Moving To The Tropics

skycop00

I get it. I went Peat 3 months ago and now I'm battling double triglycerides, and new high cholesterol. So I have some work to do....

OP
John Frusciante
Pyrenees would be very cold, with possibly bad access to tropical fruit, and short days during winter. Not really for me :(
If something, I'd look for some mountains in Southern Spain; lots of cherimoyas and oranges there, also. And more moderate temperatures. Or Canary Islands, for example!

Got some nice choices there. I am in SW Florida where the soil is awful, but lots of SUN. I would love to find a low crime area at higher altitude with lots of sun. The girlfriend...well...she would need some convincing!!!

I think Florida has good frewt, in the southern part, many tropical crops are settled there. But yeah, it's flat. High temperatures at low altitude, and high humidity, can be harmful in my experience... so at the tropics altitude is preferable.

I just left South Florida. I refrained from eating a single mango, papaya, starfruit, or banana out of my backyard for 5 years because I thought sugar was bad. Doh! I learned about Peat theories and got 1 solid mango season in before I departed.

For some reason, the sun and heat did not warm my body temps/rev my thyroid at all.

South Florida isn't ideal environmentally wise; high humidity with very hot temperatures can cause problems. And avoiding fruit and sugars of course did not help I guess

I don't think you can have "warm" at the altitude required for benefits, apart from one or two spots on Earth.

I will move there maybe next year :).

Let us know!!

Lecarpetron

Hmm...tropics + altitude. How about Guatemala? Definitely places with altitude, and IIRC the vegetation looks tropical so fruit might be good. Cheaper than Costa Rica.

OP
John Frusciante
At 1800-2000 meters, that is very good for the benefits mentioned by Ray Peat, you can have moderate/mild temperatures, with an average of 18° year round.
I don't think the environmental heat itself is beneficial.
Guatemala (along with Nicaragua, El Salvador, etc.) is too dangerous, unfortunately.

skycop00

At 1800-2000 meters, that is very good for the benefits mentioned by Ray Peat, you can have moderate/mild temperatures, with an average of 18° year round.
I don't think the environmental heat itself is beneficial.
Guatemala (along with Nicaragua, El Salvador, etc.) is too dangerous, unfortunately.
You got that right...very dangerous

zooma

So do you think Mexico or Ecuador are the best options? Did you look at anywhere in Europe?

skycop00

So do you think Mexico or Ecuador are the best options? Did you look at anywhere in Europe?
Europe is not the Europe of old anymore. Protect your wives and daughters. Friends in Germany are coming home due to the INVASION

OP
John Frusciante
Well, while I agree that there's something wrong happening in Europe right now, I already disregarded it as an ideal place for health previously, for other reasons. The only place I'm seriously considering is Canary Islands, that compared to Mexico also has a first world appearance, much less crime, etc. Will probably try it out before giving a try to latin america.

skycop00

Well, while I agree that there's something wrong happening in Europe right now, I already disregarded it as an ideal place for health previously, for other reasons. The only place I'm seriously considering is Canary Islands, that compared to Mexico also has a first world appearance, much less crime, etc. Will probably try it out before giving a try to latin america.
Wow, the Canary Islands. Please report back!!!

Parsifal

Pyrenees would be very cold, with possibly bad access to tropical fruit, and short days during winter. Not really for me :(
If something, I'd look for some mountains in Southern Spain; lots of cherimoyas and oranges there, also. And more moderate temperatures. Or Canary Islands, for example!

I think Florida has good frewt, in the southern part, many tropical crops are settled there. But yeah, it's flat. High temperatures at low altitude, and high humidity, can be harmful in my experience... so at the tropics altitude is preferable.

South Florida isn't ideal environmentally wise; high humidity with very hot temperatures can cause problems. And avoiding fruit and sugars of course did not help I guess
Yeah, maybe the coldness but you can still order tropical fruits on orkos.com even if that's expensive :ss2.

Are there mountains in Portugal or Spain? I think that Peat said that a good altitude would be at least 1000 meters?

If you still hold some of the political views that you shared on the old peatarian forum a year ago then that may affect your interaction with local peoples of other countries. When you're there, you're a guest and it's not good to get any of them to not like you. The most important things are safety, cheapness, access to fruit and ability to make money. Altitude is not easy to find. Even if you lived up a mountain, you'd still have to come down everyday to work and get food so it defeats the purpose of trying to maintain a high c02. The only way to do that would be to live in a completely high altitude place where you never come down to sea level because everything in high.

All of these people have good videos and offer coaching:

Alabama fruitarian in Costa Rica: Jack Albritton

Canadian fruitarian in Chiang Mai: Fruit Living

Norwegian brothers who are traveling fruitarians: Sweet Natural Living

Makrosky

I don't get this. So you are moving basically because you want fruit+sun ?

Or is it because you want to explore the world ? Otherwise I don't understand.

Parsifal

I don't get this. So you are moving basically because you want fruit+sun ?

Or is it because you want to explore the world ? Otherwise I don't understand.
I've noticed that the global atmosphere in sunny places is really different. People are way more relaxed and happier so it is really better to be in this kind of place.

Greg says

what about an income and the legality (visas) for living in these tropical countries?

There's no daylight difference between middle and south spain lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals