Desperate In Need Of Help, Low Temperature And High T3: What To Do?

OP
gilson d dantas
So you are suffering reverse T3. That is what happens when you take T4. Pulse is high due to high stress hormones.
Not really. My reverse T3 is normal. I´ll insist with the T3, hoping the situation normalizes.
But still the question: WHY the tachycardia? What is the mechanism that explains that using too high T3, the pulse is high? I had stress hormones before to use T3. The temperature was also low. Why using T3, temperature is low and pulse is high? Why stress hormones are high now?

OP
gilson d dantas
If you taking too much t3 it is deduced from organism quickly, that is why it is no sense to take it too much,
Not really. The T3 still in my blood; more I use T3, more T3 in my blood; now I have 500 of T3 on lab tests.
I use too much T3 because I need to elevate the temperature and the other ways to get it didn´t work.

OP
gilson d dantas
If he had normal TSH before it’s what I would try.
OK. My TSH is zero, actually, for many months. The low temperature is stuck on 36,5o C for months. I think my body is now insensitive to T3 [too much UFAs at the tissues; too high prolactine].

boris

Increase in metabolism means increase in nutritional demands. It would be good to know how much and what you eat. Increasing your food intake after starting thyroid therapy is important.

Common problems for your case are not enough carbs, not enough calories, or not enough of 1 or more important nutrients. Do you get regular oysters and liver?

Not really. My reverse T3 is normal. I´ll insist with the T3, hoping the situation normalizes.
But still the question: WHY the tachycardia? What is the mechanism that explains that using too high T3, the pulse is high? I had stress hormones before to use T3. The temperature was also low. Why using T3, temperature is low and pulse is high? Why stress hormones are high now?

Dr. Peat had said that your body kicks up stress hormones in addition to T3 but that this normalizes. I experience it myself. Now if I take T3, my HR goes up a predictable amount but it isn’t a racing feeling anymore.

OP
gilson d dantas
Increase in metabolism means increase in nutritional demands. It would be good to know how much and what you eat. Increasing your food intake after starting thyroid therapy is important.

Common problems for your case are not enough carbs, not enough calories, or not enough of 1 or more important nutrients. Do you get regular oysters and liver?
You are allright I th ink may be a nutrient demand. I just don´t know what. I need to have regular oysters. But the food intake is ok [too much OJ, milk, gelatine, milk, cheese etc]

mouse

Doesn't high prolactin suggest low dopamine as a possibility, and therefore the possibility of low catecholamines? Low NE causes hypothermia (e.g. genetic DBH deficiency). Tyrosine, copper, iron are worth checking. Maybe a trial of yohimbine hcl.

Wilfrid

Not really. The T3 still in my blood; more I use T3, more T3 in my blood; now I have 500 of T3 on lab tests.
I use too much T3 because I need to elevate the temperature and the other ways to get it didn´t work.
What about your free and total T4? As well as your PTH, calcium, phosphate and vitamin D?

tara

I use Cynoplus [T3+T4], half tablet of 120 twyce by day; and I use Cynomel [T3], 25 mcg 6 times daily [total of 150 mcg].
With too fast heart beat (or irregular heart beat), I'd suspect excess T3 supplement.
I too wonder whether other tactics to raise body temp may be worth considering. Eg hot shower followed by warm clothes.
36.5 is not very low, though.

I use oral temperature. 5 minutes. Two termometers at the same time. Both mercury thermometer. And temperature never goes up [always 36,5 o C].
I got a mercury thermometer a while ago, to see if it gave the same measures as the digital. It got stuck, and never changes it's reading. I assume design or manufacturing flaw.
I´ll insist with the T3, hoping the situation normalizes.
I would consider caution here. Tachycardia or other heartrate disturbances may be cause for concern, indicating potential harm from excess T3 supps. There have been a few people who have fared badly with heart trouble from supplementing excess T3, which is one reasons doctors can be wary of it. I know there are stories of people doing well with lots of T3, but hopefully they are watching the effects on themselves, and they are probably not the ones who developed constant tachycardia.

If you decide to change doses, remember T3 has short half-life, T4 long. Reducing the supps once your system is adapted to them probably wants care and monitoring, possibly a careful reduction. You may need to and monitor adjust carefully as you reduce, if/when you decide to.

Good luck.

OP
gilson d dantas
I'd suspect excess T3 supplement.
Tara, very good words, I thank you very much of your concerns about my case.
I also suspect of excess of T3 supplement. But I cannot undestand why T3 is recognized by the heart but IT IS NOT recognized by the other tissues? Does n´t make sense to me, physiologically speaking. What is the logic of high pulse and LOW temperature? I would like someone explain that for me.

yerrag

High pulse rate doesn't always mean high metabolism. It may reflect inefficiency in the heart pumping blood. Are you sufficient in Electrolytes, especially calcium, as calcium going in and out of heart muscles is involved in the pumping action. Though I'm not sure if heart muscles rely on glucose metabolism or not, the production of CO2 during energy production helps carry calcium ions out of the cell, and this helps increase the pumping efficiency. Related to this is the pH of your blood/ecf. Have you tested your urine pH to gauge your acid-base balance? If your high pulse rate is not reflective of high metabolism but more of an inefficient heart, your metabolic rate may correspond more to your low body temperature.

Since I remember you have a similar situation as I do regarding the kidneys as far as creatinine levels go, it's important to check your acid-base balance and if it's not optimal, to work on improving it- food choices matter and if they're not enough, to take some mineral supplementation.

Since you take enough T3 already, then you have to consider what else is holding the body back from increasing temperature. Would 1000mg daily of elemental magnesium help? Maybe if magnesium is lacking, and if a secondary messenger system is involved, there may not be enough energy to effect the signal in that system to trigger an increase in temperature. I'm not sure, but I believe the pituitary gland is involved in temperature control.

Have you also considered getting exposed regularly to enough sunlight, as the red light will also ensure cytochrome oxidase enzyme is available?

Maybe it's a deficiency here or there that a little change in lifestyle and routines could help you with.

yerrag

Progesterone is inotropic and it may help with making your heart more efficient in pumping blood. Maybe it will lower your heart rate and your heart rate will be more reflective of your metabolic rate.

yerrag

Just as a reference, my urine pH has been around 6.25-6.5 throughout the day, optimal being 6.4-6.8

My temperature has been normal, waking up at 36.5C and this goes to 37 during the day. But my pulse is only 56 waking up, and during the day 68 is what I get usually.

I can get my pulse to go to 95 with some supplementation, but my temps just stay put.

boris

Very good idea! Any other ideas? Perhaps CO2, B3?

Also to keep in mind....
You say you drink a lot of milk and oj. It‘s important to get a lot of salt when you drink so much liquid. It is very easy to forget! Liters of milk will make me cold if I don‘t eat salty things inbetween.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals