• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Cooking Mushrooms

Peato Diet

Im about to cook a load of mushrooms. What does Ray say about this?

Is boiling mushrooms for 3 hours better than 1 hour?

Do i have to discard the water which the mushrooms where boiled in or can it be consumed? On the following website it says that you should let the water evaporate in order to get rid of the cancer causing chemical hydrazine. It even goes so far as to say that the ventilation should be good. Is this correct according to Ray? : If you aren't cooking mushrooms this way, you are increasing cancer risk - www.dailymedicaldiscoveries.com

Can the mushrooms be cooked in a crock-pot (which normally do not heat to a boil) or is it important to heat to 100 Degrees C in order to destroy the hydrazine?

Sautéed under ventilation until they release their water and most evaporates. They are outgassing carcinogenic hydrazine

Now add some liquid and cook for an hour. I use a pressure cooker and finish them for 20 minutes which is a lot quicker.

If I used a slow cooker I'd sautee first in a hot skillet.

sprinter

I just sauté sliced mushrooms for like 10 minutes and eat. Is this really gonna hurt me or give me cancer? I don't wanna spend 3+ hours cooking to eat some fricken mushrooms! Why does everything have to be so complicated?

Peato Diet

I just sauté sliced mushrooms for like 10 minutes and eat. Is this really gonna hurt me or give me cancer? I don't wanna spend 3+ hours cooking to eat some fricken mushrooms! Why does everything have to be so complicated?

If you cook in bulk then freeze in portions it makes things a lot easier.

I keep the liquid. The hydrazine boils off. The liquid ocntsins a lot of valuable nutrients so I understand.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Cooking The Mushrooms - Sliced Or Whole? Recipes 2
L Do You Wash Mushrooms Before Cooking? Diet, Recipes 4
-Luke- Does it matter if I peel potatoes before or after cooking? Starches, Fiber, Legumes 4
Braisedsteel Cooking rice in methylene blue. Diet 1
ddjd Cooking citrus peel "enhances intracellular levels of flavonoids" Ask For Help or Advice 19
M Does cooking vegetables destroy their vitamin C? Ask For Help or Advice 11
charlie Solid High-Carbon Steel For Cooking? What Say You? Cookware, Microwave 36
TypicalJock Cooking oils Ask For Help or Advice 6
GelatinGoblin Cooking And Eating Elastin? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 1
norseman Cooking Bananas Destroys Serotonin? Fruits & Fruit Juice 11
L Cyanide And Cooking Bamboo Shoots Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 4
O Tips For Cooking Sweet Potatoes Recipes 27
H Scientists Find First Evidence Of Humans Cooking Starches Articles & Scientific Studies 8
Cirion Cooking With Distilled Water? Water 8
G Does Cooking Liver For A Few Minutes Destroy Vitamin A? Organ Meat 10
O Induction / Electric Cooking (pic) Ask For Help or Advice 16
charlie New Gene-Edited Cooking Oil Is Secretly Being Used In Restaurants Breaking News 5
A Pressure Cooker For Faster Meat Cooking Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 11
Sativa The Hidden Hazards Of Microwave Cooking Scientific Studies 10
michael94 Rust-ic Cooking Body Care 0
methylenewhite The Fat Of The Land: Proceedings Of The Oxford Symposium On Food And Cooking 2002 Society 1
N Study: Repeated Cooking And Freezing Of Whole Wheat Flour Increases Resistant Starch Recipes 23
P Wash Your Rice Before Cooking It (aflatoxin) Articles & Scientific Studies 8
F What Is Probably Safer? Stove Cooking With Steel Or Ceramic? Cookware, Microwave 3
W Taurine Retention And Various Cooking Methods Diet, Recipes 4
Amazoniac Coconut Water For Cooking And Beverages Miscellaneous Health Discussions 11
R Cooking With Collagen Hydrolysate Gelatin 1
M Induction Cooking . Any Thoughts? Cookware, Microwave 1
P After Cooking Cartilage Broth Should I Eat The Chicken Feet Too? Digestion, Gut Flora 8
A.R Any Body Use Animal Fats For Cooking? Fats 6
Ashoka Panic Attack / Hyperventilation From Cooking Oil Smoke Mental Issues 2
Westside PUFAs Blogger gets attacked after suggesting that polyunsaturated cooking oils may contribute to skin agin The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 5
B A Couple Things I've Been Cooking Recipes 2
I Cooking with vegetable oils releases toxic cancer causing chemicals say experts Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 0
DaveFoster High Heat Cooking Ray Peat Quotes 7
J Stainless Steel Leaches Nickel And Chromium Into Foods During Cooking Cookware, Microwave 63
R Cooking Fruits Fruits 0
haidut Potato Protein Soup Cooking Rules Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Ray Peat Potato Protein 67
D Cooking Rice & Starch Starches, Fiber, Legumes 1
E Baking Vs Boiling- Cooking Diet, Recipes 12
J Cooking Potatoes in Water vs. Salted Water Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Ray Peat Potato Protein 3
F Cooking eggs Eggs 15
S An anti-supplement? Cooking pan safety Supplements 23
N Starch's Evil: Amelioration by Cooking and Fat Consumption Starches, Fiber, Legumes 17
K Cooking Oysters Seafood 30
kiran Cooking rice in lye. Starches, Fiber, Legumes 9
N Using a pressure cooker for white button mushrooms... Diet 1
P Do they have to be button mushrooms? Diet 4
TacoVampire Cynoplus, magic mushrooms, adderall Testimonials 0
T Have medicinal mushrooms helped you? Digestion 0