APNews: Amid COVID-19 pandemic, flu has disappeared in the US

LucyL

I didn't believe any of it until i got it too. Again there is a sequence of symptoms that are different than the regular flu. I've got the regular flu right now and it's essentialy like every previous flu experience.

If you're someone who has to feel something to believe it just keep taking care of yourself and look into the Flccca guidelines. I feel fortunate to be alive and my family is well.
So in a year where the flu has disappeared, you caught it. (Not judging, just trying to explore how your experience fits all the disease narratives this year) So a couple questions - did you get a flu test? Is your lifestyle different than it was before 2020? For example, are you socializing like normal, working outside your home? Did you recently change your habits? Where do you live?

mrchibbs

For me, loss of smell from colds/flu was always due to nose congestion. Was that the case for you?
Loss of taste, which seems to be what is reported (see recent post by Cameron), would be entirely different. If someone can't taste sweet, salty, etc after an illness, that's something I've never experienced or heard of prior to 2020.

I must admit I used to get pretty sick every winter, but no it wasn't due to nose congestion as I recall. And I think smell/taste is pretty closely linked and I can definitely remember experiencing nearly all of the supposed covid symptoms.

I live in place where colds/flu are pretty heavy though so maybe that's just my experience.

tankasnowgod

My point was that generations of parents have experiences with illnesses in their children that are most easily explained by what we know as "the flu." You can argue about what causes the flu and what is the appropriate public health response to it. But if you are arguing that the flu is not a contagious disease, then your argument is contradicted by the commonly observed phenomenon of school-aged kids getting flu symptoms every January and February (except in 2021) and seemingly infecting their families at home.
Go re-read what I wrote. I never stated that colds or flus aren't contagious. I simply disputed the idea that they are all caused by flu viruses. And suggested that some might not be caused by any sort of germ or microbe at all.
Yes, I know that "virus" and "microbe" refer to different things; I meant that if it were discovered that the disease that we call "the flu" was actually caused by a microbe rather than a virus, it wouldn't change my perception of it as a communicable disease.
Your lack of understanding what a virus is is what leads you to think I am making arguments that I am not making. I think what is called "the flu" is caused by many things, possibly thousands/millions/billions of viruses, thousands/millions/billions of different types of bacteria, thousands/millions/billions of fungi, and so on, and also included causes that may not have anything to do with these things. If it's an increase in serum endotoxin (or a triggering of something like the TLR4 receptor), that could explain how a very wide variety of germs and chemicals, and ever some types of stress, could produce similar symptoms.
I haven't known anyone to lose their sense of smell when sick before. And your suggestion that masks are inducing anosmia in people strikes me as absurd; do you have any evidence of it? But, to answer your question, several of my family members who lost their senses of smell have not worn masks because they were skeptics from the start and live in a rural area that has not been compliant with mask mandates. My husband (also a covid skeptic) said he could feel the infection moving to different regions in his body, and having it settle for a while in his eyes, brain, and nose. His eyeballs hurt. I didn't have that; for me, it was mostly chest muscle aches and lung irritation. We don't wear masks unless we're in an enclosed public space (per state mandate), which is not very often. My kid does wear a mask at school, and she didn't have anosmia (or any symptoms) although she tested positive for the virus at the same time I did.
So the suggesting of a mask collecting bacteria and water vapor from exhaled breath and leading to a nasal infection in people who started wearing them for 40, 50, 60 hours a week or more for months on end is absurd....... but the idea that some Chinese Researchers found a "novel corona virus" in the very first patient after eating a bat back in December of 2019 isn't?

Do I have proof? No. But no one has proof that the "novel corona virus" wasn't circulating in the human population for months, years, or decades before it was discovered, if it was a legitimate discovery in the first place. In fact, the PCR tests that people are using to identify the presence of this "virus" have detected it in sewage samples dating back to at least March 2019. So, the best tests available indicate it was circulating in the human population at least 8 months before "discovery."

You also don't have any proof that your sickness or your husbands was caused by that particular "novel corona virus," either. Because none of the tests test for ANY sort of virus. The PCR tests are surrogate tests, and their problems have been well documented on this forum and several other places. This includes statements from the inventor of the PCR test, Kary Mullis.

Also, I didn't suggest that wearing a mask was the only way to get anosmia. In case you forgot, The Mayo Clinic lists over 30 conditions that can cause anosmia, and all of them existed before December 1st, 2019-

Problems with the inner lining of your nose​

Conditions that cause temporary irritation or congestion inside your nose may include:

1. Acute sinusitis (nasal and sinus infection)
  2. Common cold
  3. Hay fever (allergic rhinitis)
  4. Influenza (flu)
  5. Nonallergic rhinitis (chronic congestion or sneezing not related to allergies)
  6. Smoking

Obstructions of your nasal passages​

Conditions or obstructions that block the flow of air through your nose can include:

1. Deviated septum
  2. Nasal polyps
  3. Tumors

Damage to your brain or nerves​

Nerves leading to the area of the brain that detects smell or the brain itself can be damaged or deteriorate due to:

1. Aging
  2. Alzheimer's disease
  3. Brain aneurysm (a bulge in an artery in your brain)
  4. Brain surgery
  5. Brain tumor
  6. Diabetes
  7. Exposure to chemicals in certain insecticides or solvents
  8. Huntington's disease
  9. Kallmann's syndrome (a rare genetic condition)
  10. Klinefelter syndrome (a rare condition in which males have an extra X chromosome in most of their cells)
  11. Korsakoff's psychosis (a brain disorder caused by the lack of thiamin)
  12. Poor nutrition
  13. Medications (for example, some high blood pressure medications, antibiotics and antihistamines)
  14. Multiple sclerosis
  15. Paget's disease of bone (a disease that affects your bones, sometimes facial ones)
  16. Parkinson's disease
  17. Niemann-Pick (Pick's disease, a form of dementia)
  18. Radiation therapy
  19. Rhinoplasty
  20. Schizophrenia
  21. Sjogren's syndrome (an inflammatory disease that generally causes dry mouth and eyes)
  22. Traumatic brain injury
  23. Zinc deficiency
  24. Zinc-containing nasal sprays (taken off the market in 2009)

Beyond just the idea that a mask could cause a nasal infection or irritation, there are other things that people have done at an increased rate that could also cause this. Like using higher amounts of disinfectants and cleaning products. How many people have basically been huffing Lysol all of 2020? Even the Mayo Clinic lists "Exposure to chemicals in certain insecticides or solvents" as a possible cause. That could have been enough to trigger anosmia in some.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

How can you be positive it was "Covid"?

People don't pay attention to it when they have the flu, but it robs you of your smell and taste most the time too.

What happened is that most people where under tremendous work pressure and stress.

As soon as the global lockdown was put in place in march 2020, most people suddenly slept more and relieved the pressure.

The body now had all the leisure and ressources to put the detox processes in place, hence the people feeling off.

For the 100th time, virus are not contagious

I totally agree with you. Nearly every time I got sick was when I was overworked/not eating enough/sleeping well. I am a heavy sleeper and in the past few years I've been working on my own terms and I haven't really ever got sick from ''the flu'', despite experiencing other respiratory distress. This year with the lockdown, people get plenty of food, and sleep and this is a big factor into not getting sick.

Perry Staltic

I wonder how many people with nothing but time to kill during the lockdown lost their sense of smell from snorting drugs

tankasnowgod

I totally agree with you. Nearly every time I got sick was when I was overworked/not eating enough/sleeping well. I am a heavy sleeper and in the past few years I've been working on my own terms and I haven't really ever got sick from ''the flu'', despite experiencing other respiratory distress. This year with the lockdown, people get plenty of food, and sleep and this is a big factor into not getting sick.

One thing I noticed in my adult life was that a cold often followed some sort of dietary change, like giving up alcohol for dry January, going paleo, lower carb, higher carb, or whatever. I would frequently get a cold about a week afterwards.

I also noticed a significant gain of weight after getting switched to an early morning shift, and also when moving to a city with lower altitude.

I haven't been sick at all since February of last year. Although over the summer, I did started doing several things to lower/antagonize serotonin and endotoxin, including using cyproheptadine, progesterone, a higher vitamin D dose, and a no starch diet.

Fred

The symptoms of "covid" are officially the same as the flu. From WHO: "COVID-19 and influenza viruses have a similar disease presentation". The only difference is, people were aggressively treated with dangerous drugs and ventilators for covid (and vents killed 90% - Bloomberg news) leading to deadly outcomes.
And there are no symptoms unique to covid. From "Diagnosing COVID-19: The Disease and Tools for Detection" - "The symptoms expressed by COVID-19 patients are nonspecific and cannot be used for an accurate diagnosis." If there were unique symptoms, you could diagnose covid by symptoms and then you could use that diagnosis test the accuracy of the PCR test. And the creators of the fake disease obviously don't want that, so rest assured, there will NEVER be any official method of diagnosing covid by symptoms.

AndrewGesell

So in a year where the flu has disappeared, you caught it. (Not judging, just trying to explore how your experience fits all the disease narratives this year) So a couple questions - did you get a flu test? Is your lifestyle different than it was before 2020? For example, are you socializing like normal, working outside your home? Did you recently change your habits? Where do you live?
So I either got it from a date or out dancing - everyone there got it. Tested Negative on the swab about what, 9th day of infection? AZ. I’m back to being full social now, dating and all.

AndrewGesell

The symptoms of "covid" are officially the same as the flu. From WHO: "COVID-19 and influenza viruses have a similar disease presentation". The only difference is, people were aggressively treated with dangerous drugs and ventilators for covid (and vents killed 90% - Bloomberg news) leading to deadly outcomes.
And there are no symptoms unique to covid. From "Diagnosing COVID-19: The Disease and Tools for Detection" - "The symptoms expressed by COVID-19 patients are nonspecific and cannot be used for an accurate diagnosis." If there were unique symptoms, you could diagnose covid by symptoms and then you could use that diagnosis test the accuracy of the PCR test. And the creators of the fake disease obviously don't want that, so rest assured, there will NEVER be any official method of diagnosing covid by symptoms.
Dude I’ve experienced flu throughout my life and no infection ever felt like that one. It was awful. Have friends and family who who have had it now with consistent experiences - back pain, loss of smell, dizziness. None of them had a traumatic experience so they don’t care as much but I bet you would find consistent answers if pressed that it was not the same as any flu

AndrewGesell

To be honest, I experienced loss of taste/smell and near death experiences from respiratory failure years before covid and I'm still in my (late) 20s. I think it's *probably* confirmation bias in your case. You could be right, I just don't think it's likely.
That sucks, bro. I’m glad you’re still with us. What was the loss of taste/smell like? Could you distinguish it from the flu? Every time I get the flu my taste changes very specifically - it’s like I can taste cookies in the back of my mouth. With Covid the taste/smell changes were profound/disturbing.

What do you do to protect yourself from respiratory failure now? I don’t want to die from that either.

Fred

Dude I’ve experienced flu throughout my life and no infection ever felt like that one. It was awful. Have friends and family who who have had it now with consistent experiences - back pain, loss of smell, dizziness. None of them had a traumatic experience so they don’t care as much but I bet you would find consistent answers if pressed that it was not the same as any flu
It sounds like you're sick a lot. Maybe you have something else going on? Either way, you're just providing anecdotal evidence from your own personal experience. But we have the data on thousands of alleged cases, and there is no difference, despite MSM claims to the contrary. Ray Peat has been saying this since the beginning as well. Add to this the fact that the PCR test is not suitable as a diagnostic tool, and every case of covid becomes extremely suspect. How would you even know you have "covid" when the test is easily 75% false-positives, using their own criteria of replication-competence as indicated by CT value? You wouldn't.

AndrewGesell

Believe what, exactly?

I do believe that you got sick twice this year, once with symptoms that you experienced several times before, once with symptoms that you had not experienced in 33 years of life (but that millions of others had, years and decades before SARS-Cov-2 was even "discovered"). But that doesn't mean your symptoms were caused by a "novel coronavirus." Nothing in your statement proves anything otherwise. I've suggested some other plausible reasons for some of the symptoms you experienced. The described symptoms of yours do line up with some other so called "COVID patients," but not with many, many others. Your experience doesn't line up at all with so called "asymptomatic patients," those that have COVID (supposedly), but are perfectly healthy.

I still believe that so called "COVID" is simply a rebranding of existing diseases, like the cold, flu, sinusitis, pneumonia, and sometimes more serious conditions including cancer, kidney failure, and serotonin syndrome. It's also being used to cover up the side effects of the mass medical experiments run on the public without their informed consent, including lockdown and forced masking, among others. COVID really stepped this up by rebranding healthy people as "asymptomatic patients." Fauci and his ilk didn't try that with AIDS, which is basically a rebranding of 33 different diseases.
That sounds plausible.

I see a pattern in the stages of the disease that’s recognizable - look to FLCCCA and other sites
Believe what, exactly?

I do believe that you got sick twice this year, once with symptoms that you experienced several times before, once with symptoms that you had not experienced in 33 years of life (but that millions of others had, years and decades before SARS-Cov-2 was even "discovered"). But that doesn't mean your symptoms were caused by a "novel coronavirus." Nothing in your statement proves anything otherwise. I've suggested some other plausible reasons for some of the symptoms you experienced. The described symptoms of yours do line up with some other so called "COVID patients," but not with many, many others. Your experience doesn't line up at all with so called "asymptomatic patients," those that have COVID (supposedly), but are perfectly healthy.

I still believe that so called "COVID" is simply a rebranding of existing diseases, like the cold, flu, sinusitis, pneumonia, and sometimes more serious conditions including cancer, kidney failure, and serotonin syndrome. It's also being used to cover up the side effects of the mass medical experiments run on the public without their informed consent, including lockdown and forced masking, among others. COVID really stepped this up by rebranding healthy people as "asymptomatic patients." Fauci and his ilk didn't try that with AIDS, which is basically a rebranding of 33 different diseases.

Sounds plausible.

I don’t know. Just from experience it seems there’s a pattern to the disease and its progression. Maybe you’re right and this could be an old infection type reemerging but it does seem very specific in what happens in moderate cases:
1615488702118.png

AndrewGesell

It sounds like you're sick a lot. Maybe you have something else going on? Either way, you're just providing anecdotal evidence from your own personal experience. But we have the data on thousands of alleged cases, and there is no difference, despite MSM claims to the contrary. Ray Peat has been saying this since the beginning as well. Add to this the fact that the PCR test is not suitable as a diagnostic tool, and every case of covid becomes extremely suspect. How would you even know you have "covid" when the test is easily 75% false-positives, using their own criteria of replication-competence as indicated by CT value? You wouldn't.
Yeah my test was too. It was the symptoms that really stuck out and how different they felt from the regular flu.Definitely a lot of health issues, that’s why it got so bad for me. I’m just coming off the regular spring flu right now though, and it’s the same as it’s always been... May be better with aspirin and glycine.

mrchibbs

That sucks, bro. I’m glad you’re still with us. What was the loss of taste/smell like? Could you distinguish it from the flu? Every time I get the flu my taste changes very specifically - it’s like I can taste cookies in the back of my mouth. With Covid the taste/smell changes were profound/disturbing.

What do you do to protect yourself from respiratory failure now? I don’t want to die from that either.

I don't remember specifically the caracteristics of the loss of taste/smell, is just remember it being quite jarring. It came back slowly after a few months.

Regarding respiratory failure, it's not the same risk factors for everyone. I was a month premature, and lungs are apparently one of the last systems to develop in utero. My young sister was 3 weeks late, and she's never had respiratory difficulties, not one day in her life. So yeah, my asthma was pretty bad as a kid but sort of went away by my teens. So from 15-25 I sort of forgot about it, I had less lung capacity than some, but it wasn't a big deal.

I hit a big wall in my mid20s and for me it was probably just years of being profoundly hypothyroid and becoming estrogen/serotonin dominant and my lungs were just not capable of dealing with it. I was probably dealing with a massive mold infection in my bedroom for like 2 years prior as well.

Basically, all the thinks which reduce serotonin helped me a great deal. The lungs are supposed to detoxify it but when there is too much edema happens and breathing becomes impossible. Cyproheptadine and cascara are two of the most effective things for acute symptoms, but generally everything Ray talks about is immensely helpful.

T

TheBeard

I don't remember specifically the caracteristics of the loss of taste/smell, is just remember it being quite jarring. It came back slowly after a few months.

Regarding respiratory failure, it's not the same risk factors for everyone. I was a month premature, and lungs are apparently one of the last systems to develop in utero. My young sister was 3 weeks late, and she's never had respiratory difficulties, not one day in her life. So yeah, my asthma was pretty bad as a kid but sort of went away by my teens. So from 15-25 I sort of forgot about it, I had less lung capacity than some, but it wasn't a big deal.

I hit a big wall in my mid20s and for me it was probably just years of being profoundly hypothyroid and becoming estrogen/serotonin dominant and my lungs were just not capable of dealing with it. I was probably dealing with a massive mold infection in my bedroom for like 2 years prior as well.

Basically, all the thinks which reduce serotonin helped me a great deal. The lungs are supposed to detoxify it but when there is too much edema happens and breathing becomes impossible. Cyproheptadine and cascara are two of the most effective things for acute symptoms, but generally everything Ray talks about is immensely helpful.

You tried antibiotics to lower serotonin?