Moving To The Tropics

Xisca

Spanish people moving to the Canaries are already feeling outsiders in their own country! Anyway, you can be spanish and feel an outsider in Catalunia... Maybe Americans do not feel this when they move from one state to another, but this is a general problem to take into account for your nerves when moving for more than holidays!

Then humidity levels and mosquitos do not show well on postcards...

Add traffic of any kind, chemical hazards of any kind, political instability, and then you might stay home and rely on the power of long term relationships to help health recovery!

wesheilman

then you might stay home and rely on the power of long term relationships to help health recovery!

This is a good insight, that health is influenced by more than just nutrition and location. As for me, I had the misfortune of my mother dying and all my close friends moving away in a short period about two years ago (father already dead and family mostly broken). Sad, but moving would not be as great an uproot for me as for many.

Xisca

This is a good insight, that health is influenced by more than just nutrition and location. As for me, I had the misfortune of my mother dying and all my close friends moving away in a short period about two years ago (father already dead and family mostly broken). Sad, but moving would not be as great an uproot for me as for many.
Social relationships, and good close ones, are considered as more than important, and I feel this is right. Really, some people go back home because of this! It has happen to some german people living here, though they are not isolated, as they are 10% of the population.

Yes right, when not having many ties, moving is not that bad, and can even be very very good...Plants grow from seeds, but also from cuttings.... So if they do, we can grow new roots too!

Last edited:

Xisca

hehe, "seedless fruits represent the uncoupling of the genetic programme for fruit development from the one ensuring seed production", at least we have a good example of the definition of uncoupling, to remember for the topic of the freeze response!

But when we move, we are definitely a cutting that has to grow new roots...

giles

@John Frusciante Just go to Hawaii. I can tell you how to get consistently good fruit there. I've lived there for 6 months over the last year. It's not as hot and humid as FL. In MX, you never know when the cartel will grab you and/or you wake up in a tub with a note saying "get to the nearest hospital, we took your kidneys.."

I've always considered a move to the Hawaiian Islands. What were your thoughts living there? Which island do you live on, and what was your process to consistently getting good fruit there?

Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals