How To Eat Mushrooms?

ken

I'm tucking into a bowl of mushroom soap with scallops. Coconut milk, curry, ginger, garlic, butter, cayenne and a little sugar.
upload_2016-3-18_18-59-9.jpeg

whit

I'm with Lindsay on this one. The source is as important as the preperation.
Mushrooms are incredible in many ways.
They resperate like we do.
If you dry them in the sun they make Vit.D like we do.
They love sugar like we do. They trade the plants minerals for it.
They're a great source of some rare minerals like selenium and manganese.

If however they're grown in questionable soil they can absorb the questionable parts.

tara

bobbybobbob

Canned mushrooms a good idea?

Anyone know if canned mushrooms would be hydrazine free? I'm too lazy for all this preparation.
As far as I know, the canning process involves pressure cooking.

You can totally smell the hydrazine. It's quite distinctive. You can't smell it at room temperature, but if you bring canned mushrooms to a boil in the microwave or on the stove and smell the pungent odor then they need more cooking.

L

Lord Cola

Would anybody be willing to share a scan or pdf of Dr. Peat's mushrooms newsletter? I don't want to bother Dr. Peat about it if I can.

L

Lord Cola

Sorry about double posting.

Is phosphate a problem with mushrooms? According to Cronometer, if I eat about a cup of mushrooms (which I think is about the amount I need to eat to experience benefits), I would need about a quart of fat free milk without additives to achieve roughly 1:1 ratio of calcium to phosphorus. That's a disgusting amount of protein in one meal. I think that calcium-phosphorus ratio should not be left unbalanced for a long duration of time, though I am unsure if phosphorus in mushrooms is absorbed a great deal. So does the phosphorus in mushrooms require balancing, or are there reasons why it's healthful to eat mushrooms alone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals