What is a desired body temperature when you go to sleep?

tastyfood

We talk a lot about what the basal temperature should be (97.9F), but how about the temperature when you go to sleep (bedtime)?

I get good temps when I wake up and throughout the day, but I haven't been able to confirm if my body temperature when I go to sleep is good.

Thank you!

Gânico

I think during the night you get only slighty colder if your thyroid is good. I remember that before peating, i couldn't sleep without a blanket and/or pajamas, even if it was summer. Nowadays i can sleep naked and without blankets, feeling very warm, it's amazing.

fractal

Wow I could probably move mountains with my mind if was vibing at 99.6 all day. Also further confirmation 11pm-7am is the idealist time to sleep.
To me it seems like a 12 hour cycle ( high at 4:30pm to low at 4:30AM). So if low averages at 97.3F and high at 99.5 then the average daily difference is 2.22%.

My temps never seem to get above 97.5 or go below 95.5 ( 2.06% difference). I wonder if the averages matter more than the absolute values?

I've spent years trying to get my temperature higher. Maybe that's not what's so important individually.

mrchibbs

I think @fractal is dead on. It's about the average.

98.6F was the daily average when measured in the 19th century, at a completely different time when people were probably not as metabolically impaired.

Most people these days, even with additional thyroid, will not reach that average.

What's important is feeling good and alleviating symptoms, and with that perspective, it's perfectly normal and expected for temperature to drop before bed, and clearly that's an important sign that's it's time for bed. It's easier to fall asleep in a cold environment, and from an evolutionary perspective it makes a lot of sense for the body to lower the metabolic rate when asleep. It certainly doesn't feel natural to fall asleep while at 98.6F.

Vileplume

I think @fractal is dead on. It's about the average.

98.6F was the daily average when measured in the 19th century, at a completely different time when people were probably not as metabolically impaired.

Most people these days, even with additional thyroid, will not reach that average.

What's important is feeling good and alleviating symptoms, and with that perspective, it's perfectly normal and expected for temperature to drop before bed, and clearly that's an important sign that's it's time for bed. It's easier to fall asleep in a cold environment, and from an evolutionary perspective it makes a lot of sense for the body to lower the metabolic rate when asleep. It certainly doesn't feel natural to fall asleep while at 98.6F.
Hey Mr. C, do you take thyroid these days? If so, what’s your dosage?

I’ve been reading Dr. Barnes’s book (which I know you’re familiar with) and have worked my way up to 2.5 grains of cynoplus—unfortunately, my basal temp still hovers around 97. I remember reading that you took three grains for a while. How long did you maintain that dose?

Thanks.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals