Improvements During Day, Metabolic Issues During Night/morning

Dan010101

His guys, so I've recently been working on tuning my diet from all the reading from RP and various members on this forum.

I'm 22 years old,Peating on and off for year and and half. Pretty lean and muscular 80kg 6ft.

My temperature has always been 96-97f as soon as I wake up in the morning but increases after first meal along with pulse, usually reaching between 98-98.6F at late morning/midday and sometimes getting to 98.8fish during late afternoon before coming back down to around 97.5f late evening/bed

My problem is that recently I have woken up feeling very cold in the morning, needing to pee.

Also a week ago ago I think I used too much coffee/aspirin/niacinamide and had a crash so reduced my dosages of them now. I experienced discomfort on right side of stomach around gallbladder/liver area I was esting around 120-140g fat that time.

My diet is this currently

3708 call

156g protein 17%
616g carbs 63%
85g fat 20%

-2L semi skim milk
-1L orange juice
-275g cottage cheese
-200g cooked apple
-50-70g lamb liver
-80g mushrooms
-180g mejool dates
-90g parmigiano reggiano
-9 Tablespoons fructose
-9 tablespoons white sugar
-80g raw carrot
-salt to taste

-energin 2 x 20 drops
-taurine 1-2g
-aspirin 2x 300mg
-caffeine tabs 4 x 100mg
-kuinone 10-15mg

I eat 7-8 times a day as per the getting ripped with Dr peat thread and I find this feels good to me as I can eat lower calorie meals more frequently.

What could be the reason for my cold temp during morning and trouble with sleep?

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You're diet looks good. If it were me I'd stop the supplements for a bit and then add them back in one at a time. You could be stimulating your metabolism too much. You're fairly young and I don't know anything about you but you may not need supplements or perhaps less. I've stopped supplements a few times just to get a clearer feel for what benefits me and what doesn't. Our needs change as our general health and metabolism changes.
I hope others reply with their opinions.

opethfeldt

I struggle with the same problem. The severity of the problem is significantly reduced compared to a year ago but I still feel worse when I get up than in the afternoon. To my knowledge, it's normal to not feel as good upon waking. This is why we take pulse and temperature measurements at that time, because it represents the "worst case scenario" in terms of metabolic markers. Ray Peat makes a point that darkness is stressful and many elderly people die in their sleep, because of that stress. I think the most crucial thing to do is to make sure you get quality food in your body as soon as you can after you wake up. I usually make sure to eat a large amount of protein and lots of simple sugar or fruit. Combine that with some thyroid and you should be able to feel optimal within an hour or so. I'd be curious to know if anyone here wakes up feeling as good as they do in the midday/evening.

Cirion

I have experienced this and what seems to help is caffeine and sugar loading in the morning. My protocol often looks something like 3 tsp salt (4.5 grams), 64 OZ of OJ, and 300 mg of caffeine. For people like us we generally need to load up on LOTS of sugar asap upon waking because we're so depleted. I try to avoid most/all protein and fats in the morning because they inhibit the ability to refill glucose stores.

As for caffeine, As long as you're under around 600 mg, it is fine (for a male around 200 lb at least). I used to think I couldn't handle caffeine either. You just have to increase your sugar intake to accommodate it. I had almost 1000g of carbs yesterday, alongside a total daily intake of 600 mg of caffeine. Sugar and salt mitigates the stress response from it.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom