Multiple chemical sensitivity

Advocate2021

I went through that too. For years. But I'm much better now. I've read through your posts on this thread and I'd like to provide some insight for you to consider.

Chemical sensitivities happen when your body has an overload of toxins. Sometimes things happen that block your body's detox capabilities. The first time this happened to me (1993) to the extent that I could no longer function at all my husband packed me up and delivered me to an orthomolecular physician who specialized in detoxing people. That doctor saved my life.

My primary problem was heavy metals toxicity with a big dollop of organo-phosphate insecticide poisoning on top. Heavy metals poisoning keep your body's detox apparatus from working. The doctor prescribed massive amounts of vitamins and chelated me with EDTA IVs to remove the heavy metals, including lead.

As I look back on this experience now I am struck by the fact that the other 24 people who worked in the same building where the organo-phosphate insecticide exposure happened did not get sick. I'm the only one who almost got slammed into my grave. I think this was because I already was compromised via my heavy metals body load, which included lead.

Lead has an affinity for sulfur; the thiamine molecule has a sulfur component. Lead will chemically attach to the sulfur and rip the thiamine molecule apart which makes it unusable for the body. So lead poisoning will cause a thiamine deficiency. Thiamine is required to maintain the integrity of the blood/brain barrier. If the blood/brain barrier becomes compromised, things get into the brain that wreak havoc. I think that this is a big reason for multiple chemical sensitivities. I have found that supplementing with high dose thiamine hcl has massively resolved my problems.

Being an athlete uses up vitamins at a higher rate which makes athletes more susceptible to substances (like vaccines) that block thiamine function.
"One of the puzzles that the mothers have discussed is that the vaccination seems to pick off the brightest and the best students who are usually also excellent athletes."

Breathing in heavy metal dust is a most efficient way to get heavy metal poisoning. Thiamine supplementation can help. The symptoms of lead poisoning exactly match thiamine deficiency (because lead uses up the available thiamine) and supplementing with thiamine can resolve those symptoms.

Hold onto that image. It will give you a goal to work toward.

The best way to do this is to read Ray Peat's articles and listen to his radio shows.
Here is a search engine to use to search Peat's articles. I've found it best to get Ray's wisdom directly from him.
Here is a search engine to use to search the audio shows.
Here is a collection of Ray Peat oriented links.

All of the body's organs, every cell in the body rely on cellular energy, ATP to function. ATP is made in the mitochondria via oxidative metabolism which must have thyroid hormone and thiamine to work. Focusing on these two things, thyroid function and thiamine would be helpful.

A profound and universal truth. Life's difficulties brings us back to the Father.

View attachment 45372
you are a cornucopia of resources thank you. which thiamine are you using currently?

mostlylurking

you are a cornucopia of resources thank you. which thiamine are you using currently?
I use plain old thiamine hcl, bulk powder I get from bulksupplements.com. I tolerate it well. I tried the TTFD type of thiamine but reacted badly to it, probably because my heavy metal load had made my glutathione supply very low. The thiamine hcl has increased my glutathione level up to normal now so I suppose I could switch over to TTFD but I'm used to the taste of the powder now so see no reason to make the switch.

Advocate2021

I use plain old thiamine hcl, bulk powder I get from bulksupplements.com. I tolerate it well. I tried the TTFD type of thiamine but reacted badly to it, probably because my heavy metal load had made my glutathione supply very low. The thiamine hcl has increased my glutathione level up to normal now so I suppose I could switch over to TTFD but I'm used to the taste of the powder now so see no reason to make the switch.
i think i confused purebulk and bulksupplements. have you had experience with the purebulk as well and if so were there any issues with it?

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

I was thinking a bit ago about the places you could chose to be in, the one where you were happy entertaining others or the one you are in now, where you are really going deep and finding spiritual things to share, and which one you would truely pick. Getting a glimps of your heart in this thread I really don’t think you would choose to go backwards. You are exactly where you are suppose to be, you just have to keep moving through it to get the other side. Every time I get to other side, looking back, it always all makes sense. We gotta have the will rather than the why while we are in the thick of it.
Thank you Rinse for keeping me from looking back. I for sure dont want to go back to trying to please others. I like being able to share spiritual things for sure. I want to be able to see what I didnt see before. And I know I hear this all the time but it is hard to do. God doesnt always take away your problems but he will go through it with you. Your advice is always spot on. I really want to thank you for all your insight!

Thank you Rinse for keeping me from looking back. I for sure dont want to go back to trying to please others. I like being able to share spiritual things for sure. I want to be able to see what I didnt see before. And I know I hear this all the time but it is hard to do. God doesnt always take away your problems but he will go through it with you. Your advice is always spot on. I really want to thank you for all your insight!
Thank you for encouraging me too. It is comforting when someone is in the same spot and can relate. It make a person not feel so alone.

Comstock

I went through that too. For years. But I'm much better now. I've read through your posts on this thread and I'd like to provide some insight for you to consider.

Chemical sensitivities happen when your body has an overload of toxins. Sometimes things happen that block your body's detox capabilities. The first time this happened to me (1993) to the extent that I could no longer function at all my husband packed me up and delivered me to an orthomolecular physician who specialized in detoxing people. That doctor saved my life.

My primary problem was heavy metals toxicity with a big dollop of organo-phosphate insecticide poisoning on top. Heavy metals poisoning keep your body's detox apparatus from working. The doctor prescribed massive amounts of vitamins and chelated me with EDTA IVs to remove the heavy metals, including lead.

As I look back on this experience now I am struck by the fact that the other 24 people who worked in the same building where the organo-phosphate insecticide exposure happened did not get sick. I'm the only one who almost got slammed into my grave. I think this was because I already was compromised via my heavy metals body load, which included lead.

Lead has an affinity for sulfur; the thiamine molecule has a sulfur component. Lead will chemically attach to the sulfur and rip the thiamine molecule apart which makes it unusable for the body. So lead poisoning will cause a thiamine deficiency. Thiamine is required to maintain the integrity of the blood/brain barrier. If the blood/brain barrier becomes compromised, things get into the brain that wreak havoc. I think that this is a big reason for multiple chemical sensitivities. I have found that supplementing with high dose thiamine hcl has massively resolved my problems.

Being an athlete uses up vitamins at a higher rate which makes athletes more susceptible to substances (like vaccines) that block thiamine function.
"One of the puzzles that the mothers have discussed is that the vaccination seems to pick off the brightest and the best students who are usually also excellent athletes."

Breathing in heavy metal dust is a most efficient way to get heavy metal poisoning. Thiamine supplementation can help. The symptoms of lead poisoning exactly match thiamine deficiency (because lead uses up the available thiamine) and supplementing with thiamine can resolve those symptoms.

The best way to do this is to read Ray Peat's articles and listen to his radio shows.
Here is a search engine to use to search Peat's articles. I've found it best to get Ray's wisdom directly from him.

All of the body's organs, every cell in the body rely on cellular energy, ATP to function. ATP is made in the mitochondria via oxidative metabolism which must have thyroid hormone and thiamine to work. Focusing on these two things, thyroid function and thiamine would be helpful.

A profound and universal truth. Life's difficulties brings us back to the Father.

View attachment 45372
Thank you for the detail. Would you recommend a thiamine test? Is that a reliable way to diagnose a deficiency?

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

Wow i just saw this thread because of the title which is something I too have been baffled by for 30 years. I recently connected my sensitivity to beginning when I was put on estrogen at almost 18. I had always been a very allergic person to pollens, grasses, etc (was on allergy shots for at least 20 plus years starting around 8 years old and sure those were bad too) prior; but I do not recall the chemical sensitivity per se until soon after I started the estrogen treatments i have shared my story prolifically here; but i was blessed to find Dr. Peat and connect with him before i dropped dead from the estrogen at 28 and have had quite the journey. going off estrogen and taking massive amounts of progest-e at that young age did wonders of course and allowed me to finally go through puberty and manage to get unexpectedly pregnant not long therafter. As the years went on and i learned more and more and integrated more and more, generally i became healthier and healthier except for the MCS which is still an issue despite other signs of glowing health apparently. so its stumped me. there is a rewiring the brain (website has that name) that is apparently very effective for this condition based upon limbic system impairment- may try that next.. i ended up trying hypnosis as Dr. Peat thought that made more sense hen i asked him about hypnosis vs. the retraining the brain program. while it was beneficial, it did not help with the MCS.

my latest trial is using PEA (you can find out about it here on the forum), as my latest hypothesis based upon my correlation of the pharmaceutical estrogen dosing to the beginning of the MCS for me is that after such prolonged estrogen poisoning (12 years), my body developed a hypersensitivity to anything estrogenic which all chemicals basically are. i also feel that some sort of pattern got programmed into my organism to put out estrogen surges, mimicking the synthetic surges imposed upon it those 12 years. The PEA seems to address this paradigm so been trying it for about 2 weeks now i think and have had quite pronounced responses to it depending on where i am in my cycle when i take it which is interesting, making me think it does have some mechanism whereby it interacts with estrogen in a positive way. Since almost all of these toxins are estrogenic i believe and you are equating your onset to an extreme exposure to the metallic dust, perhaps the PEA is something to look into. too early for me to tell you if its getting rid of my MCS; but its definitely doing something per my threads here on the subject.

On a more spiritual note, although its nuisance and sucks as i do suffer a lot, I go on with my life and consider myself healthy and unusually youthful at 52. I am the fittest and healthiest ive ever been and have kept myself quite young. Been training for 30 years, very strong and am a practicing attorney currently on the frontlines of the health and freedom fight for humanity. I do have reactions but i just try to focus on all the signs of health i do have and i feel that keeps me very engaged and active. Sharing this because perhaps if you jump start yourself to be more active and engaged it will help and you will feel better and happier as you continue to try to figure out the MCS. That about sums up my last 30 years lol.
Salicylates are in everything. From food to products. The key is to have your kidneys and liver working because that's how you get rid of them.. mainly urination!

I found raising my Nitric Oxide levels instantly, and i mean within seconds, took away a heaviness and tension in the back of my head that was chronic. It lifted. I just took a *miniscule* amount of L-Ornithine once and got my personal AH-HA moment. I also really like taking L-Citrulline to instantly raise the N.O. levels, esp when I'm feeling that "weird way" where I am feeling heavy, out of it, like crying, just a frozen mess. Many things give you an instant N.O. boost, BTW, like honey, one shot of alcohol (too much = less N.O., same with marijuana), strong mints, all sorts o things. But for really raising it, I suggest those amino acids I mentioned above. See if it helps you. You'll notice right away if you're anything like me.
Thank you HeyThere for your response again and letting me know what has helped you. Im sorry that you have had to deal with all these health issues also. I will try the things you suggested. I had no idea what to take for all of my issues. Like I was saying I think my kidnay and liver and Gall bladder I think have been overloaded from the drugs I am taking.

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

Thank you for encouraging me too. It is comforting when someone is in the same spot and can relate. It make a person not feel so alone.
That is for sure Rinse. we are all in this together. I am pretty new to this site and you are the first person that responded. So I really never even knew about how this site or how it works and still just learning. So thanks for all your support also.

That is for sure Rinse. we are all in this together. I am pretty new to this site and you are the first person that responded. So I really never even knew about how this site or how it works and still just learning. So thanks for all your support also.
That was me last year when I joined, I screwed up my first threads not being technically savvy and made mistakes, not knowing I can change things. You will be fine and a great addition to our forum family!

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

Wow i just saw this thread because of the title which is something I too have been baffled by for 30 years. I recently connected my sensitivity to beginning when I was put on estrogen at almost 18. I had always been a very allergic person to pollens, grasses, etc (was on allergy shots for at least 20 plus years starting around 8 years old and sure those were bad too) prior; but I do not recall the chemical sensitivity per se until soon after I started the estrogen treatments i have shared my story prolifically here; but i was blessed to find Dr. Peat and connect with him before i dropped dead from the estrogen at 28 and have had quite the journey. going off estrogen and taking massive amounts of progest-e at that young age did wonders of course and allowed me to finally go through puberty and manage to get unexpectedly pregnant not long therafter. As the years went on and i learned more and more and integrated more and more, generally i became healthier and healthier except for the MCS which is still an issue despite other signs of glowing health apparently. so its stumped me. there is a rewiring the brain (website has that name) that is apparently very effective for this condition based upon limbic system impairment- may try that next.. i ended up trying hypnosis as Dr. Peat thought that made more sense hen i asked him about hypnosis vs. the retraining the brain program. while it was beneficial, it did not help with the MCS.

my latest trial is using PEA (you can find out about it here on the forum), as my latest hypothesis based upon my correlation of the pharmaceutical estrogen dosing to the beginning of the MCS for me is that after such prolonged estrogen poisoning (12 years), my body developed a hypersensitivity to anything estrogenic which all chemicals basically are. i also feel that some sort of pattern got programmed into my organism to put out estrogen surges, mimicking the synthetic surges imposed upon it those 12 years. The PEA seems to address this paradigm so been trying it for about 2 weeks now i think and have had quite pronounced responses to it depending on where i am in my cycle when i take it which is interesting, making me think it does have some mechanism whereby it interacts with estrogen in a positive way. Since almost all of these toxins are estrogenic i believe and you are equating your onset to an extreme exposure to the metallic dust, perhaps the PEA is something to look into. too early for me to tell you if its getting rid of my MCS; but its definitely doing something per my threads here on the subject.

On a more spiritual note, although its nuisance and sucks as i do suffer a lot, I go on with my life and consider myself healthy and unusually youthful at 52. I am the fittest and healthiest ive ever been and have kept myself quite young. Been training for 30 years, very strong and am a practicing attorney currently on the frontlines of the health and freedom fight for humanity. I do have reactions but i just try to focus on all the signs of health i do have and i feel that keeps me very engaged and active. Sharing this because perhaps if you jump start yourself to be more active and engaged it will help and you will feel better and happier as you continue to try to figure out the MCS. That about sums up my last 30 years lol.
Hi Advocate Im sorry for all you have been through. I have heard of PEA. There is so much going on with our bodies that it is hard to keep up for sure. I have heard of the retraining program as well but havent tried it Thank you for letting me know and I will be interested if it helps the PEA I mean.

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

View attachment 45372
Wow Mostly you gave me so much information. and broke down the parts of my messages. Thank you so much I will try and go through all that you sent me. I love the story on God's embroidery!

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

That was me last year when I joined, I screwed up my first threads not being technically savvy and made mistakes, not knowing I can change things. You will be fine and a great addition to our forum family!
I am with you Rinse Im kind of overwhelmed with information right now and I am not tech Savvy either. Thank you for being here!

mostlylurking

Wow Mostly you gave me so much information. and broke down the parts of my messages. Thank you so much I will try and go through all that you sent me. I love the story on God's embroidery!
In 2010, God's Embroidery appeared in my mailbox in an envelope from some unknown far away quilt store and I assumed it was yet another donation request. I had just returned home from my father's (a hard 5 hour drive) who had been suffering with Alzheimer's for 4+ years and was really sick; my brother had recently committed suicide; and I was being sued regarding my inheritance (long story). God's Embroidery really hit home; I so needed that message at that moment.

When my gut was a mess in 2020 (from the Bactrim antibiotic), Ray Peat suggested to me that thiamine and magnesium would help heal it. Oh, and lots of well cooked mushrooms. Lots and lots of well cooked mushrooms. If your gut is compromised, you can suffer from leaky gut where partially digested food molecules can get into your blood stream and cause multiple food allergies and add yet another load to your immune system. I followed his advice and recovered but it took a lot more thiamine hcl than first believed.

mostlylurking

Thank you for the detail. Would you recommend a thiamine test? Is that a reliable way to diagnose a deficiency?
Finding a place that will do a reliable thiamine test has been very difficult/impossible. Here's an article about thiamine tests. Generally, the advice that I've read recently (but cannot find now to link) is that if you have symptoms of thiamine deficiency and you take some and it resolves the symptoms then thiamine deficiency is probably what was causing the problem. When I first tried a higher dose of thiamine hcl (around 300mg), all my pain disappeared and my temperature went up a full degree to 98.6, within 45 minutes of taking the thiamine.

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

Oh also, on a thread of mine where i asked for help on this same issue, a member reported that supplementing riboflavin made a huge difference for her chemical sensitivity- like almost cured it. so, im about to try that- got the cleanest one i could find. i know many here dont like supplements but if it works find with me. she mentioned just taking 20 mg although most capsules contain 100 but could open them and just take some of the capsule. ill update on that then i try. it.
Thank you for your help Advocate. Very kind of you!

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

Finding a place that will do a reliable thiamine test has been very difficult/impossible. Here's an article about thiamine tests. Generally, the advice that I've read recently (but cannot find now to link) is that if you have symptoms of thiamine deficiency and you take some and it resolves the symptoms then thiamine deficiency is probably what was causing the problem. When I first tried a higher dose of thiamine hcl (around 300mg), all my pain disappeared and my temperature went up a full degree to 98.6, within 45 minutes of taking the thiamine.
Thank you for all your help Mostly!

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

Thank you Rinse I am getting so I have a hard time following everything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals