Mushrooms

Yeah it grows here too. I just bought some coffee that has chaga extract in it.
I drank chaga tea a few times few years ago, don't remember if it did anything special. I remember it being good though, with honey. :)

Jayfish

I think to get any real benefit out of it you got brew it for hours and also make an alcohol tincture, some proper ties are water soluble, some are alcohol.

L

lollipop

@Jayfish @damngoodcoffee You guys just answered my question from another thread I posted on about the benefits of chaga. Here was my post:

I just made the most yummy natural root beer:

3 chunks of chaga mushroom (longevity warehouse sells them)
1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
1 liter water
3-4 tsp honey

Simmer for 2 hours water, cinnamon stick and chaga mushroom.
Then turn off and stir in honey.
Cool and use mixed with sparkling water 1/3 chaga concentrate, 2/3 sparkling (my husband likes 1/2 chaga 1/2 sparkling.

Super tasty.

@Tarmander do you know about Chaga benefits?

Jayfish

@lisaferraro that sounds awesome. I have been thinking about buying a carbinator, that would be a perfect drink to use with it.

P.S, I live in the great white north and pick chaga abundantly, not sure what you paying at longevity but if you want to buy bulk for cheap, PM me.

L

lollipop

@lisaferraro that sounds awesome. I have been thinking about buying a carbinator, that would be a perfect drink to use with it.

P.S, I live in the great white north and pick chaga abundantly, not sure what you paying at longevity but if you want to buy bulk for cheap, PM me.
I use the Soda Stream brand of carbinator. Most models are plastic containers but two models use the glass. I use one of the glass models. LOVE it. One thing I learned after 3 broken ones - lol, hand wash the glass containers rather than in dishwasher. The heat/cold extreme weakens the glass molecules...

L

lollipop

Interesting @Pet Peeve! I still drink my Chaga soda I mentioned above - maybe 3-4 times a week. My biggest observation @damngoodcoffee has been with immune. Lowers allergy responses, and helps with cold/flu prevention.

cyclops

I don't know if mushrooms and carrots are really comparable and if mushrooms can really take the place of carrot/carrot salad.

Last edited:

cyclops

I mean they are definitely different and the mushrooms have to be cooked and the carrot has to be raw; I feel like the carrot does a bit more the move things through. Maybe they are different types of fiber or maybe something else. I just dont think they are completely interchangeable for the purpose of the "carrot salad" Peat recommends.

x-ray peat

anyone know what percentage of white button mushrooms are GMO. It was allowed to go to market but I cant see find any info on it. Maybe best to get organic only

Frankdee20

"Well cooked button mushrooms contain an effective amount of aromatase inhibitors, and can improve digestion, and are very nutritious, similar to meat." - RP

Source: Danny Roddy Patreon feed.

I only eat the white button shrooms, I believe other varieties block 5 alpha reductase.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals