Anyone have sensitivity to smells on Progest e

Raypmom

I've gotten a few suggestion's to try using high doses of progest e, so I have been doing that every night before bed. I sleep better, wake up with more energy and my face is glowing. So yeah good stuff.

But lately I have been highly sensitive to metal scents/smell. Like my kitchen sink, I can't stand next to it without gagging. Also, I can smell anything from a mile. I am becoming highly sensitive to anything that has a scent. I can stand most of them, but the metallic/metal smell is the worst. Also my tap water makes me nauseous I don't drink it, but I run baths etc. and it's the worst, it has some weird chlorine/ bleach smell to it that I can't stand. (can you imagine what they put in our water?) What ever it is, it's not good because my nose can smell it! (you guys are probably laughing at me) but it's really bothering me. I sometimes hold my breath when I'm rinsing a plate or something. It's not a big deal or concern, but I am wondering what's causing this? The only other time I have been sensitive to smells is when I was pregnant and had low blood sugar all the time from not eating. I'm definitely not pregnant now (just had a period last week) I know it's hormone related, so could it be estrogen? But that wouldn't make sense because I'm using like a dime sized progest e topically. I just put it all over my neck, chest and thighs. Does it matter where I put it? I just think those are the best places for me and I feel it working almost instantly.

If you stop drinking chlorinated or fluorinated water for some days, you will experience this. Have you switched water brand or such a thing?

Lin

I noticed an increased sense of smell after about 6 mo of Peating. It was very distracting, though kinda neat. I do not use Progest e. Don't know what caused it. I thought, at the time, it was just because of the increase in metabolism.
Now, I don't notice it anymore... It has been about a year.

OP
R

Raypmom

Such_Saturation said:
If you stop drinking chlorinated or fluorinated water for some days, you will experience this. Have you switched water brand or such a thing?

I don't drink water. Only sometimes when I feel thirsty. I drink milk and OJ most of the time. I stopped drinking water a while back (almost 2 years). I only use it when I feel it's a must. I still use the same water brand (store brand) for making my coffee. So I don't think it's that. Because everything is the same there. But man, our water stinks!

I wasn't so sensitive to this before, but I guess now I am for some reason.

By the way, I stopped drinking water (aquafina) after reading a stupidly weird article about the water company admitting to using some weird testing methods that involved aborted fetus tissues and some other weird human flesh stuff to see how the water would react when people drink it. I can't remember the name of the article but it was enough to freak me out. Then I read rays article about water and I decided it wasn't as "important" as people said it was. You always hear people say drink more water blah blah…. not that the brand I currently drink is better or anything, but I use it a lot less and I don't chug it like I use to. This was a while back, nothing recent so I don't think it's related to my sensitivity now. Dunno….

Not sure how real that article was though. It was written by an anti abortion group and they mentioned a couple of other big water bottle companies. The testing was about flavor enhancing research using baby cells. :eek:

I noticed it's still around the web community here is one article:

Comments from a source that isn’t pro-life, as such, focused instead on environmental and food issues:

"To be clear, the aborted fetal tissue used to make Pepsi’s flavor chemicals does not end up in the final product sold to customers, according to reports — it is used, instead, to evaluate how actual human taste receptors respond to these chemical flavorings". But the fact that Pepsi uses them at all when viable, non-human alternatives are available illustrates the company’s blatant disregard for ethical and moral concerns in the matter.

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/ ... z3MAo7kP4c

OP
R

Raypmom

Lin said:
I noticed an increased sense of smell after about 6 mo of Peating. It was very distracting, though kinda neat. I do not use Progest e. Don't know what caused it. I thought, at the time, it was just because of the increase in metabolism.
Now, I don't notice it anymore... It has been about a year.

I may have experienced this too at one point and maybe it was not as strong as now. But aside from the bleach like smell from the water, what bothers me the most is the metal smell. Or is it copper I smell? What ever it is, it stinks :lol:

Lin

I thought most smells were neutral, neither pleasant nor unpleasant. Wondered if this is what it's like to be a dog! :lolno: Our water doesn't have much smell (Dansani is bottled right here), but the smells coming from the kitchen sink drain were obnoxious. I was constantly cleaning the sink, and I could smell the cat.
But, I don't know, for you, progesterone might be the cause.

tara

I got get super-sensitive to smells as part of migraine prodrome. Maybe that's related to serotonin disregulation.
I was also more sensitive and intolerant to many chemical smells when pregnant.
My tap water is generally untreated, but it had to be treated temporarily for a while when there was damage to the reticulation system. Horrible. For drinking/cooking purposes, I think most chlorine/bleach evaporates off if left to stand for a while after pouring. No getting around it for showers, though.
I've had metal tasting/smelling water from some places - I suspect corroding pipes.
I haven't noticed increased sensitivity since taking progesterone.

OP
R

Raypmom

tara said:
I got get super-sensitive to smells as part of migraine prodrome. Maybe that's related to serotonin disregulation.
I was also more sensitive and intolerant to many chemical smells when pregnant.
My tap water is generally untreated, but it had to be treated temporarily for a while when there was damage to the reticulation system. Horrible. For drinking/cooking purposes, I think most chlorine/bleach evaporates off if left to stand for a while after pouring. No getting around it for showers, though.
I've had metal tasting/smelling water from some places - I suspect corroding pipes.
I haven't noticed increased sensitivity since taking progesterone.

Well I ordered more progest e today, and that's that! As for the smells I'll live.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals