Multiple chemical sensitivity

Rescue story

I have been dealing with this chronic illness. Now for over 7 years where I dont have much of a life. I dont really even talk to my friends anymore. My sister lives with me but she is mostly gone doing her own thing. And she has the house filled with most of her junk so it is even hard to clean. I dont have much energy for that anyway. I dont go out at all except for doctors appointments. I have this chemical sensitivity where I cant be around any kind of smells like perfume cologne even scented laundry detergent. it causes me major anxiety where I go into a panic attack and have trouble breathing. So there is not much joy in my life. I also was an athlete all of my life played all kinds of sports worked out and always tried to eat healthy and keep my body in shape. So that has been hard to deal with for me. I just feel like a bother to everyone right now and I am not telling you this to make you feel sorry for me. I just want you to know where I am coming from. I have made a lot of bad decisions in my life and I am now paying the price. You reap what you sow. So to speak. So anyway I realize that you have you things to deal with also. Most of my friends have moved on and dont understand why I dont just go out and start living life again. So any way I just dont want to be a burden to anyone.
It all started back in oct of 2015. I was just doing a favor for a friend and ended up cutting some metal screws and breathed in the metal dust. My empathy and not saying no to things that are bad for me has been a major downfall for me all of my life. Sorry to write so much but I just wanted you to know my situation and how I got here,

I have been dealing with this chronic illness. Now for over 7 years where I dont have much of a life. I dont really even talk to my friends anymore. My sister lives with me but she is mostly gone doing her own thing. And she has the house filled with most of her junk so it is even hard to clean. I dont have much energy for that anyway. I dont go out at all except for doctors appointments. I have this chemical sensitivity where I cant be around any kind of smells like perfume cologne even scented laundry detergent. it causes me major anxiety where I go into a panic attack and have trouble breathing. So there is not much joy in my life. I also was an athlete all of my life played all kinds of sports worked out and always tried to eat healthy and keep my body in shape. So that has been hard to deal with for me. I just feel like a bother to everyone right now and I am not telling you this to make you feel sorry for me. I just want you to know where I am coming from. I have made a lot of bad decisions in my life and I am now paying the price. You reap what you sow. So to speak. So anyway I realize that you have you things to deal with also. Most of my friends have moved on and dont understand why I dont just go out and start living life again. So any way I just dont want to be a burden to anyone.
It all started back in oct of 2015. I was just doing a favor for a friend and ended up cutting some metal screws and breathed in the metal dust. My empathy and not saying no to things that are bad for me has been a major downfall for me all of my life. Sorry to write so much but I just wanted you to know my situation and how I got here,
I sympathize with you. I came from an unhealthy place to where I was reacting to everything for many years too. People felt sorry for me, but I am so glad that it happened because it made me learn and do better, and now help other people with a variety of issues. I have dealt depression too, from my best friends dying, my dog dying in January and then my husband two weeks later, so I know the depths of despair. It s good you reached out here for help cause people here are so knowledgeable and eager to see you get better.

Here is my thread on my chemical sensitivity. I also had histamine intolerance too for many years so I could not eat anything without a variety of reactions for awhile, and my sleep was affected too from the histamines. I had a big dirty snowball going on for a longtime. You are gonna have to start somewhere, so start reading through threads I linked below and pick something you can commit to to start digging yourself out of your hole. Ask lots of questions too. We are all here to support you in any way we can.

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

I sympathize with you. I came from an unhealthy place to where I was reacting to everything for many years too. People felt sorry for me, but I am so glad that it happened because it made me learn and do better, and now help other people with a variety of issues. I have dealt depression too, from my best friends dying, my dog dying in January and then my husband two weeks later, so I know the depths of despair. It s good you reached out here for help cause people here are so knowledgeable and eager to see you get better.

Here is my thread on my chemical sensitivity. I also had histamine intolerance too for many years so I could not eat anything without a variety of reactions for awhile, and my sleep was affected too from the histamines. I had a big dirty snowball going on for a longtime. You are gonna have to start somewhere, so start reading through threads I linked below and pick something you can commit to to start digging yourself out of your hole. Ask lots of questions too. We are all here to support you in any way we can.
I also sympathize with everything you have been through. And yes the depression is very hard to deal with. I also was taking care of my Mom who had Cancer at the time when I breathed in the metal dust. My mom told me not to do the job where I breathed in the metal dust. She was a very wise lady and if I had listened to her all the time I would be much better off. She always knew what was best for me. I lost her about 5 months after that metal thing happened. I am very sorry for your losses also.

I have all the similair issues that you are talking about. It also caused me to have acid reflux and gerd which I take Pantoprozole for 40 mgs 2 times a day. Im also tapering off of librium which I have been on for years. Im still on 9 mgs 3 times a day. You are a very kind Lady to share your story with me and to send me the posts to help. Thank you so much for your help! Many Blessings and best of health to you!

I also sympathize with everything you have been through. And yes the depression is very hard to deal with. I also was taking care of my Mom who had Cancer at the time when I breathed in the metal dust. My mom told me not to do the job where I breathed in the metal dust. She was a very wise lady and if I had listened to her all the time I would be much better off. She always knew what was best for me. I lost her about 5 months after that metal thing happened. I am very sorry for your losses also.

I have all the similair issues that you are talking about. It also caused me to have acid reflux and gerd which I take Pantoprozole for 40 mgs 2 times a day. Im also tapering off of librium which I have been on for years. Im still on 9 mgs 3 times a day. You are a very kind Lady to share your story with me and to send me the posts to help. Thank you so much for your help! Many Blessings and best of health to you!
Thank you Rescue for your kind words. Please don’t think that anything going on with you equals forever to have bad health. I have had many reasons to feel that I should be destined to be unlucky in health, but I have kept positive and never stopped trying to do better. Yesterday I wrote, in another thread, the bit below, and it think you should take hold of a hand and start climbing out of your hole with determination optimism….

“The Ray Peat quote below, and above, made me reflect on a couple of my own experiences, which surely should have had me plagued with cancer. My mother took DES when she was pregnant with me, which should have been a cancer death sentences in itself. My father would later tell how scared he was that I was gonna die early, like other children my age were at that time from DES exposure. He told me my diet was priority for him, those first 7 years of my life, making his own ice cream and yogurt, feeding us liver and shellfish, raw honey, fruit, eggs and lots of milk. We were never sick a day in our lives until my parents divorced, until he was out of the house my mother neglected to feed us right, or feed us at all. I had to pick up the pieces and feed my brother and I at an early age. So then and there my health problems started.

I also almost died from carbon monoxide poisoning. I was in the hull a boat when my father opened the engine compartment to troubleshoot a problem, and not thinking, he left it open and I went unconscious breathing the fumes. My brother saw my body flopping around in a seizure and the coast guard came and took me to shore unconscious. Because my father fed me in my early years so very “Peaty” and because I am back on the “Peaty” track again, this past 6 years, my health is the best it has ever been, at 59 years old. I want to say, let not the fear of cancer or anything else defeat our fortitude to find energy. There is nothing to fear, but fear itself. Many times I have thought I may have cancer, and I may have, but I keep doing the right thing by myself, and make wise food choices, make my sleep important, find enrichment in everyday, which does not include the television, I move around a lot, reach out to others a lot, laugh a lot and be thankful for my place in this word and not complain about the bad that always seems to come my way.

I have a friend who has been in stage four ,bone and breast, cancer since March of 2020, she has lost her hair and teeth, and is the happiest person I know. She crochets blankets for those she loves, eight of them now since her diagnosis, and I am lucky to have one made by her just for me. I think her giving spirit and all of her laughter has extended her life and the quality of it. Attitude is everything, and diet really matters too. She makes smoothies now with wheat grass, berries, yogurt and she feels it has made a big difference too. A wise friend on the forum said to me recently, and it is true, that character is not apparent through good times, but rather how one presents themselves in bad times. Our brain listens to our words and so does everyone else. Those words can sooth, encourage or destroy, ourselves as well as others. Who knows what I am gonna die of, but whatever it is I hope I am like one of those men who played music to the very end, as the Titanic gave itself up to the sea.

“One of the "field" effects of cancer is the stimulation of new blood vessel development, angiogenesis. Lactic acid stimulates the formation of new blood vessels, the secretion of collagen, and tumor growth. Low oxygen, nitric oxide, carbon monoxide, prostaglandins and other products of tissue stress can stimulate the growth of new blood vessels, at the same time that they stimulate tumor growth and impair oxidative metabolism. Several of these agents promote each other's activity.” -Ray Peat”

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

Thank you Rescue for your kind words. Please don’t think that anything going on with you equals forever to have bad health. I have had many reasons to feel that I should be destined to be unlucky in health, but I have kept positive and never stopped trying to do better. Yesterday I wrote, in another thread, the bit below, and it think you should take hold of a hand and start climbing out of your hole with determination optimism….

“The Ray Peat quote below, and above, made me reflect on a couple of my own experiences, which surely should have had me plagued with cancer. My mother took DES when she was pregnant with me, which should have been a cancer death sentences in itself. My father would later tell how scared he was that I was gonna die early, like other children my age were at that time from DES exposure. He told me my diet was priority for him, those first 7 years of my life, making his own ice cream and yogurt, feeding us liver and shellfish, raw honey, fruit, eggs and lots of milk. We were never sick a day in our lives until my parents divorced, until he was out of the house my mother neglected to feed us right, or feed us at all. I had to pick up the pieces and feed my brother and I at an early age. So then and there my health problems started.

I also almost died from carbon monoxide poisoning. I was in the hull a boat when my father opened the engine compartment to troubleshoot a problem, and not thinking, he left it open and I went unconscious breathing the fumes. My brother saw my body flopping around in a seizure and the coast guard came and took me to shore unconscious. Because my father fed me in my early years so very “Peaty” and because I am back on the “Peaty” track again, this past 6 years, my health is the best it has ever been, at 59 years old. I want to say, let not the fear of cancer or anything else defeat our fortitude to find energy. There is nothing to fear, but fear itself. Many times I have thought I may have cancer, and I may have, but I keep doing the right thing by myself, and make wise food choices, make my sleep important, find enrichment in everyday, which does not include the television, I move around a lot, reach out to others a lot, laugh a lot and be thankful for my place in this word and not complain about the bad that always seems to come my way.

I have a friend who has been in stage four ,bone and breast, cancer since March of 2020, she has lost her hair and teeth, and is the happiest person I know. She crochets blankets for those she loves, eight of them now since her diagnosis, and I am lucky to have one made by her just for me. I think her giving spirit and all of her laughter has extended her life and the quality of it. Attitude is everything, and diet really matters too. She makes smoothies now with wheat grass, berries, yogurt and she feels it has made a big difference too. A wise friend on the forum said to me recently, and it is true, that character is not apparent through good times, but rather how one presents themselves in bad times. Our brain listens to our words and so does everyone else. Those words can sooth, encourage or destroy, ourselves as well as others. Who knows what I am gonna die of, but whatever it is I hope I am like one of those men who played music to the very end, as the Titanic gave itself up to the sea.

“One of the "field" effects of cancer is the stimulation of new blood vessel development, angiogenesis. Lactic acid stimulates the formation of new blood vessels, the secretion of collagen, and tumor growth. Low oxygen, nitric oxide, carbon monoxide, prostaglandins and other products of tissue stress can stimulate the growth of new blood vessels, at the same time that they stimulate tumor growth and impair oxidative metabolism. Several of these agents promote each other's activity.” -Ray Peat”
Thank you again Rinse sounds funny to call you that lol. for your words of inspiration. My diet is not the greatest anymore your Dad sounds like a great guy. You sound like an amazing lady also. I have always tried to keep active and laugh a lot like you are saying. I was always the fun one in the group I would bring my music and tambourine and maracas even on the golf course. We would sing and dance and have a good time. I want that part of me back so bad. So true what you are saying about our words. One good thing that has happened through all of this that I have been going through is that I have started reading the Bible and realized how many mistakes I could have saved making, from the wisdom in the Bible. Like you are saying the power of life and death is in the tongue. I love your attitude Rinse. God asked King Solomon who had everything that this world had to offer and he asked for wisdom. I would say that you are a very wise lady. I am glad that your health is doing well now. I am going to have to look at what the peaty diet looks like. All you are saying is the truth. I want to get the fun part of me back but I could for sure use more wisdom to make better decisions. Its a pleasure to meet you on here. Continued best of health to you.

HeyThere

If I may interject.. make sure your kidneys and liver are in good working order. All that stress is a burden to them functioning properly. I'm living the same life as you are, but have good stretches along with the horrible ones.

Look into vitamins and minerals. They are depleted severely with stress, esp ongoing stress.

Thank you again Rinse sounds funny to call you that lol. for your words of inspiration. My diet is not the greatest anymore your Dad sounds like a great guy. You sound like an amazing lady also. I have always tried to keep active and laugh a lot like you are saying. I was always the fun one in the group I would bring my music and tambourine and maracas even on the golf course. We would sing and dance and have a good time. I want that part of me back so bad. So true what you are saying about our words. One good thing that has happened through all of this that I have been going through is that I have started reading the Bible and realized how many mistakes I could have saved making, from the wisdom in the Bible. Like you are saying the power of life and death is in the tongue. I love your attitude Rinse. God asked King Solomon who had everything that this world had to offer and he asked for wisdom. I would say that you are a very wise lady. I am glad that your health is doing well now. I am going to have to look at what the peaty diet looks like. All you are saying is the truth. I want to get the fun part of me back but I could for sure use more wisdom to make better decisions. Its a pleasure to meet you on here. Continued best of health to you.
What you said about being at this low place you are in has you now seeking wisdom in the Bible helps me to hear that. Though I am not reading my Bible daily, yet, I find myself praying more, so earnestly, that tears come, and God answers my prayers quickly. I don’t pray for what I want, but I pray for small pieces of inspiration, and I am thankful, because no matter who died or what is not going my way i still like being in my shoes. I realized that I don’t want other people’s problems. Mine are hard, but I am acclimated to my own path. We just have to find the reasons we are in the place we are in so we can graduate from that class and go on to the next class. aka problem. If you were just playing music on the golf course all the time still it would have gotten old and you would not have anything more to offer. The periods of struggle and pain are the learning periods and the place to measure how high your highs are. I thought about it the other day how my heart hurts and how I want the hurt to go away and thought, if someone can erase the hurtful portion of my life would I take it? My answer was no. As bad as it all can be the pain shows our depth. You really do need to get your diet in a good place, as it has made ALL the difference in the world for me. You are what you eat. BTW I love that everyone calls me “Rinse”. It is so silly, but it makes me smile.

What you said about being at this low place you are in has you now seeking wisdom in the Bible helps me to hear that. Though I am not reading my Bible daily, yet, I find myself praying more, so earnestly, that tears come, and God answers my prayers quickly. I don’t pray for what I want, but I pray for small pieces of inspiration, and I am thankful, because no matter who died or what is not going my way i still like being in my shoes. I don’t want other oriole’s problems. We just have to find the reasons we are in the place we are in so we can graduate from that class and go on to the next class. aka problem. If you were just playing music on the golf course all the time still it would have gotten old and you would not have anything more to offer. The periods of struggle and pain are the learning periods and the place to measure how high your highs are. I thought about it the other day how my heart hurts and how I want the hurt to go away and thought, if someone can erase the hurtful portion of my life would I take it? My answer was no. As bad as it all can be the pain shows our depth. You really do need to get your diet in a good place, as it has made ALL the difference in the world for me. You are what you eat. BTW I love that everyone call me “Rinse”. It is so silly, but it makes me smile.

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

If I may interject.. make sure your kidneys and liver are in good working order. All that stress is a burden to them functioning properly. I'm living the same life as you are, but have good stretches along with the horrible ones.

Look into vitamins and minerals. They are depleted severely with stress, esp ongoing stress.
Thank you for response HeyThere. Being on benzo mesds and acid reflux meds also mess with your kidneys and Liver and mine have been stressed for many years. I also have some Gall bladder issues now after having an ultra sound . The doctor wants me to have my Gall bladder removed and I really dont feel well enough to go through a surgery. you are right about the vitamins and minerals. My vitamin D was at 8. I am taking vit D for the past 3 months or so and also magnesium probiotics methl folate quercetin omega 3. I am sorry that you are also dealing with health issues. I have more going on besides the MCS

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

What you said about being at this low place you are in has you now seeking wisdom in the Bible helps me to hear that. Though I am not reading my Bible daily, yet, I find myself praying more, so earnestly, that tears come, and God answers my prayers quickly. I don’t pray for what I want, but I pray for small pieces of inspiration, and I am thankful, because no matter who died or what is not going my way i still like being in my shoes. I realized that I don’t want other people’s problems. Mine are hard, but I am acclimated to my own path. We just have to find the reasons we are in the place we are in so we can graduate from that class and go on to the next class. aka problem. If you were just playing music on the golf course all the time still it would have gotten old and you would not have anything more to offer. The periods of struggle and pain are the learning periods and the place to measure how high your highs are. I thought about it the other day how my heart hurts and how I want the hurt to go away and thought, if someone can erase the hurtful portion of my life would I take it? My answer was no. As bad as it all can be the pain shows our depth. You really do need to get your diet in a good place, as it has made ALL the difference in the world for me. You are what you eat. BTW I love that everyone calls me “Rinse”. It is so silly, but it makes me smile.
You are so right Rinse again. I have also gone through many hard times in my life but all the things like golf and music and having fun are alright but we only learn through the hard times. I can be hard headed and only want my own way but that is not what life is about. It is more about serving others and finding purpose in the suffering. I dont read the Bible everyday either but I do listen to a lot of videos. I listened to this one this morning.
View: https://youtu.be/xAS5Od2jOXE?t=14

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

You are so right Rinse again. I have also gone through many hard times in my life but all the things like golf and music and having fun are alright but we only learn through the hard times. I can be hard headed and only want my own way but that is not what life is about. It is more about serving others and finding purpose in the suffering. I dont read the Bible everyday either but I do listen to a lot of videos. I listened to this one this morning. You were talking about your heart hurts and want it to go away. I am in the same place and this video may be of some help.
View: https://youtu.be/xAS5Od2jOXE?t=14

HeyThere

Thank you for response HeyThere. Being on benzo mesds and acid reflux meds also mess with your kidneys and Liver and mine have been stressed for many years. I also have some Gall bladder issues now after having an ultra sound . The doctor wants me to have my Gall bladder removed and I really dont feel well enough to go through a surgery. you are right about the vitamins and minerals. My vitamin D was at 8. I am taking vit D for the past 3 months or so and also magnesium probiotics methl folate quercetin omega 3. I am sorry that you are also dealing with health issues. I have more going on besides the MCS

It took me 30 years to figure out I have issues with Salicylates. My levels get high, so my histamine gets really high in response, then my Nitric Oxide gets really low, which all leave me in a really foggy brain state full of itching, ringing ears, easy bruising, and a fluctuation of sleeping like dead or not sleeping hardly at all.

Your video really spoke to me. Thank you, I needed a lot that was said in it. See now if you weren’t in your low place this would have never have reached me. I always take comfort in knowing that in God’s eyes it doesn’t matter where we have come from it is only where we are at that matters. I like this said in your video, “Keep God first and you will lack for nothing.” I always say that to my boys and to myself, I don’t want what I want, i want what God wants for me, cause he wants the best for me. We have to quit chasing butterflies, and go about our lives doing the best we can in everything, and be joyful when those butterflies land on us. Thanks again for helping me in my moment Rescue!.

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

It took me 30 years to figure out I have issues with Salicylates. My levels get high, so my histamine gets really high in response, then my Nitric Oxide gets really low, which all leave me in a really foggy brain state full of itching, ringing ears, easy bruising, and a fluctuation of sleeping like dead or not sleeping hardly at all.
Thank you HeyThere for your help again. I have all those issues that you are talking about. I dont even know what Salicylattes are. I will have to look it up. So are you also pretty much housebound? I dont really sleep much but I have also felt like I cant wake up. There are so many symtoms from this its hard to even make a list.

OP
Rescue story

Rescue story

Your video really spoke to me. Thank you, I needed a lot that was said in it. See now if you weren’t in your low place this would have never have reached me. I always take comfort in knowing that in God’s eyes it doesn’t matter where we have come from it is only where we are at that matters. I like this said in your video, “Keep God first and you will lack for nothing.” I always say that to my boys and to myself, I don’t want what I want, i want what God wants for me, cause he wants the best for me. We have to quit chasing butterflies, and go about our lives doing the best we can in everything, and be joyful when those butterflies land on us. Thanks again for helping me in my moment Rescue!.
Thank you Rinse for your message. Brought a little tear to my eye that I might be helping you with something. You are right again Rinse. Also you can also thank a friend of mine who made me do this post. And also made sure that I did it right away. I was raised Catholic and was forced to go to Church and Catechism. By 8th grade I didnt have to go as much any more. I didnt really relate to all the Catholic rituals and it seemed like the same thing every week. So I decided that I knew what was best for me. Boy was I wrong. So I never really even opened a Bible until I was sick for a while. Made me see that I was doing things all wrong. I was trying to please everyone and could never say no even though I knew that I should have been saying no to things that were going to hurt me. This verse from Matthew 5:37 spoke to me and could have saved me from making so many mistakes.
Just say a simple, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Anything beyond this is from the evil one.
Love your attitude Rinse!

HeyThere

Thank you HeyThere for your help again. I have all those issues that you are talking about. I dont even know what Salicylattes are. I will have to look it up. So are you also pretty much housebound? I dont really sleep much but I have also felt like I cant wake up. There are so many symtoms from this its hard to even make a list.

Salicylates are in everything. From food to products. The key is to have your kidneys and liver working because that's how you get rid of them.. mainly urination!

I found raising my Nitric Oxide levels instantly, and i mean within seconds, took away a heaviness and tension in the back of my head that was chronic. It lifted. I just took a *miniscule* amount of L-Ornithine once and got my personal AH-HA moment. I also really like taking L-Citrulline to instantly raise the N.O. levels, esp when I'm feeling that "weird way" where I am feeling heavy, out of it, like crying, just a frozen mess. Many things give you an instant N.O. boost, BTW, like honey, one shot of alcohol (too much = less N.O., same with marijuana), strong mints, all sorts o things. But for really raising it, I suggest those amino acids I mentioned above. See if it helps you. You'll notice right away if you're anything like me.

Thank you Rinse for your message. Brought a little tear to my eye that I might be helping you with something. You are right again Rinse. Also you can also thank a friend of mine who made me do this post. And also made sure that I did it right away. I was raised Catholic and was forced to go to Church and Catechism. By 8th grade I didnt have to go as much any more. I didnt really relate to all the Catholic rituals and it seemed like the same thing every week. So I decided that I knew what was best for me. Boy was I wrong. So I never really even opened a Bible until I was sick for a while. Made me see that I was doing things all wrong. I was trying to please everyone and could never say no even though I knew that I should have been saying no to things that were going to hurt me. This verse from Matthew 5:37 spoke to me and could have saved me from making so many mistakes.
Just say a simple, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Anything beyond this is from the evil one.
Love your attitude Rinse!
I was thinking a bit ago about the places you could chose to be in, the one where you were happy entertaining others or the one you are in now, where you are really going deep and finding spiritual things to share, and which one you would truely pick. Getting a glimps of your heart in this thread I really don’t think you would choose to go backwards. You are exactly where you are suppose to be, you just have to keep moving through it to get the other side. Every time I get to other side, looking back, it always all makes sense. We gotta have the will rather than the why while we are in the thick of it.

Advocate2021

Wow i just saw this thread because of the title which is something I too have been baffled by for 30 years. I recently connected my sensitivity to beginning when I was put on estrogen at almost 18. I had always been a very allergic person to pollens, grasses, etc (was on allergy shots for at least 20 plus years starting around 8 years old and sure those were bad too) prior; but I do not recall the chemical sensitivity per se until soon after I started the estrogen treatments i have shared my story prolifically here; but i was blessed to find Dr. Peat and connect with him before i dropped dead from the estrogen at 28 and have had quite the journey. going off estrogen and taking massive amounts of progest-e at that young age did wonders of course and allowed me to finally go through puberty and manage to get unexpectedly pregnant not long therafter. As the years went on and i learned more and more and integrated more and more, generally i became healthier and healthier except for the MCS which is still an issue despite other signs of glowing health apparently. so its stumped me. there is a rewiring the brain (website has that name) that is apparently very effective for this condition based upon limbic system impairment- may try that next.. i ended up trying hypnosis as Dr. Peat thought that made more sense hen i asked him about hypnosis vs. the retraining the brain program. while it was beneficial, it did not help with the MCS.

my latest trial is using PEA (you can find out about it here on the forum), as my latest hypothesis based upon my correlation of the pharmaceutical estrogen dosing to the beginning of the MCS for me is that after such prolonged estrogen poisoning (12 years), my body developed a hypersensitivity to anything estrogenic which all chemicals basically are. i also feel that some sort of pattern got programmed into my organism to put out estrogen surges, mimicking the synthetic surges imposed upon it those 12 years. The PEA seems to address this paradigm so been trying it for about 2 weeks now i think and have had quite pronounced responses to it depending on where i am in my cycle when i take it which is interesting, making me think it does have some mechanism whereby it interacts with estrogen in a positive way. Since almost all of these toxins are estrogenic i believe and you are equating your onset to an extreme exposure to the metallic dust, perhaps the PEA is something to look into. too early for me to tell you if its getting rid of my MCS; but its definitely doing something per my threads here on the subject.

On a more spiritual note, although its nuisance and sucks as i do suffer a lot, I go on with my life and consider myself healthy and unusually youthful at 52. I am the fittest and healthiest ive ever been and have kept myself quite young. Been training for 30 years, very strong and am a practicing attorney currently on the frontlines of the health and freedom fight for humanity. I do have reactions but i just try to focus on all the signs of health i do have and i feel that keeps me very engaged and active. Sharing this because perhaps if you jump start yourself to be more active and engaged it will help and you will feel better and happier as you continue to try to figure out the MCS. That about sums up my last 30 years lol.

Advocate2021

Wow i just saw this thread because of the title which is something I too have been baffled by for 30 years. I recently connected my sensitivity to beginning when I was put on estrogen at almost 18. I had always been a very allergic person to pollens, grasses, etc (was on allergy shots for at least 20 plus years starting around 8 years old and sure those were bad too) prior; but I do not recall the chemical sensitivity per se until soon after I started the estrogen treatments i have shared my story prolifically here; but i was blessed to find Dr. Peat and connect with him before i dropped dead from the estrogen at 28 and have had quite the journey. going off estrogen and taking massive amounts of progest-e at that young age did wonders of course and allowed me to finally go through puberty and manage to get unexpectedly pregnant not long therafter. As the years went on and i learned more and more and integrated more and more, generally i became healthier and healthier except for the MCS which is still an issue despite other signs of glowing health apparently. so its stumped me. there is a rewiring the brain (website has that name) that is apparently very effective for this condition based upon limbic system impairment- may try that next.. i ended up trying hypnosis as Dr. Peat thought that made more sense hen i asked him about hypnosis vs. the retraining the brain program. while it was beneficial, it did not help with the MCS.

my latest trial is using PEA (you can find out about it here on the forum), as my latest hypothesis based upon my correlation of the pharmaceutical estrogen dosing to the beginning of the MCS for me is that after such prolonged estrogen poisoning (12 years), my body developed a hypersensitivity to anything estrogenic which all chemicals basically are. i also feel that some sort of pattern got programmed into my organism to put out estrogen surges, mimicking the synthetic surges imposed upon it those 12 years. The PEA seems to address this paradigm so been trying it for about 2 weeks now i think and have had quite pronounced responses to it depending on where i am in my cycle when i take it which is interesting, making me think it does have some mechanism whereby it interacts with estrogen in a positive way. Since almost all of these toxins are estrogenic i believe and you are equating your onset to an extreme exposure to the metallic dust, perhaps the PEA is something to look into. too early for me to tell you if its getting rid of my MCS; but its definitely doing something per my threads here on the subject.

On a more spiritual note, although its nuisance and sucks as i do suffer a lot, I go on with my life and consider myself healthy and unusually youthful at 52. I am the fittest and healthiest ive ever been and have kept myself quite young. Been training for 30 years, very strong and am a practicing attorney currently on the frontlines of the health and freedom fight for humanity. I do have reactions but i just try to focus on all the signs of health i do have and i feel that keeps me very engaged and active. Sharing this because perhaps if you jump start yourself to be more active and engaged it will help and you will feel better and happier as you continue to try to figure out the MCS. That about sums up my last 30 years lol.
Oh also, on a thread of mine where i asked for help on this same issue, a member reported that supplementing riboflavin made a huge difference for her chemical sensitivity- like almost cured it. so, im about to try that- got the cleanest one i could find. i know many here dont like supplements but if it works find with me. she mentioned just taking 20 mg although most capsules contain 100 but could open them and just take some of the capsule. ill update on that then i try. it.

mostlylurking

I have this chemical sensitivity where I cant be around any kind of smells like perfume cologne even scented laundry detergent.
I went through that too. For years. But I'm much better now. I've read through your posts on this thread and I'd like to provide some insight for you to consider.

Chemical sensitivities happen when your body has an overload of toxins. Sometimes things happen that block your body's detox capabilities. The first time this happened to me (1993) to the extent that I could no longer function at all my husband packed me up and delivered me to an orthomolecular physician who specialized in detoxing people. That doctor saved my life.

My primary problem was heavy metals toxicity with a big dollop of organo-phosphate insecticide poisoning on top. Heavy metals poisoning keep your body's detox apparatus from working. The doctor prescribed massive amounts of vitamins and chelated me with EDTA IVs to remove the heavy metals, including lead.

As I look back on this experience now I am struck by the fact that the other 24 people who worked in the same building where the organo-phosphate insecticide exposure happened did not get sick. I'm the only one who almost got slammed into my grave. I think this was because I already was compromised via my heavy metals body load, which included lead.

Lead has an affinity for sulfur; the thiamine molecule has a sulfur component. Lead will chemically attach to the sulfur and rip the thiamine molecule apart which makes it unusable for the body. So lead poisoning will cause a thiamine deficiency. Thiamine is required to maintain the integrity of the blood/brain barrier. If the blood/brain barrier becomes compromised, things get into the brain that wreak havoc. I think that this is a big reason for multiple chemical sensitivities. I have found that supplementing with high dose thiamine hcl has massively resolved my problems.

I also was an athlete all of my life played all kinds of sports worked out and always tried to eat healthy and keep my body in shape.
Being an athlete uses up vitamins at a higher rate which makes athletes more susceptible to substances (like vaccines) that block thiamine function.
"One of the puzzles that the mothers have discussed is that the vaccination seems to pick off the brightest and the best students who are usually also excellent athletes."
It all started back in oct of 2015. I was just doing a favor for a friend and ended up cutting some metal screws and breathed in the metal dust.
Breathing in heavy metal dust is a most efficient way to get heavy metal poisoning. Thiamine supplementation can help. The symptoms of lead poisoning exactly match thiamine deficiency (because lead uses up the available thiamine) and supplementing with thiamine can resolve those symptoms.
It also caused me to have acid reflux and gerd
We would sing and dance and have a good time. I want that part of me back so bad.
Hold onto that image. It will give you a goal to work toward.
I am going to have to look at what the peaty diet looks like.
The best way to do this is to read Ray Peat's articles and listen to his radio shows.
Here is a search engine to use to search Peat's articles. I've found it best to get Ray's wisdom directly from him.
Here is a search engine to use to search the audio shows.
Here is a collection of Ray Peat oriented links.
Being on benzo mesds and acid reflux meds also mess with your kidneys and Liver and mine have been stressed for many years.
All of the body's organs, every cell in the body rely on cellular energy, ATP to function. ATP is made in the mitochondria via oxidative metabolism which must have thyroid hormone and thiamine to work. Focusing on these two things, thyroid function and thiamine would be helpful.
So I never really even opened a Bible until I was sick for a while.
A profound and universal truth. Life's difficulties brings us back to the Father.

Gods embroidery.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals