Compilation Of EMFs Of Common Everyday Objects

Cirion

This will be a work in progress. I was hoping maybe people can help me add to this list. I just got my scanner today and am shocked, so I'm going to be doing lots of testing to know what is safe and what is not. In some cases I'll just say "A LOT" because my scanner lights up like a christmas tree (100,1000+) and I don't want to risk sitting around in that to cause all sorts of damage to myself. My safe distance will generally be somewhat conservative just in case. All numbers are with the device ON unless otherwise specified.

For those who may not know, the EPA has defined the safe range as ~ 0.5-2.5 mG. My scanner turns red at around 3-3.5 mG. needless to say it turned red and yelled at me alot during these testings..

a couple of TL;DR takeaways for now

Avoid entirely:
Electric razor, hair dryer, headphones, cell phones (in pocket or against head), microwave

Avoid as much as possible:
Oven, cell phone (even texting or browsing)

Be careful in general:
Getting too close or staying too close to anything electronic

Circuit Box:
EMF output: 150-200 mG
Safe distance: 6-12 ft (don't use unless you have to, be quick about it when you do use it)

House Air Conditioner / House Fan:
EMF output: 50-100 mG
Safe distance: 6 feet (don't get near unless you have to. probably best to turn off if you must)

Walls/Outlets
EMF Ouput: upwards of 10-20mG
Safe distance: 1-2 ft

Box Fan:
EMF Output: A lot (400 mG ish)
Safe distance: 3 ft (actually more like 1 ft, but because the output is so high, better safe than sorry)

Hair Dryer:
EMF output (A LOT)
Safe distance: n/a... don't use a hair dryer ever!!!

Electric Shaver:
EMF output (A Lot)
Safe distance: n/a

Cell Phone:
EMF output (30 mG)
Safe distance: ~2-3 ft. OK to just leave on table a few ft away. Do not put in your pocket ever, if you must, turn it off. 30 mG is 15x acceptable limits. Do not talk with your phone against your ear. Don't use your phone a lot in general unless you can access it remotely. I noticed the EMF's on the phone tended to spike, probably correlating to wifi / 4G activity (like receiving a text/ phone call...)

WhirlPool:
EMF output (20mg)
Safe distance: pretty much n/a... no point to use it if you can't be in the tub... this one made me sad because I love epsom salt whirlpool baths
edit - even more sad... measured again, 6 mG even with whirlpool off :( I can't even use my bath tub again ever...

Microwave:
EMF output (a metric CRAP ton)
Safe distance: Over 12 ft (yes, you read right) if you MUST use a microwave, immediately flee out of the kitchen lol... I'll probably be ditching my microwave after seeing this...

Stove/Oven:
EMF output (150 mG)
Safe distance: 3 ft this was surprising. It seems no way of heating food seems to be safe.

Keurig:
EMF output (15 mg)
Safe distance: 2-3 ft

Computer (includes monitor, pc itself, any high power external devices, monitor/TV):
EMF output: (a fairly high amount)
Safe distance: 3 feet. This one isn't as bad as I thought it may be. As long as you have the keyboard and mouse far enough way it's fine for long term use. Keep in mind I'm directly connected to the router though, not using wireless.

Computer Keyboard:
Emf output: 0.5 mG
Safe distance: any

Computer Mouse:
EMF output: 1.7 mG
Safe distance: any... kinda. This is pushing the limits.

Headphones:
EMF output: 10 mG
Safe distance: n/a. Don't use headphones, except maybe for occasional phone call (safer than cell phone which is 30 mG). Never use headphones all day for video games, TV watching, or a job. If your job has you using headsets all day... time for a new job.

Washer:
EMF output: 15 mG
Safe distance: 6 ft

Dryer:
EMF output: 30 mG
Safe distance: 6 ft

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

The hair dryer was the worst. It almost blew up my scanner, I think it was higher than my scanner could even measure... lol... well then again, so did the microwave

Ughh, I can't tell you how many times I have multi tasked and microwaved something in the kitchen while cutting something just 2 ft away from it. Yay for microwaving my brain. No wonder i have a messed up metabolism

Tarmander

I have never been able to pick up much from a wall plug outlet without anything plugged into it. You sure they are putting anything off?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

edit
It appears to only be outlets with a lot of current flowing through them. Not all of them measure much or even anything.

Oh yes. Like I said, my device beeps at me when it's high, so without a doubt. It's a cheapo one so maybe it isn't the most accurate, who knows?

In any case I was happy to learn that overall, my house EMF is usually close to 0, so I don't need to move anywhere.

Last edited:
I will add any wires that are plugged into an outlet will usually have some emf output.
I had to watch out where my feet were when using the computer as I had them close to the wires before. Bad idea.
I'd probably stay at least 1-2 feet away from most wires directly into an outlet. Wires going into a computer(mouse/keyboard/microphone etc) seem to not have much of a reading.
I also found vehicles have quite high emf at the bottom/feet area, and the steering wheel area.
Some modems have higher emf signals than others.
Cell phones on calls/wifi are pretty high, keep them at a distance. Could use air ear buds instead of wired.
Laptop's seem to have more emf than a desktop.

Attakai

I'm streaming music with my cellphone in my pocket and earbuds in my ears about 9 hours everyday
Always on my cellphone or computer connected to 5G wifi.
reheat 75% of my meals in the microwave
Shave with electric razor everyday
Oh and I work operating 1 foot away from a giant cutting machine that I'm sure has huge EMF output.

Pray for me.

Whichway?

So I am assuming that electric hair clippers would be as bad as an electric razor, due to both having the electric motor so close to your head?

Seems modern conveniences of life are out to kill us!

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

In the cases where keeping the motor somewhat close to you is a necessity for whatever reason, you can reduce the damage somewhat by at least keeping it far from your essential organs (so away from the brain, balls, heart/liver/kidneys etc). Example is when texting, text with your hands far away from your body. Your hands will get the full 30 mG but you may be able to reduce the mG to your organs to close to 0. This doesn't help you much in some cases like the hair dryer which puts out such an insane amount of emf that I just can't think of an example where it's worth the risk.

Other times, as in the case of headphones, these are nefarious for health because they are RIGHT against your head, and probably will cause brain tumors if worn long enough (especially every day, all day). I always have noticed, but didn't know why, that if I listened to music too long at work I would feel off in a way, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I will add any wires that are plugged into an outlet will usually have some emf output.
I had to watch out where my feet were when using the computer as I had them close to the wires before. Bad idea.
I'd probably stay at least 1-2 feet away from most wires directly into an outlet. Wires going into a computer(mouse/keyboard/microphone etc) seem to not have much of a reading.
I also found vehicles have quite high emf at the bottom/feet area, and the steering wheel area.
Some modems have higher emf signals than others.
Cell phones on calls/wifi are pretty high, keep them at a distance. Could use air ear buds instead of wired.
Laptop's seem to have more emf than a desktop.

The 30 mG value for cell phones I think is about the peak value on a call but I didn't test it. I saw it reach this value when texting/receiving a text. Laptops are the only real concern with a computer. This is the only time you'll be this close to a pc usually. The worst thing you can do with a laptop is use it on your lap, ironically enough. This blasts you with the full force of emf, right in the balls no less... a great way to get cancer down there.

Wireless headphones are worse than wired, right?
I measured a peak of 10 mG with wired headphones. Wireless would likely be even more.

So I am assuming that electric hair clippers would be as bad as an electric razor, due to both having the electric motor so close to your head?

Seems modern conveniences of life is out to kill us!

Yes probably

Last edited:

Lilac

The electronic key for your car also produces an EMF. I used to wear mine around my neck on a lanyard! Keeping the key in your pants pockets sounds equally bad.

Mufasa

I believe that using earthed sockets for your electronics can also reduce EMF a lot.

Since I have started taking selenium, zinc, copper and manganese I notice less EMF brain foggyness from my phone and laptop.

I have also heard that selenium and zinc may block the effects that EMF has on calcium.

Hugh Johnson

I had the idea of putting a aluminium foil lining in the pocket where I carry my cell phone, in between the phone and body. The other alternatives seem inconvenient. Does anyone know if this is a good idea? I understand that it reflects also radiation back to the body, but since my cell is the biggest radiation source it should be a net benefit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals