Less NDT or more pregnenolone?

answersfound

So I recently started taking NDT and I quickly ran into problems. I began taking pregnenolone with the NDT and the problems subsided. I was at about 1 grain spread throughout the day. I began to increase over a 2 week period, and made my way up to 1.5 grains. I think I increased too quickly, as my body is very sensitive. I am now going to be sticking to 1 grain. I just took .5 grains with the pregnenolone, and while I don't feel awful, I also don't feel great. My pulse is around 98 and my temperature is 98.2

Should I take more pregnenolone to help tolerate the thyroid? I am so lost and just can't seem to get a grip on gauging my progress, symptoms, etc. should I just abandon my schedule of taking the thyroid every 6-8 hours and go off instinct....and since I had a bad reaction so I abruptly stop taking it for a couple days? So confused!

OP
A

answersfound

bump

tara

lookingforanswers said:
So I recently started taking NDT and I quickly ran into problems. I began taking pregnenolone with the NDT and the problems subsided. I was at about 1 grain spread throughout the day. I began to increase over a 2 week period, and made my way up to 1.5 grains. I think I increased too quickly, as my body is very sensitive. I am now going to be sticking to 1 grain. I just took .5 grains with the pregnenolone, and while I don't feel awful, I also don't feel great. My pulse is around 98 and my temperature is 98.2

Should I take more pregnenolone to help tolerate the thyroid? I am so lost and just can't seem to get a grip on gauging my progress, symptoms, etc. should I just abandon my schedule of taking the thyroid every 6-8 hours and go off instinct....and since I had a bad reaction so I abruptly stop taking it for a couple days? So confused!
It's ok to take one grain of the NDT, as long as you have orange juice at the same time.

But after that Peat has suggested nibbling about 1/4 of a grain every hour or two. Progesterone in combination with NDT works more reliably than pregnenolone, and add a speck of DHEA if you're a man.

Keep in mind that NDT can have widely variable contents of T4/T3. For more precise dosages, you may want to try Thyroid-S or Cynoplus/Cynomel, if you can find it.

OP
A

answersfound

visionofstrength said:
lookingforanswers said:

It's ok to take one grain of the NDT, as long as you have orange juice at the same time.

But after that Peat has suggested nibbling about 1/4 of a grain every hour or two. Progesterone in combination with NDT works more reliably than pregnenolone, and add a speck of DHEA if you're a man.

Keep in mind that NDT can have widely variable contents of T4/T3. For more precise dosages, you may want to try Thyroid-S or Cynoplus/Cynomel, if you can find it.

thank you. I am male, and from what i understand, progesterone shouldn't really be taken by males? and shouldn't pregnenolone convert into progesterone and dhea anyway?

I think that's a common idea on this forum, yes. But progesterone opposes estrogen in both men and women. The thyroid and DHEA provides a balance of testosterone for men.

Pregnenolone works only under certain conditions, which many hypothyroid sufferers do not meet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals