Temps LOWER On NDT?

connorj123

My waking temps stayed around 35.9-36.3 celsius at most, but most often 36.2 celsius before starting ndt and a few weeks after starting ndt.

Now that ive been taking this 1 grain for almost a month, my waking temp is around 35.7 celsius. The lowest its ever been.

Should i increase dose from 1 grain to 2 grains or maybe even 1.5 do you think, and why would this happen to my temps?

OP
C

connorj123

How do you feel? Could be adrenaline lowering.

Not bad to be honest. I said in another post I feel maybe 30% better so far. But i definitely feel more cold in the morning around the time i take my temps (i set my alarm early morning to take temps, dont know if that can affect anything)

GreekDemiGod

@connorj123 I've had the same happening, but with synthetic T3+T4. Don't know much about NDT.
If it was adrenaline lowering, it wouldn't last a month, and thyroid would ramp up.

OP
C

connorj123

@connorj123 I've had the same happening, but with synthetic T3+T4. Don't know much about NDT.
If it was adrenaline lowering, it wouldn't last a month, and thyroid would ramp up.

Despite my temps being lower i do feel slightly better. I am so tempted to just jump to 2 grains. You may be right though, in which case i dont know why i dont feel really bad. Tough call, dont know what to do.

OP
C

connorj123

could it be because im not taking my temps when i first wake up, instead waking up through my alarm, or would that not make a difference?

JKX

I think its more important to monitor how you feel. Are you monitoring your pulse and temps throughout the day? If you morning temp has lowered but your temps climb an hour after breakfast and continue to climb into the afternoon, the thyroid is doing its job.

Its more than possible that the thyroid is lowering your stress hormones hence the slightly lower morning temp. This should normalise over time once your hormones normalise to compensate for the thyroid.

You've done the correct thing and given 1 grain a month. I'd try upping the dose slowly as you have stated and stick there for another month. T4 can build up so it requires a few weeks to judge the effects.

Keep and eye on the temps and pulse and your sense of well being throughout.

OP
C

connorj123

I think its more important to monitor how you feel. Are you monitoring your pulse and temps throughout the day? If you morning temp has lowered but your temps climb an hour after breakfast and continue to climb into the afternoon, the thyroid is doing its job.

Its more than possible that the thyroid is lowering your stress hormones hence the slightly lower morning temp. This should normalise over time once your hormones normalise to compensate for the thyroid.

You've done the correct thing and given 1 grain a month. I'd try upping the dose slowly as you have stated and stick there for another month. T4 can build up so it requires a few weeks to judge the effects.

Keep and eye on the temps and pulse and your sense of well being throughout.

i havent been checking my pulse very often, just been checking my basal temp as per what barnes said in his book. do you reckon i could get away with jumping from 1 grain to 2 grains or does that sound like too much? thank you

JKX

could it be because im not taking my temps when i first wake up, instead waking up through my alarm, or would that not make a difference?
Important that you are consistent. Id suggest taking pulse and temp on waking, an hour after breakfast and then an hour after lunch as a minimum.

JKX

Important that you are consistent. Id suggest taking pulse and temp on waking, an hour after breakfast and then an hour after lunch as a minimum.
You want the minimum effective dose to relieve symptoms. Try 1.5 grains for a month and keep a careful watch on temps and pulse and for any other symptom changes.

If necessary you can then up the dose, if required.

OP
C

connorj123

You want the minimum effective dose to relieve symptoms. Try 1.5 grains for a month and keep a careful watch on temps and pulse and for any other symptom changes.

If necessary you can then up the dose, if required.

okay yeah i think 1.5 grains would be worth trying. i think i will start monitoring my waking pulse as well as temp , but not temps later in the day. i have always done basal temp before and after starting this ndt

JKX

I'd recommend waking, after breakfast and after lunch. I think these three are important and allow you to make better judgements with regard to dosage. Otherwise you are really just poking around in the dark.

This is a hormone at the end of the day and requires careful use.

OP
C

connorj123

I'd recommend waking, after breakfast and after lunch. I think these three are important and allow you to make better judgements with regard to dosage. Otherwise you are really just poking around in the dark.

This is a hormone at the end of the day and requires careful use.

if i remember correctly in the past, my temps after breakfast were usually ok. the thing is though, broda barnes only talked about basal temp didnt he. my waking temp this morning was under 96 which doesnt sound good. my goal is to get my waking temp to 97.8 - 98.2 which he said was a normal temp

Collden

Peat has stated thyroid supplementation sometimes unmasks a low metabolism and that it can take months to improve it with supplementation. If you are feeling better I see no reason to quit.

thomas00

Yeah, maybe your temperature was kept artificially high by stress, which the thyroid is now lowering. Maybe just stick with it for a while longer before upping the dose. Are you getting everything diet wise?

With the general understanding that thyroid is an effective broad-range therapy with a long historical track record of safety, a person can then start thinking about potential possibilities if the therapy does not go as expected. Some of the most common road bumps seem to be:

• Vitamin D deficiency
  • A diet deficient in protein or B vitamins
  • A diet deficient in calcium and excessive in phosphate
  • A diet deficient in carbohydrate
  • A diet deficient in calories
  • Ruminant liver-avoidance
  • Oyster-avoidance
  • Infection, which is more common in hypothyroid people
  • Cholesterol deficiency (requires a lab test)
  • https://www.patreon.com/posts/demystifying-14839477

OP
C

connorj123

Yeah, maybe your temperature was kept artificially high by stress, which the thyroid is now lowering. Maybe just stick with it for a while longer before upping the dose. Are you getting everything diet wise?

With the general understanding that thyroid is an effective broad-range therapy with a long historical track record of safety, a person can then start thinking about potential possibilities if the therapy does not go as expected. Some of the most common road bumps seem to be:

• Vitamin D deficiency
  • A diet deficient in protein or B vitamins
  • A diet deficient in calcium and excessive in phosphate
  • A diet deficient in carbohydrate
  • A diet deficient in calories
  • Ruminant liver-avoidance
  • Oyster-avoidance
  • Infection, which is more common in hypothyroid people
  • Cholesterol deficiency (requires a lab test)
  • https://www.patreon.com/posts/demystifying-14839477

Thank you for the info mate. Am i right to dose based on basal temps and symptoms only then doing blood work when i feel better or do you definitely have to keep taking temps after breakfast etc now?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals