone responds differently. How are your temps, pulse and blood pressure? Have you tried splitting up your dose? Have you tried liver or Vitamin A supplements for the acne, or natural progesterone?

Mittir

If you are taking two grains of dessicated thyroid in the morning then large
part of active hormone T3 will be inactivated by the body. This can lead to lowered
thyroid function than before. If one decides to take dessicated thyroid then best
way is to take it in divided doses with meals. If i were you i would try 1/2 a grain
4 times a day always with meal or 1/4 grain 8 times a day. Another way is to take
half a grain before bed and 1/4th grain 6 times through out the day. This way body
gets required amount of T3 and body makes 4-5 mcg T3 per hour and inactivates
the excess amount. Two pills has about 18 mcg of T3. One has to make sure they
have adequate cholesterol before using thyroid supplement. RP recommends at least
160 total cholesterol, preferably 200. Thyroid supplement increases requirement of
nutrients. It is very important to have enough calories andnutrients to support
increased metabolism, otherwise people do not get the benefits of thyroid supplement
and can feel worse than before. RP strongly recommends against using estrogen in BC pill
as estrogen lowers thyroid function. If you have been eating vegetable oil in past then
rapid fat loss can cause more damage to the body. It takes out 4 years to slowly replace
stored polyunsaturated fats by dietary changes. It is the safer path.
Measuring pulse and temp 1-2 hours after breakfast gives a good idea about metabolic state.
You can check the basic dietary guideline here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20

Rich RPh

I dose my Thiroyd using temperature and pulse rate. I know I am the exception, but it takes 6 gr a day to finally lose weight. Losing about a pound a week and following Matt Stone's, Eat for Heat, E-Book. I am taking Thiroyd 3 times a day. I actually increased my dose 1/2 gr weekly till I got to appropriate dose. I highly recommend the Exergen temporal thermometer and shoot for a temp of 98.5 to 99 if possible. Also shoot for a pulse of around 85. When I get above 90 I start to feel nervous and feel my heat pounding and slight tremor. it goes away in a couple of hours and I just skip 1/2 dose and all is well.

So if you want to lose weight continue to gradually increase dose to optimum temp and pulse. And be sure to take divided doses 3 to 4 times a day. This will achieve your optimum metabolic rate.

Progesterone oil may help acne. Please don't use Accutane. Too dangerous.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals