MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Dear @Rinse & rePeat
I have a question: so I've been noticing a lot of very subtle muscle soreness since starting this diet. It's 100% similar to when you get sore muscles the next day after a good workout. It's not as intense, just very subtle, but the feeling is the same... do you think this is a sign of certain deficiencies (magnesium maybe?) Or is this just a testament of the muscle growth that's supposed to happen?
Would love to hear your thoughts on this
I am no doctor and that question might need it’s own thread, but when I tried a low carb diet for a short time my legs would ache so bad at night. Possibly you need more sugar to protect from the realease of toxic oxidized fat flooding into your system. Do you take aspirin or progest-E? I have been taking Ray Peat’s recommendation and doing a salt foot bath this past week. It is a good way to get some extra magnesium, which is good to sooth muscles, naturally without having to trouble yourself with a bath. I can’t sit in hot bath because of the fluoride, but that salt foot soak RP says is good for sleep and for the metabolism. I am betting that your muscle soreness is more to toxic fat release.

TheToad

I am no doctor and that question might need it’s own thread, but when I tried a low carb diet for a short time my legs would ache so bad at night. Possibly you need more sugar to protect from the realease of toxic oxidized fat flooding into your system. Do you take aspirin or progest-E? I have been taking Ray Peat’s recommendation and doing a salt foot bath this past week. It is a good way to get some extra magnesium, which is good to sooth muscles, naturally without having to trouble yourself with a bath. I can’t sit in hot bath because of the fluoride, but that salt foot soak RP says is good for sleep and for the metabolism. I am betting that your muscle soreness is more to toxic fat release.
I see. I do take occasional Aspirin. Due to my high estrogen, Progest-E doesnt have any effect on me yet. I've tried intentionally overdosing on it to experience any reaction at all - nothing happened.
I'm sticking to haidut's Vitamin E supplement, some thyroid and the occasional Aspirin. I'll add some Niacin into the mix and see if that changes anything, bc if it really is a symptom of toxic fat release then Niacin should put a stop to it.
But thanks for sharing your thoughts. It only happened in the first couple of days, but I definately noticed it

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I see. I do take occasional Aspirin. Due to my high estrogen, Progest-E doesnt have any effect on me yet. I've tried intentionally overdosing on it to experience any reaction at all - nothing happened.
I'm sticking to haidut's Vitamin E supplement, some thyroid and the occasional Aspirin. I'll add some Niacin into the mix and see if that changes anything, bc if it really is a symptom of toxic fat release then Niacin should put a stop to it.
But thanks for sharing your thoughts. It only happened in the first couple of days, but I definately noticed it
Yeah just protect yourself while you are releasing stored fats. You are gonna have a lot of them circulating during this time. Keep your fats strictly saturated during this fat release time too. Releasing these toxic stored fats too quickly is notorious for causing cause flu like symptoms.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What do you think of cocoa butter as a source of fat? it's roughly 50% saturated and 50% unsaturated...or use pure food stearic acid but I suspect that using only one type of acid could lead to too problematic repercussions, at least in the long run.
I have never used cocoa butter, but I find any added oils to be counterproductive to weight loss, for me, with the possible exception of butter.

coffeelover

I'm home with my sick 1 year old. She just wants to snuggle and sleep on my chest so I made the orange Julius (nonfat milk and added collagen) and coffee with a splash of milk, sugar, and collagen and I'm snuggling her and reading books. Not a bad way to spend the day, in my opinion. Let's see if I can consistently avoid starches and get some of this extra fat off my body. I'm feeling more determined as time goes on. Preparation is key I think.

I did notice that after a few days starchless, after eating a lot of it during Thanksgiving week, I instantly shed a few pounds. When I eat starch it seems to retain water immediately. Also makes me gassy and gives me reflux! This should be enough to make me avoid it, you'd think. 🤔

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I'm home with my sick 1 year old. She just wants to snuggle and sleep on my chest so I made the orange Julius (nonfat milk and added collagen) and coffee with a splash of milk, sugar, and collagen and I'm snuggling her and reading books. Not a bad way to spend the day, in my opinion. Let's see if I can consistently avoid starches and get some of this extra fat off my body. I'm feeling more determined as time goes on. Preparation is key I think.

I did notice that after a few days starchless, after eating a lot of it during Thanksgiving week, I instantly shed a few pounds. When I eat starch it seems to retain water immediately. Also makes me gassy and gives me reflux! This should be enough to make me avoid it, you'd think. 🤔
That does sound relaxing and delicious! Did you put the orange peel in your Julius?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yeah. I have been using fresh meyer lemon zest and juice in everything because a neighbor was giving away lemons--yum. The dried orange zest works really well in baked goods and cooked dishes. Not so well in a smoothie. 😆
Yeah I would think fresh is healthier anyways. You might try soaking your dried in a little water overnight to reconstitute it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

With my protein and sugar ample yesterday, my weight went down from 146 to 145 today. Shrimp always makes me lose weight. If I don’t want to keep losing weight with all this honey and dairy, I am going to have to get back to eating red meat and maybe some potatoes. This is a really good weight for my age, being that I am composed of a lot of muscle, with no jiggly fat, and I have just enough fat on me to keep me from looking skinny, frail and thin skinned. If I were younger I could afford to weigh less. I can’t believe in the worst of my skinny fat times, at twenty I was 106 pounds! I looked at that picture and I looked terrible, I felt terrible too!

EDIT:

Here is my pic to correlate with my current weight. 145 pounds sounds like a lot for a 5’4 woman, but not when it is made of good, non jiggly, fats and muscle.

Attachments

• 12A23DF5-DAAF-4FEC-BEED-E2E0C83D9329.jpeg
    12A23DF5-DAAF-4FEC-BEED-E2E0C83D9329.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

coffeelover

UPDATE:

With my protein and sugar ample yesterday, my weight went down from 146 to 145 today. Shrimp always makes me lose weight. If I don’t want to keep losing weight with all this honey and dairy, I am going to have to get back to eating red meat and maybe some potatoes. This is a really good weight for my age, being that I am composed of a lot of muscle, with no jiggly fat, and I have just enough fat on me to keep me from looking skinny, frail and thin skinned. If I were younger I could afford to weigh less. I can’t believe in the worst of my skinny fat times, at twenty I was 106 pounds! I looked at that picture and I looked terrible, I felt terrible too!

EDIT:

Here is my pic to correlate with my current weight. 145 pounds sounds like a lot for a 5’4 woman, but not when it is made of good, non jiggly, fats and muscle.
I think you look great! And who ever said 145 lb is a lot for a 5'4" woman????? Insane. That is what I weighed when I got married and I looked great. After my first baby my weight went all the way down to 120-125 lb and my husband says now that looked too skinny on me. I can't even find a picture of the whole me at that weight. I still wasn't confident in my skin. But you can see it in my face. I'm aiming for a healthy 140-150... even getting there would seem like a miracle at this point.

Attachments

• img_2_1671053896502.jpg
    img_2_1671053896502.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 63
  • img_4_1671054447427.jpg
    img_4_1671054447427.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20221119_095125.jpg
    20221119_095125.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 63
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think you look great! And who ever said 145 lb is a lot for a 5'4" woman????? Insane. That is what I weighed when I got married and I looked great. After my first baby my weight went all the way down to 120-125 lb and my husband says now that looked too skinny on me. I can't even find a picture of the whole me at that weight. I still wasn't confident in my skin. But you can see it in my face. I'm aiming for a healthy 140-150... even getting there would seem like a miracle at this point.
How tall are you? Thanks for sharing! You’re right 145 looks great on you and your face looks too skinny for you in the one twenties photo. According to the charts, for my age I am overweight! Those charts never take into account of what that body is made of.

Attachments

• 44DEC8E6-6EE6-4639-8426-5CDE64BBB9AB.jpeg
    44DEC8E6-6EE6-4639-8426-5CDE64BBB9AB.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 342C2AFF-C706-4BA5-9C13-12F500D4382D.jpeg
    342C2AFF-C706-4BA5-9C13-12F500D4382D.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 60

coffeelover

How tall are you? Thanks for sharing! You’re right 145 looks great on you and your face looks too skinny for you in the one twenties photo. According to the charts, for my age I am overweight! Those charts never take into account of what that body is made of.
I'm 5'4" to 5"5'--depending on my posture 🤪

coffeelover

I think this chart is full of BS and makes healthy women and girls feel insecure about their bodies. To call someone like me obese is just so painful. I don't look at a woman similar to me and think "obese". I think "overweight". I think there is a bigger range of healthy and of course muscle and bone density are huge factors in that! I'm not saying you're full of BS l, just saying the chart is dumb and you're not overweight, which I think you know. 😉

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think this chart is full of BS and makes healthy women and girls feel insecure about their bodies. To call someone like me obese is just so painful. I don't look at a woman similar to me and think "obese". I think "overweight". I think there is a bigger range of healthy and of course muscle and bone density are huge factors in that! I'm not saying you're full of BS l, just saying the chart is dumb and you're not overweight, which I think you know. 😉
Well that is what I am saying too, theall of those charts are ridiculous, and no measure of anything. I I look really healthy at their overweight standard.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is the best Parmesan cheese I have found to date! It is made with only three ingredient, with only animal rennet. It is also organic and made with grass fed milk! I bought it at Sprouts.

Attachments

• D4BC3766-9C1E-4262-B8EE-A7F505AA02B3.jpeg
    D4BC3766-9C1E-4262-B8EE-A7F505AA02B3.jpeg
    789.2 KB · Views: 16
  • C37F2728-39D4-4336-9AAE-03F87C4732B3.jpeg
    C37F2728-39D4-4336-9AAE-03F87C4732B3.jpeg
    602.4 KB · Views: 16
OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

So since my last post weighing 145, living on whole fat dairy and honey, and other sugar sources, I have gained a little over two pounds. Three nights ago I walked, with a fast pace, 5 miles to town and back to have dinner with a friend. I had a half dozen raw oysters, and we shared some French fries and some polenta topped with sautéed mushrooms, and the next day I was up a pound. I wouldn’t have ordered the French fries, but my friend insisted I try them. The next day before noon, I walked five more miles to town and back with another friend and got coffee and then later i had a cheese enchilada and an iced tea with lots of sugar . Later at home I had some pasta with butter and rennet only Parmesan and later my orange Julius and I was up even more yesterday morning. So yesterday I did all my dairy and honey and such, but no orange Julius, and had grass fed ground beef and liver taco meat on grass fed cheddar Epic pork rinds for an early 5:00 dinner, and a some coconut oil popped popcorn in the evening and I am up even more this morning. My point is not that I am worried, but that exercise doesn’t make the scale go down and things we eat can make it go up, and it doesn’t mean I put on 2.5 pounds of fat in two days either. It does tell me though that when the scale was steadily going down on lots of dairy, those oranges and their peels, and sugar sources that my body was burning fat. The scale is probably reflecting water retention from inflammation from those starch splurges.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ray Peat talked much about calorie restriction having health benefits and I do believe that eating a lot of calories is not necessary for good health, but what the calories are made of is what is important. I love all my raw honey!….

Caloric restriction (CR) without malnutrition has been consistently shown to increase longevity in a number of animal models, including yeast, C. elegans, and mice (Fontana et al., 2010). However, the effect of CR on the lifespan of nonhuman primates remains controversial and may be heavily influenced by dietary composition”

“As such, changing the macronutrients can provide the same benefit without making people starve themselves which damages immune function and destroys lean tissue and metabolism in the long run. It has been known for a long time that reducing fat and protein levels in the diet while consuming carbs liberally can keep weight stable or even reduce it despite massive increase in caloric intake. This is certainly a sign of lower endotoxin as it is the endotoxin that is the primary reason behind weight gain.”

“Along those lines, below is yet another study which confirms that the benefits of caloric restriction probably have nothing to do with the lower caloric intake per se but with reduced burden of metabolic waste. The study found that reduced protein (and fat) but liberal carb intake provides the same health and longevity benefits as fasting.”

Peatful

Ray Peat talked much about calorie restriction having health benefits and I do believe that eating a lot of calories is not necessary for good health, but what the calories are made of is what is important. I love all my raw honey!….

Caloric restriction (CR) without malnutrition has been consistently shown to increase longevity in a number of animal models, including yeast, C. elegans, and mice (Fontana et al., 2010). However, the effect of CR on the lifespan of nonhuman primates remains controversial and may be heavily influenced by dietary composition”

“As such, changing the macronutrients can provide the same benefit without making people starve themselves which damages immune function and destroys lean tissue and metabolism in the long run. It has been known for a long time that reducing fat and protein levels in the diet while consuming carbs liberally can keep weight stable or even reduce it despite massive increase in caloric intake. This is certainly a sign of lower endotoxin as it is the endotoxin that is the primary reason behind weight gain.”

“Along those lines, below is yet another study which confirms that the benefits of caloric restriction probably have nothing to do with the lower caloric intake per se but with reduced burden of metabolic waste. The study found that reduced protein (and fat) but liberal carb intake provides the same health and longevity benefits as fasting.”

Reread what he said.

Im interrupting it differently than your conclusion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals