APNews: Amid COVID-19 pandemic, flu has disappeared in the US

YamnayaMommy

Flu is just a general term for various symptoms. What's your evidence that all flu cases are caused by a virus? Very few flu tests are done to determine if each flu patient has flu virus.
I evaluate claims made by medical authorities by stacking them up against my experience.

my point was that I have no trouble believing medical news that flu is down while covid is up because I have had the experience, in real life, not on the internet, of seeing that many people I know, including me and my family, have gotten covid (headache and loss of smell), but the flu has vanished.

normally this time of year we have a ton of flu cases. Within our family and in the many families with young children we know. But this year, none.

so that’s my evidence supporting the news cycle. I see covid spreading in my community, but zero flu, and this is noticeably different than previous years

YamnayaMommy

I evaluate claims made by medical authorities by stacking them up against my experience.

my point was that I have no trouble believing medical news that flu is down while covid is up because I have had the experience, in real life, not on the internet, of seeing that many people I know, including me and my family, have gotten covid (headache and loss of smell), but the flu has vanished.

normally this time of year we have a ton of flu cases. Within our family and in the many families with young children we know. But this year, none.

so that’s my evidence supporting the news cycle. I see covid spreading in my community, but zero flu, and this is noticeably different than previous years
Do you know anyone who has had the flu this year?

YamnayaMommy

Also I have no idea what people mean when they say the flu is just endotoxin and imply that there’s not a disease vector. These people obviously don’t have little kids who catch colds and flus at school and bring them home.

gaze

Also I have no idea what people mean when they say the flu is just endotoxin and imply that there’s not a disease vector. These people obviously don’t have little kids who catch colds and flus at school and bring them home.
i think they mean the symptoms associated with colds and flus are caused by endotoxin. the viral part can cause inflammatory signals which increase endotoxin release and absorbtion in the gut. in this sense the best way to tackle the cold when symptoms are present is endotoxin lowering protocols

Perry Staltic

The past year with its lockdowns, stay-at-home orders, etc was nothing like earlier times. The terrain has changed, so a comparison like that is basically meaningless.

tankasnowgod

I'm the one who posted the "endotoxin" link, so you could have directly asked me.

Why would you think that implies there is no "disease vector?" You know what produces endotoxin? Bacteria! So why would that imply that there is no "disease vector," or that you couldn't catch a cold from someone else?

Here's a direct quote from the Rappoport article I linked-

Actually, most flu cases are “bacteria cases,” “fungal cases,” or “pollution cases,” or “tainted food” cases, or “eating GMO cases,” or “weak immune system” cases, or something else. But they aren’t the flu.

Look at that, three potential disease vectors right there. Although the quote clearly suggests that a cold or flu could be possible without any sort of microbial agent.

Perry Staltic

Flu is a catchall for feeling sick. I just had the "flu" because that's what it felt like, but it was from too much iodine. Anyone who felt what I felt would have assumed they had the flu.

tankasnowgod

Personally, I can't remember anyone I know ever having the flu. Plenty of colds, however. Maybe that's just more terminology than anything else.

I've heard of a lot less colds this year, but then again, I've seen a lot fewer people this year (thanks to working from home and such), so that can easily be a smaller sample size.

Ami

Covid symptoms are non-specific and occur in other illnesses.
My kids, who tested positive, had zero symptoms. They always have symptoms with normal colds and flus.

I woke up on Halloween morning with distinctive muscle pains around my upper back, and felt kinda of crummy and developed a cough. I’ve never had muscle pains like that before.

my husband, sisters, their husbands, my parents, and my 90yo granny all lost their sense of smell. Never happened before.

Cases were all mild, totally unserious.

for me and my family, the covid symptoms were clearly distinguishable from symptoms of other illnesses we’ve had.
How often do you test your kids for the flu when then show zero symptoms?

mrchibbs

This is possibly the most important element. The "pandemic" state is maintained by sheeps going to get tested daily, and hospitals linking nearly every death to covid-19

If people stopped getting tested, there would be nothing to report, essentially everywhere in the world since the spring, the hospitals are not even close to be filled.

mrchibbs

@tankasnowgod

Thanks for your posts, they're really consistently good and insightful!

YamnayaMommy

I’ve never had them tested for the flu even when we knew they had it.

I’m not sure what your point is. I can tell when my kid has the flu because they have fever and aches and are super low energy for a couple days, and because every kid at school has something similar. That kind of flu, the kind that hits kids really hard, is CLEARLY not spreading this season.

By contrast, families know they have covid and not the normal flu because, unlike normal flu, the kids are totally fine even thought they test positive, while the adults have headaches and can’t smell poopy diapers for a week.

YamnayaMommy

Flu is a catchall for feeling sick. I just had the "flu" because that's what it felt like, but it was from too much iodine. Anyone who felt what I felt would have assumed they had the flu.
That’s not what most people mean by flu. They means the virus that spreads seasonally, is contagious, and is the bane of families with young children. You catch the flu from someone.

YamnayaMommy

I'm the one who posted the "endotoxin" link, so you could have directly asked me.

Why would you think that implies there is no "disease vector?" You know what produces endotoxin? Bacteria! So why would that imply that there is no "disease vector," or that you couldn't catch a cold from someone else?

Here's a direct quote from the Rappoport article I linked-

Look at that, three potential disease vectors right there. Although the quote clearly suggests that a cold or flu could be possible without any sort of microbial agent.
Sorry I was typing that on my phone while multi tasking and not really paying attention.
I mean the flu virus that is spread from person to person. Sometimes I get the impression that people here don’t believe in contagious diseases. Am I mistaken?

maybe the point is that healthy people exposed to virus won’t have endotoxin problem.

if that is the argument, then you have to say that children are categorically unhealthy because they get the worst cold and flu symptoms

tankasnowgod

I’ve never had them tested for the flu even when we knew they had it.
Wait, how do you detect the very specific "Flu Virus" when you don't have them tested?
I’m not sure what your point is. I can tell when my kid has the flu because they have fever and aches and are super low energy for a couple days, and because every kid at school has something similar. That kind of flu, the kind that hits kids really hard, is CLEARLY not spreading this season.
Well, I see that you can clearly tell they have "Flu Like Symptoms," and I certainly wouldn't dispute that. But how do you know which specific virus it is, and that it wasn't bad food or some sort of chemical, or some sort of bacteria, or some sort of fungus, or multiple causes at once?
By contrast, families know they have covid and not the normal flu because, unlike normal flu, the kids are totally fine even thought they test positive, while the adults have headaches and can’t smell poopy diapers for a week.
Funny, when they started this "Pandemic by Prophecy" in December 2019/January 2020, the fear mongering wasn't about a bunch of people in Wuhan being totally fine with no symptoms. Nor was it having some headaches and possibly loosing their sense of smell for a week. It was supposed to be people collapsing and dying in the streets, and getting severe pneumonia.

How do you know it's the same "novel corona virus?" Did you get it on videotape? Did you compare it to the videotape of the woman catching it from a bat at the Wuhan wet market in December 2019, and say "Yep! That's the same virus I saw attack me!"
That’s not what most people mean by flu. They means the virus that spreads seasonally, is contagious, and is the bane of families with young children. You catch the flu from someone.
There's that word "virus" again, but you didn't test for a virus, and only describe knowing they have they flu by "Flu Like Symptoms," all of which can be caused by a number of things, both microbial and non-microbial.

Again, the quote from the Peter Doshii paper-

[According to CDC statistics], ‘influenza and pneumonia’ took 62,034 lives in 2001—61,777 of which were attributable to pneumonia and 257 to flu, and in only 18 cases was the flu virus positively identified.

So of the 62,034 "Flu deaths" in 2001, only 257 were said to have the flu. And in only 18 of those cases was a flu virus detected. Which means, even limiting the analysis to the lower numbers, in over 90% of cases that have "Flu Like Symptoms," no Flu virus is detected.

So, if over 90% of the flu isn't the flu, then you're very likely incorrect with your assumptions about your kids specifically catching a specific virus based on symptoms alone.

tankasnowgod

I mean the flu virus that is spread from person to person. Sometimes I get the impression that people here don’t believe in contagious diseases. Am I mistaken?

I don't think most things called "The Flu" are caused by a single "flu virus," or a small group of them. And I've quoted the Doshii report a few times as to why. Specifically, the fact that in over 90% of patients with "Flu Like Symptoms," they can't find a "Flu Virus."

If you read what I wrote, I don't know why would you think that I believe that colds and flus can't be spread from person to person. I never made that statement. I suggested bacteria and fungus in addition to viruses as what might cause a cold or "flu." Do you think that people can't spread bacteria or fungi between each other? I do.

My position is that a cold or flu doesn't have "one specific cause," so the idea of looking for a specific "flu virus" is flawed from the start. There may be several viruses or bacteria or fungi or other microbes that can cause a cold or flu. And even then, it is likely through a complex series of mechanisms, and those likely end up with an increase in endotoxin in the blood. Even then, some people will be more resistant to certain microbial attacks more than others (be it through better Vitamin D status, or low serotonin/endotoxin load, or whatever) and won't get sick when exposed to the same pathogen. Also, there are likely factors other than just spreading between people, such as food contamination, or mold in a classroom, or the stress combined with going back to school, or whatever. And also, that colds and flus could be triggered by something other than a microbe, like maybe a chemical. It's also clear that seasons play a huge role, not just in diseases thought to be contagious, so I think warmer weather and longer days strengthen everyone's immunity.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

Could have something to do with an environmental factor at school (recently sprayed for bugs, contaminated food in school lunch, seasonal change/maintenance to HVAC system, etc.). Not at school this year. See the pattern?

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

That's the whole point. They think infectious when it may not be, and probably isn't, in a lot of cases,

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I don't think most things called "The Flu" are caused by a single "flu virus," or a small group of them. And I've quoted the Doshii report a few times as to why. Specifically, the fact that in over 90% of patients with "Flu Like Symptoms," they can't find a "Flu Virus."
Years ago, when I lived in Germany, I wondered why my uncle would always get ‘the flu’ every winter. I wondered if the virus kind of lives hidden in the body and when the immune system is low or due to low D3, the virus comes ‘back to life’ for a week or so and then the immune system kicks in and the virus goes into hiding again. This happens with the herpes zoster virus, for example. I wonder if there is any merit to that?

tankasnowgod

Years ago, when I lived in Germany, I wondered why my uncle would always get ‘the flu’ every winter. I wondered if the virus kind of lives hidden in the body and when the immune system is low or due to low D3, the virus comes ‘back to life’ for a week or so and then the immune system kicks in and the virus goes into hiding again. This happens with the herpes zoster virus, for example. I wonder if there is any merit to that?

I think there is merit to what you are thinking. I wouldn't limit it to just viruses, though. We pretty much all have some bacteria in and on our bodies, most in the colon. The low temperatures, shorter days, and lower D3 levels might allow endotoxin levels to rise at a certain point, and create flu like symptoms. Whether its viruses or bacteria or some other microbe, the winter conditions could allow for exponential growth, and the onset of the flu.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals