UREA Supplement For Low Body Temperature?

artlange

I haven't heard it mentioned that a UREA supplement will raise body temperature, however I'm beginning to grasp for straws. My waking body temp is around 97.8. After a half hour, my body temperature drops to 97.4. If I go outside, and walk in the hot sun for 30 minutes, it gets to 97.8, and I'm seating profusely. I've not had a normal daytime body temperature since I started logging my temps in January. I'm taking the usual peaty supplements: salt, Ca, T3/T4, milk, OJ, liver, A,D,K2,E, etc. What do you think will happen to body temperature with UREA as a supplement?

My possibly erroneous logic: I read somewhere that these was a correlation with low body temperature and future illness with cancer. And we have heard that UREA is an effective treatment for cancer. This correlation is why I am considering UREA for low body temperature and to reduce the chance for cancer in the future.

Any comments/suggestions?

tankasnowgod

I haven't heard it mentioned that a UREA supplement will raise body temperature, however I'm beginning to grasp for straws. My waking body temp is around 97.8. After a half hour, my body temperature drops to 97.4. If I go outside, and walk in the hot sun for 30 minutes, it gets to 97.8, and I'm seating profusely. I've not had a normal daytime body temperature since I started logging my temps in January. I'm taking the usual peaty supplements: salt, Ca, T3/T4, milk, OJ, liver, A,D,K2,E, etc. What do you think will happen to body temperature with UREA as a supplement?

My possibly erroneous logic: I read somewhere that these was a correlation with low body temperature and future illness with cancer. And we have heard that UREA is an effective treatment for cancer. This correlation is why I am considering UREA for low body temperature and to reduce the chance for cancer in the future.

Any comments/suggestions?

Well, Urea is a metabolic stimulant, so quite possibly. I've used it topically, and I do like it, it does have great effects on the skin.

I did try mixing some in some juice, and was able to drink it down. Tried some in plain water and OH GOD, DON'T EVER TRY THAT. Seriously gag inducing. (I do have USP grade stuff)

The things that work best for me at raising body temp are Thyroid, Red Light, and Coconut Oil (as part of a carby meal). I didn't see you mention any of those, I would try those first.

OP
A

artlange

hings that work best for me at raising body temp are Thyroid, Red Light, and Coconut Oil (as part of a carby meal). I didn't see you mention any of those, I would try those first.
I am supplementing with NDT, and my waking temp is 97.9 or 98.0 my HR is elevated so my resting HR is around 85, raising to 90+ when I stand and move around. I have a 250W heat lamp about 3-5ft above my head, It usually on when I am at my computer - a few hours/day. About 1/2 hour after waking with a body temp of 97.9-98.0 my body temp falls to 97.3 I may not be using enough coconut oil. I will add that to my "stack". Thank you for the reminder.

Yesterday I tried willow bark extract (1/2tsp) and it did seem to raise my temp about 0.8 degrees to around 98.2 about a 1/2 hour later for about 1/2 hour. This was the first thing I've tried in a long time besides hot coffee that raised my (oral) body temp during the day. After that slight warming with willow bark extract, my body temp fell to the regular 97.4. I ordered real aspirin from Amazon. I really hate the taste of willow bark extract, and could never take it on a regular basis.

tankasnowgod

I am supplementing with NDT, and my waking temp is 97.9 or 98.0 my HR is elevated so my resting HR is around 85, raising to 90+ when I stand and move around. I have a 250W heat lamp about 3-5ft above my head, It usually on when I am at my computer - a few hours/day. About 1/2 hour after waking with a body temp of 97.9-98.0 my body temp falls to 97.3 I may not be using enough coconut oil. I will add that to my "stack". Thank you for the reminder.

Yesterday I tried willow bark extract (1/2tsp) and it did seem to raise my temp about 0.8 degrees to around 98.2 about a 1/2 hour later for about 1/2 hour. This was the first thing I've tried in a long time besides hot coffee that raised my (oral) body temp during the day. After that slight warming with willow bark extract, my body temp fell to the regular 97.4. I ordered real aspirin from Amazon. I really hate the taste of willow bark extract, and could never take it on a regular basis.

I've used the 250W heat lamps before, and thought the results were OK. The lights that I found made a measurable difference in minutes are the lights from Red Light Man. Seriously, 5-10 minutes can raise temperatures by about a degree. They are more expensive, but after using them, I get why, as they are just the best red light therapy devices you can find at the consumer level.

OP
A

artlange

Red Light Man has a lot of possible models. which one would you recommend?

tankasnowgod

Red Light Man has a lot of possible models. which one would you recommend?

The full body light is awesome, if you can afford that. I think the new version is even better than the one I got.

The regular red light and the infrared light devices are also great, and the concentrated light make it really easy to target the thyroid. I've good effects from all, and I think forum member Mufasa had great results with the regular red light device. You can search for his review.

EIRE24

Well, Urea is a metabolic stimulant, so quite possibly. I've used it topically, and I do like it, it does have great effects on the skin.

I did try mixing some in some juice, and was able to drink it down. Tried some in plain water and OH GOD, DON'T EVER TRY THAT. Seriously gag inducing. (I do have USP grade stuff)

The things that work best for me at raising body temp are Thyroid, Red Light, and Coconut Oil (as part of a carby meal). I didn't see you mention any of those, I would try those first.
How did you use it topically? You mixed it with water?

OP
A

artlange

The full body light is awesome, if you can afford that. I think the new version is even better than the one I got.

The regular red light and the infrared light devices are also great, and the concentrated light make it really easy to target the thyroid. I've good effects from all, and I think forum member Mufasa had great results with the regular red light device. You can search for his review.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a close look at the different models.

tomisonbottom

Do you mind sharing where you got the urea? The only stuff I found was for making cosmetics; wondering if that's what others are using.

I've used the 250W heat lamps before, and thought the results were OK. The lights that I found made a measurable difference in minutes are the lights from Red Light Man. Seriously, 5-10 minutes can raise temperatures by about a degree. They are more expensive, but after using them, I get why, as they are just the best red light therapy devices you can find at the consumer level.

Did you put the lights up against your thyroid or just have them in the room around you?

jitsmonkey

I used every imaginable form of thyroid supp including NDT.
the ONLY one that dramatically, immediately, consistently impacted my pulse and temps was Cynomel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals