Trial Use Of NDT

So, my problems is: hair loss, cold body temperature (36.3C/97.3F morning temp), very cold hands and feet, brainfog, bad facial skin (eczema), dry skin, low pulse (about 50) etc. etc.

I have tried to eat in a Peat:ish way the last few years but only with minor succes for my issues. I have access to NDT (through a family member). Would it be a stupid idea to try a little dose (say starting with 1/4 grain two times a day) to see if I feel better? Or should I do some bloodworks first? How much do I stress my body using some NDT if missing T3 is not the problem?

Risingfire

Start with a quarter grain once a day and test temp and pulse an hour after.

Every morning record your temp and pulse upon waking then again an hour after breakfast

Dotdash

My best results have been with NDT via Nutrimeds. Lab work is in the best range ever and temps/pulse are beginning to hold steady. Both my T3 and T4 labs were recently in the mid high range and TSH was 0.035. Nothing else I've taken has been this good at increasing T3 and T4 while reducing TSH. Labs, for me, are a useful tool. Comparing before and after taking some type of thyroid enhancer has been eye opening. I began with one tablet/day and increased to 2 after a couple of weeks because I had already been on T4/T3 combo. It ended up being too much. Now I'm back down to 1 tablet daily. I take 1/2 in morning and 1/4 at noon and early evening. It seems to keep a more even level of energy doing it that way. Hope your experiment works well for you.

ilikecats

@Dotdash the bovine tablets?Do they seem consistent? I have no clue what the t3 to t4 ratio is in them and I don't think they do either lol. But some people say great things about them.

OP
R
The tablets I have access to is 'Thiroyd' which is hormones from pigs (porcine). I guess they are stronger than the bovine tablets. Do anyone know how effective bovine hormones is compared to porcine hormones? Maybe bovine hormones are better to 'experiment' with because of this?

tara

I have tried to eat in a Peatish way the last few years
I think it might depend on what you mean by this - means many things to many people - want to be more precise?
What else have you tried so far?
Getting regular sunlight on skin? Getting enough sleep?

OP
R
In my case this means mostly dietary changes. Avoiding PUFA:s, a lot of fruit, milk etc. etc. I sleep at least 8 hours/night. The sunlight thing is not so easy here in Sweden. Its possible for a few months in the summer, otherwise the sun is to low to have any effect, or its dark. I have noticed some positive things from my dietary changes, but I do have some dermatitis in my face, which possibly is a vitamin D defiency.....maybe I should use (more) vit.D supplements althoug Peat is against it (at least added to milk)...???

tara

In my case this means mostly dietary changes. Avoiding PUFA:s, a lot of fruit, milk etc. etc.
Did this improve things for you? Have you estimated typical average calories, protein, carbs? Checked that you are roughly covering recommended micronutrient intake? (Some of us use cronometer.com or similar from time to time.)
Experimented with the balance of sweet foods with starchy ones to see what serves you best?
The sunlight thing is not so easy here in Sweden.
Indeed. Consider investing in some supplementary red light (orange through near infrared) for the dark half of the year - there are threads - eg strong clear incandescents, if you can get them.
maybe I should use (more) vit.D supplements althoug Peat is against it
I have not seen Peat generally oppose vit-D supplementation - he's pointed to studies finding it useful for some conditions - though he does usually favour food over supplements for most nutrition where possible. But vit-D is not the only thing you need sunlight (or other suitable light) for - the red part of the spectrum helps restore the cytochrome oxidase enzyme, which is used for cellular energy production. You can't replace this with an oral supplement of any kind, AFAIK.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals