Very low body temperature

Maty

hi all,
I started testing my body temperatures. When I wake up my temperature is in the range of 94.6 - 95. During the day it rises to a high of 96.8. Eating doesn't help raise it, even after meals rich in sugar and salt, on the contrary, my temperature decreases after eating fresh food such as oj or fruit. Consider that here in Italy it is summer and it is very hot, we have an average of 92 degrees outside. My heart Is 80 for the majority of time, but sometime when my digestion Is completely blocked, the rate fall to 60.
I showed my situation in this post:

I've been undereating for 3 months, I'm very underweight because in this period my stomach digestion has collapsed and I can't eat anything anymore. I have done all kinds of medical tests but they don't show any problems
What to think?
1- this low body temperature is due to the starvation period
2- a second hypothesis is that the low temperature is due to hypothyroidism, and it is this low thyroid that is messing up my digestion

next week I will have blood tests for the thyroid, but I read here on the forum that they are not very reliable, and it is better to rely on the physical signs and symptoms to get a better idea of the activity of your thyroid

cs3000

On low calories you go hypothyroid as survival mechanism so your body stops eating itself as much (lowers metabolic rate & heat output)
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2341229/
plus lack of carbs plays into it (you can put up to 40g of sugar in water every 2 hours to get carbs in during this time. but best to build up the amount slowly day to day so your body adapts if youve been low)

i posted 2 replies in your other thread if u didnt see them

OP
M

Maty

Con poche calorie si diventa ipotiroidei come meccanismo di sopravvivenza in modo che il corpo smetta di mangiarsi tanto (abbassa il tasso metabolico e la produzione di calore)
in più gioca un ruolo importante la mancanza di carboidrati (puoi mettere fino a 40 g di zucchero in acqua ogni 2 ore per assumere carboidrati durante questo periodo, ma è meglio accumulare la quantità lentamente giorno dopo giorno in modo che il tuo corpo si adatti se sei a corto di carboidrati)

ho postato 2 risposte nell'altro thread se non le hai viste
I don't think i'm on low carb, carbs are all i can digest, i eat at least 200 gr Daily, i lack proteins and fat
Con poche calorie si diventa ipotiroidei come meccanismo di sopravvivenza in modo che il corpo smetta di mangiarsi tanto (abbassa il tasso metabolico e la produzione di calore)
in più gioca un ruolo importante la mancanza di carboidrati (puoi mettere fino a 40 g di zucchero in acqua ogni 2 ore per assumere carboidrati durante questo periodo, ma è meglio accumulare la quantità lentamente giorno dopo giorno in modo che il tuo corpo si adatti se sei a corto di carboidrati)

ho postato 2 risposte nell'altro thread se non le hai viste
I know that starvation can lead to hypothyroidism, but the opposite is also true, hypothyroidism can lead to poor digestion and consequently starvation, and I'm trying to figure out what happened to me

youngsinatra

Good that you are getting a thyroid panel. That can give some more clarity.

Do you have problems tolerating fats? How is your stool quality? What color (pale, yellow, light brown, dark brown, green) consistency (loose, hard, watery, does it sink or swim on the surface) and frequency (once a day, once every few days..) does it have?

hi all,
I started testing my body temperatures. When I wake up my temperature is in the range of 94.6 - 95. During the day it rises to a high of 96.8. Eating doesn't help raise it, even after meals rich in sugar and salt, on the contrary, my temperature decreases after eating fresh food such as oj or fruit. Consider that here in Italy it is summer and it is very hot, we have an average of 92 degrees outside. My heart Is 80 for the majority of time, but sometime when my digestion Is completely blocked, the rate fall to 60.
I showed my situation in this post:

I've been undereating for 3 months, I'm very underweight because in this period my stomach digestion has collapsed and I can't eat anything anymore. I have done all kinds of medical tests but they don't show any problems
What to think?
1- this low body temperature is due to the starvation period
2- a second hypothesis is that the low temperature is due to hypothyroidism, and it is this low thyroid that is messing up my digestion

next week I will have blood tests for the thyroid, but I read here on the forum that they are not very reliable, and it is better to rely on the physical signs and symptoms to get a better idea of the activity of your thyroid
I a similar problem in my twenties. I was severely underweight, with people thinking I was anorexic, and would have random, almost weekly, bouts of throwing up in the late evening. It was so frustrating. I didn’t like meat much, and ate mostly chicken, but didn’t know I have an allergy to chicken. I drank a lot of pasteurized milk too, which compounded the issue. When I got pregnant in my late twenties, craving beef for the first time, and probably because of the hormones too, my underweight issues resolved, but the vomiting issues continued. In the last several years I discovered most of my health health issues were from food allergies and intolerances, and external chemicals, like toothpaste, clothing and furniture. I was sitting on a new sofa for several weeks, which had me finally vomiting for hours one night. Now I drink raw milk and make sure I get about 80 grams of protein a day, some days more and some days a little less. Have you had an allergy test done before? It turns out I am allergic to pork, chicken, corn, rice and worst of all fluoride.

OP
M

Maty

Good that you are getting a thyroid panel. That can give some more clarity.

Do you have problems tolerating fats? How is your stool quality? What color (pale, yellow, light brown, dark brown, green) consistency (loose, hard, watery, does it sink or swim on the surface) and frequency (once a day, once every few days..) does it have?
The worse problems are with proteins, really hard for me to digest. I can tolerate fats only in small amount (about 5 grams each meal).
My stool color Is really the same color of my food: White if i eat mostly milk the day before, strong red if i had watermelon, and so on
The consistency Is loose, watery and i can have less than 1 movement/week. Last month i had to go to the urgency because i was 15 days without going to the bathroom. Since then i take macrogrol daily

youngsinatra

The worse problems are with proteins, really hard for me to digest. I can tolerate fats only in small amount (about 5 grams each meal).
My stool color Is really the same color of my food: White if i eat mostly milk the day before, strong red if i had watermelon, and so on
The consistency Is loose, watery and i can have less than 1 movement/week. Last month i had to go to the urgency because i was 15 days without going to the bathroom. Since then i take macrogrol daily
That all indicates poor bile flow. And it can cause severe gastrointestinal symptoms like chronic diarrhea (loose/watery stool) because of fat malabsorption, if you eat fats. Poor bile flow also causes constipation.

youngsinatra

That all indicates poor bile flow. And it can cause severe gastrointestinal symptoms like chronic diarrhea (loose/watery stool) because of fat malabsorption, if you eat fats. Poor bile flow also causes constipation.
Low thyroid can cause cholestasis. T3 stimulate gallbladder function. Coffee, methylation nutrients (B2, B9, B12, Mg), taurine, procholinergic substances (B1, choline, zinc, lactoferrin) can also be used.

OP
M

Maty

Low thyroid can cause cholestasis. T3 stimulate gallbladder function. Coffee, methylation nutrients (B2, B9, B12, Mg), taurine, procholinergic substances (B1, choline, zinc, lactoferrin) can also be used.
Does cholestasis inibhit proteins digestion too?
And what about suoplementing T3? Would It Be safe?

youngsinatra

Does cholestasis inibhit proteins digestion too?
And what about suoplementing T3? Would It Be safe?
The function of bile is well known that it is essential for lipid digestion and helps reduce the storage of fat in the body. Apart from lipolysis and absorption of lipids in diet, bile salts are also known for their action on protein digestion.

According to some research studies conjugated bile acids also called bile salts to act on several dietary proteins and help improve/enhance their digestion facilitated by other digestive glands. Some examples of dietary proteins are myoglobin, beta-lactoglobulin, bovine serum albumin, etc.

Therefore, it is evident that bile salts help in the digestion of proteins.

youngsinatra

Regarding T3, I‘d wait for the thyroid panel. I‘d also highly encourage you to check your reverse T3 aswell, because sometimes that can cause hypothyroidism symptoms despite good free T4 and free T3 levels.

OP
M

Maty

Decafeinate coffee Is ok?
could you tell me more about these supplements dosage?
thank you for your help

youngsinatra

Decafeinate coffee Is ok?
could you tell me more about these supplements dosage?
thank you for your help
Yes decaffeinated should work too. I think it’s the polyphenols and plant compounds, not necessarily the caffeine in the coffee that improve the biliary secretion.

In terms of dosages with the supplements, I would avoid high doses and rather keep it to around the RDA, so low-doses. That’s what I do best on.

I personally bought myself the individual B vitamins separately in powder form or in a liquid dropper, so I can change the formula if I want.

I take 5-10mg B1 (thiamine pyrophosphate, liquid), 5-10mg B2 (riboflavin powder, dosed with microspoon) 400mcg B9 (methylfolate, liquid), 250mcg B7 (biotin), 400mg (magnesium malate)

Zinc is preferentially obtained from foods like lean red meat or oysters.

Lactoferrin is a tricky one, and I stopped using it. It’s potent for improving bile flow, but can cause some pretty intense detox reactions from my experience.

Peatress

Some things to consider

Low stomach acid might be an issue. Niacinamide and Thiamine should help as mostlylurking suggested in your other thread. Zinc will help with appetite and stomach acid too

OP
M

Maty

Regarding T3, I‘d wait for the thyroid panel. I‘d also highly encourage you to check your reverse T3 aswell, because sometimes that can cause hypothyroidism symptoms despite good free T4 and free T3 levels.
I posted my thyroid panel here, Rt3 Is not available here in italy

Could you please have a look?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals