Blossom

Forum Supporter
@haidut I've been taking mitolipin for just over one week with good results. I read through all of the references you linked and had several reasons to think this particular supplement would benefit my situation.
I usually use 1/2 the amount topically and the other half orally. My digestive issues have improved but I also made a couple other changes to my eating recently that helped with that as well. I'm never bloated anymore which is beyond great! I believe I've experienced the uncoupling effect a few times already and I'm generally warmer and calmer. So all in all for only using it for about one week it's been a very positive addition and it ranks right up there with progesterone in helpfulness for me. I can't wait to see how things unfold after using it a full month or two. This is one supplement I plan to stick with long-term. Thanks for the great products.

Dotdash

Has the formula been changed? My first bottle was a very thick and oily consistency. The bottles I received this week are more liquid in substance.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I've been taking mitolipin for just over one week with good results. I read through all of the references you linked and had several reasons to think this particular supplement would benefit my situation.
I usually use 1/2 the amount topically and the other half orally. My digestive issues have improved but I also made a couple other changes to my eating recently that helped with that as well. I'm never bloated anymore which is beyond great! I believe I've experienced the uncoupling effect a few times already and I'm generally warmer and calmer. So all in all for only using it for about one week it's been a very positive addition and it ranks right up there with progesterone in helpfulness for me. I can't wait to see how things unfold after using it a full month or two. This is one supplement I plan to stick with long-term. Thanks for the great products.

Awesome, Blossom (it rhymes)! Thanks for sharing! So, these effects are from 40 drops daily?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Has the formula been changed? My first bottle was a very thick and oily consistency. The bottles I received this week are more liquid in substance.

Nope, no change in formulation or raw materials. Probably temperature changes. The product is about 40% tocopherols, 10% saturated PC, and 50% MCT.
The liquid gets really thick and oily overnight and then liquidy during the day.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
how does this compare to oxidal

There are studies on thyroid and methylene blue increasing levels of cardiolipin, but I am not aware of anything other than saturated PC actually having effects on the composition of that cardiolipin - i.e. increasing its saturated fat component. Actually, eating a lot of saturated fat for a few years would probably have the same effect as the saturated PC, so the MitoLipin should be the accelerated version of the PUFA displacement Peat talks about.

Peata

MitoLipin has a decent amount of vitamin E in every dose and tocopherols can give that headache side effect. I doubt it is the saturated PC as I a few people have tried it on its own and it has no side effects except raising temps quite a bit in one person. Have you measured your temps when you get the headache?

No, haven't had a chance. I felt a headache coming on yesterday but I was working and no thermometer. I have had headaches at work before though and I think it's a combo of not eating when I should (though I'm doing better with this), heat, and some effects of mental stress. I'm doubting that the MitoLipin itself gave me headaches, it just seemed like I was more prone to them from stresses (like those I just mentioned) after i started it. It may just be coincidence since it's getting warmer out now too. I'll keep monitoring it. Thanks.

Tarmander

My Experience:

So I have been using MitoLipin now for about 2.5 weeks and wanted to give my feedback. I am mostly through my bottle, maybe about 1/4 left, so I feel I have a good grasp on its effects, positives, and drawbacks.

I experienced many of the effects that others described here. Feelings of happiness and well-being were common occurrences. I also noticed localized "weight loss" in the area that it was spread. After thinking more about this, I believe this was most likely a lowering of localized estrogen and the puffiness that comes with it.

I also experienced very rapid blood sugar drops that usually lasted for about 30 minutes. Unlike others here, I have what is called a Dexcom, which measures blood glucose every 5 minutes through a receptor inserted into your arm/stomach. Mitolipin was very consistent in dropping blood sugar, which would fall almost immediately and keep falling for about a half hour, sometimes 20 minutes. I always had to make sure my blood sugar was a bit elevated when I took Mito to accommodate this.

I noticed in the first week and a half or so some increased muscle mass. I felt stronger and I thought my shoulders were more pronounced. So yay! My hair also seemed to get some sheen and fullness, although maybe that was just my imagination.

I had some negative reactions as well. When I first started taking it, I had diarrhea for at least a week. Not that big a deal, it went away, but it was a little annoying. After being on it for a prolonged period of time, I started to notice gyno symptoms. Nips got pointier and bigger :(. I also oddly enough thought my muscles shrunk, but that is subjective.

In thinking about this, and an explanation for it, I came to a couple possibilities. There is a large amount of Vitamin E in the product, which acts very similarly to progesterone. Most of the benefits I mention above you could probably take right out of a progesterone supplement thread. So perhaps these had feminizing effects on me. Another explanation is that the increased metabolism caused by both the vitamin E, as well as the PC, liberated FFA and inflammatory metabolites that caused these effects. The fact that the gyno symptoms took a couple weeks to really start coming on suggests this possibility. Although I would say my "pecks" got slightly pointier right off the bat, it just took awhile to really notice.

If I had to describe my experience, I would say it was very similar to when I took topical DHEA/Pregnenolone. Almost eerily so. The feelings of happiness and well-being, lowered stress, and stronger muscles, followed by feminization, shrinking muscles, loss of libido... it is very similar. I am curious to see if any other males report effects like this, or if it is just me and these PUFA stores over here.:eek:

If I had a suggestion for Haidut, I would be interested in the PC by itself, or just in MCT, without the Vitamin E. If that cannot be done, then a lowering of the vitamin E amount would also be interesting, and if it made the product a bit cheaper that would be great too. I would be curious why it has to be 40% tocopherols, and whether it could be 20% tocopherols, or even lower, instead.

Thanks for reading

Peata

I've been using it 12 days and am also 1/4 through bottle, so maybe my "drops" are too big. I noticed the blood sugar lowering effect right away, so then I started making sure I had food when I used it and no more problems there. I have not noticed localized weight loss or lowering of estrogen and I pretty much just use it on my belly and breasts. I still have some pain and swelling of breasts this past cycle. Have not felt the well-being others describe with it. I've used it orally some as well. I'm going to finish out the bottle and hope I can determine by then whether it is having any effect at all on me and whether to keep using it.

Adding - I stopped using it on my face after several days because it wasn't moisturizing or keeping moisture in like I needed. I think my skin barrier was damaged from earlier use of other products. Hence the dry look and feel. So I use something thick to seal in moisture and don't use MitoLipin there. Also, haven't had anymore of the effects on breathing like I noticed right off.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My Experience:

So I have been using MitoLipin now for about 2.5 weeks and wanted to give my feedback. I am mostly through my bottle, maybe about 1/4 left, so I feel I have a good grasp on its effects, positives, and drawbacks.

I experienced many of the effects that others described here. Feelings of happiness and well-being were common occurrences. I also noticed localized "weight loss" in the area that it was spread. After thinking more about this, I believe this was most likely a lowering of localized estrogen and the puffiness that comes with it.

I also experienced very rapid blood sugar drops that usually lasted for about 30 minutes. Unlike others here, I have what is called a Dexcom, which measures blood glucose every 5 minutes through a receptor inserted into your arm/stomach. Mitolipin was very consistent in dropping blood sugar, which would fall almost immediately and keep falling for about a half hour, sometimes 20 minutes. I always had to make sure my blood sugar was a bit elevated when I took Mito to accommodate this.

I noticed in the first week and a half or so some increased muscle mass. I felt stronger and I thought my shoulders were more pronounced. So yay! My hair also seemed to get some sheen and fullness, although maybe that was just my imagination.

I had some negative reactions as well. When I first started taking it, I had diarrhea for at least a week. Not that big a deal, it went away, but it was a little annoying. After being on it for a prolonged period of time, I started to notice gyno symptoms. Nips got pointier and bigger :(. I also oddly enough thought my muscles shrunk, but that is subjective.

In thinking about this, and an explanation for it, I came to a couple possibilities. There is a large amount of Vitamin E in the product, which acts very similarly to progesterone. Most of the benefits I mention above you could probably take right out of a progesterone supplement thread. So perhaps these had feminizing effects on me. Another explanation is that the increased metabolism caused by both the vitamin E, as well as the PC, liberated FFA and inflammatory metabolites that caused these effects. The fact that the gyno symptoms took a couple weeks to really start coming on suggests this possibility. Although I would say my "pecks" got slightly pointier right off the bat, it just took awhile to really notice.

If I had to describe my experience, I would say it was very similar to when I took topical DHEA/Pregnenolone. Almost eerily so. The feelings of happiness and well-being, lowered stress, and stronger muscles, followed by feminization, shrinking muscles, loss of libido... it is very similar. I am curious to see if any other males report effects like this, or if it is just me and these PUFA stores over here.:eek:

If I had a suggestion for Haidut, I would be interested in the PC by itself, or just in MCT, without the Vitamin E. If that cannot be done, then a lowering of the vitamin E amount would also be interesting, and if it made the product a bit cheaper that would be great too. I would be curious why it has to be 40% tocopherols, and whether it could be 20% tocopherols, or even lower, instead.

Thanks for reading

Thanks for the feedback! I am looking for other solvents that can dissolve the PC well enough but so far no luck. I even tried DMSO and it works only partially. It could be made into a supplement using only MCT as a solvent but the liquid will be cloudy. If people have no problem with that then the vitamin E can be dropped altogether as I am not too keen on having so much vitamin E in it anyways. Maybe the vitamin E is the reason people feel the need to take breaks from Kenogen's Progest-E - i.e. it becomes too strong of s progesterone effect.
Anyways, let's give it another week and some more reporting and then I can make a poll on whether people prefer it with or without the vitamin E. Or maybe, just like the Progest-E, the solution is to simply teak some breaks from using it. Maybe 3 weeks on, 1 off. Just like the Progest-E protocol that seems to work for most people.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've been using it 12 days and am also 1/4 through bottle, so maybe my "drops" are too big. I noticed the blood sugar lowering effect right away, so then I started making sure I had food when I used it and no more problems there. I have not noticed localized weight loss or lowering of estrogen and I pretty much just use it on my belly and breasts. I still have some pain and swelling of breasts this past cycle. Have not felt the well-being others describe with it. I've used it orally some as well. I'm going to finish out the bottle and hope I can determine by then whether it is having any effect at all on me and whether to keep using it.

Adding - I stopped using it on my face after several days because it wasn't moisturizing or keeping moisture in like I needed. I think my skin barrier was damaged from earlier use of other products. Hence the dry look and feel. So I use something thick to seal in moisture and don't use MitoLipin there. Also, haven't had anymore of the effects on breathing like I noticed right off.

Thanks Peata. Have you measured temps and pulse while using it? I am curious about whether it raises temps/pulse even though it is not affecting mood as it did in others.

Dotdash

Thanks for the feedback! I am looking for other solvents that can dissolve the PC well enough but so far no luck. I even tried DMSO and it works only partially. It could be made into a supplement using only MCT as a solvent but the liquid will be cloudy. If people have no problem with that then the vitamin E can be dropped altogether as I am not too keen on having so much vitamin E in it anyways. Maybe the vitamin E is the reason people feel the need to take breaks from Kenogen's Progest-E - i.e. it becomes too strong of s progesterone effect.
Anyways, let's give it another week and some more reporting and then I can make a poll on whether people prefer it with or without the vitamin E. Or maybe, just like the Progest-E, the solution is to simply teak some breaks from using it. Maybe 3 weeks on, 1 off. Just like the Progest-E protocol that seems to work for most people.
I would not mind it being cloudy. The Vit E is a bit much if one wanted to take 3 doses daily, which would be in line with the range of 100-300mg suggested by Ray.

ravster02

The thing stopping me from buying this is the large amount of vitamin E per serving. I like to experiment and sometimes take more servings but there's just too much vitamin E right now. 600iu is quite a lot per serving.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I would not mind it being cloudy. The Vit E is a bit much if one wanted to take 3 doses daily, which would be in line with the range of 100-300mg suggested by Ray.

Noted, will do some tests with less E and see how they come out.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The thing stopping me from buying this is the large amount of vitamin E per serving. I like to experiment and sometimes take more servings but there's just too much vitamin E right now. 600iu is quite a lot per serving.

Understood, thanks. Will try to make a low-dose E batch.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I would also like a non e variation since I'm already taking e in the estroban.

Roger, will try to lower the E contents.

Jayfish

Btw I have been only half dosing this because 40 a day seemed a bit too much in terms of tiredness, but I have not experienced any estrogen like symptoms, just the opposite. Still steadily losing body fat and profoundly more tolerant to stress.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Btw I have been only half dosing this because 40 a day seemed a bit too much in terms of tiredness, but I have not experienced any estrogen like symptoms, just the opposite. Still steadily losing body fat and profoundly more tolerant to stress.

Now, that's what I am talking about :):
Thanks for sharing!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals