Milky coffee

stephenj

I have been warming around 300ml of milk up in the microwave and using it in my coffee with two sugars. Is that ok to do or is it bad because of the microwave'?.
It tastes really good but I am just worried about using the microwave.

paymanz

i not sure about overall microwave effect on food yet, but i know its better to avoid fatty foods in microwave.so using skim milk is better if you want to do it.and why just dont brew coffee in small amount of water and then add milk and sugar to it?

BingDing

Ray said somewhere that he didn't think microwaving food was a problem.

I do the same thing, but with 1/4 cup half and half and 3/4 cup milk. Keeps the coffee hot longer.

tara

I regularly use the microwave to heat milky coffee and other food. I too remember a reference to Peat saying microwave was OK for heating food. Not sure that he endorsed cooking with it though, but I also sometimes microwave a potato.
I think the most useful precaution is standing well back - some of the microwaves leak, and its not ealthy to be exposed to them yourself. They interfere with my cordless phone if I use it in the same room.

Birdie

I think the worry was with older microwaves that could leak.

tara

Birdie said:
post 104675 I think the worry was with older microwaves that could leak.
Mine is about 12 years old, and if it interferes with the phone 2 meters away, and it's not between the phone and the base, I imagine that's evidence of leakage. I think microwave ovens for commercial kitchens may be made to more exacting standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals