What Am I Doing That's Making Me Feel Better?

tara

Peata said:
This came from body ecology site. Twenty health benefits of butter.

Butter is rich in the most easily absorbable form of Vitamin A necessary for thyroid and adrenal health.
Contains lauric acid, important in treating fungal infections and candida.
Contains lecithin, essential for cholesterol metabolism.
Contains anti-oxidants that protect against free radical damage.
Has anti-oxidants that protect against weakening arteries.
Is a great source of Vitamins E and K.
Is a very rich source of the vital mineral selenium.
Saturated fats in butter have strong anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties.
Butter contains conjugated linoleic acid, which is a potent anti-cancer agent, muscle builder, and immunity booster
Vitamin D found in butter is essential to absorption of calcium.
Protects against tooth decay.
Is your only source of an anti-stiffness factor, which protects against calcification of the joints.
Anti-stiffness factor in butter also prevents hardening of the arteries, cataracts, and calcification of the pineal gland.
Is a source of Activator X, which helps your body absorb minerals.
Is a source of iodine in highly absorbable form.
May promote fertility in women.
Is a source of quick energy, and is not stored in our bodies adipose tissue.
Cholesterol found in butterfat is essential to children’s brain and nervous system development.
Contains Arachidonic Acid (AA) which plays a role in brain function and is a vital component of cell membranes.
Protects against gastrointestinal infections in the very young or the elderly.

A couple of thoughts on this list.
I wonder if dairy cattle are usually fed selenium and iodine supplementation? Otherwise, I wouldn't expect them to be plentiful in butter if they are grazing on deficient soils - our local soils are known to be deficient in both, but maybe they supplement for the animal's health.
I don't think Peat would consider arachidonic acid to be a benefit?
I don't see why butter wouldn't be stored as body fat under the conditions that otherwise cause fat gain?

Given that some of these seem questionable, I don't have confidence in the reliability of ones I don't know anything about.

Giraffe

tara said:
I wonder if dairy cattle are usually fed selenium and iodine supplementation? Otherwise, I wouldn't expect them to be plentiful in butter if they are grazing on deficient soils - our local soils are known to be deficient in both, but maybe they supplement for the animal's health.
European Union law permits to fortify animal feed with iodine even for organic meat, milk and eggs.

Iodine content of milk in Germany [mcg/l] according to different sources of information:

nutritian facts: 70
milk industry : 95-140
tests: 30-180

Anyone who thinks he can't get iodine acne if he doesn't supplement iodine: Think again!

tara

Giraffe said:
European Union law permits to fortify animal feed with iodine even for organic meat, milk and eggs.

Iodine content of milk in Germany [mcg/l] according to different sources of information:

nutritian facts: 70
milk industry : 95-140
tests: 30-180
So estimates vary a bit even in one country, and the soil, and maybe the regulatory framework and the common practice may all vary from country to country. At least I guess all the cattle are getting enough selenium and iodine to meet their own basic health needs, and I hopefully the health of their offspring, if they were allowed to feed them.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Stuart

tara said:
Another thought about butter. I don't know if this applies to you messta - seems as though you've had some fairly complicated things going on - so this is speculation, not confidence.
Nerves need good myelin sheaths to support efficient function. I think you may have had concerns about vagus nerve function, and maybe other nerve function? Myelin is mostly fat. I think severe undereating can result in damaged myelin sheaths. I imagine that maybe severe difficulties with digestion, or with converting sugars into fats on a low fat diet, or some other part of the process of turning food into myelin might also cause some degradation in this system. Maybe this could be part of what was going on, and loads of butter filled this gap for you?
Have you heard about Datis Kharrazian and his work on exercising the vagus nerve (by singing loudly or gargling) to promote health?

OP
M

messtafarian

So -- about the cypro -- I started with about 2.5 mg twice a day and would just zonk out -- I mean literally fall asleep -- in the middle of the day for about two months. It made me feel so much better though that I continued till now I'm up to 5.

For a while it would still put me to sleep at night for eons but now my body is used to it so it doesn't really have a sedative effect that I'm aware of. It also doesn't really have a 'weight gain" effect for me. I don't think the weight gain idea is really valid, it still depends on what you're eating and I suppose what you're absorbing.

Still going hard on the butter. There seems to be something in it that my body absolutely insists it needs -- I'm going to say maybe six tablespoons a day at the very least. What I'm going with is a theory that I got some kind of gut infection at some point, and I have pretty bad dysbiosis at the moment, and the butyric acid is balancing things somehow.

I'm not entirely sure that's right but here is some interesting testimony. For the past four months I have not had a period. I thought it was menopause but -- after month of cypro plus progest-e plus massive butter, it came right on time, right on the full moon, like it never left.

Giraffe

tara said:
So estimates vary a bit even in one country, and the soil, and maybe the regulatory framework and the common practice may all vary from country to country. At least I guess all the cattle are getting enough selenium and iodine to meet their own basic health needs, and I hopefully the health of their offspring, if they were allowed to feed them.
Iodine is used to prevent goiter, too much iodine is associated with Hashimoto's, It's easy to overdo on iodine in Germany: Animal food is fortified and there is widerspread use of iodised salt. To estimate selenium content of one's diet is as tricky as to estimate iodine content.

Yes, regulatory framework, common practice and content of minerals in soils vary from country to country.

D

Deleted member 5487

After a couple of months of going to doctors, I sort of gave up and went into a fugue state. I've been up in my bedroom, really nearly bedridden ( well ok i can't say that, my HQ is my bed but I pad around to the fridge and bathroom and so on) for about two months. I took a crapton of supplements and finally gave up on those too including pregnenolone. The only things I've been taking are a chewable multiple with copper, etc; topical progest-e, and about 200mg extra B1 chewable, when I think of it.

Months, I'm talking. I would sleep when I wanted to, hours at a time, shower every couple days, and just sort of drift.

Then I got this craving. I started eating Rice Krispies. I mean like boxes of Rice Krispies but that's not the weird part; the weird part is that the only thing that would satisfy me would be to take the Rice Krispies, put them on a paper plate and plop big chunks of KerryGold Irish Butter on top and put it in the microwave until the butter was melted. Then I would douse this mess with salt.

I could not get enough of this. I wanted absolutely nothing else. I fed myself plates and plates and plates of this stuff for days basically just heading back downstairs to the microwave every two hours or so. I must have been eating about three thousand calories a day of buttered Rice Krispies. When I slept I'd take about 4 mg cyproheptadine beforehand. No caffeine at all, no aspirin, no coconut oil. No exercise, just me going back and forth to the microwave and watching Netflix. That went on for about a week.

Suddenly I realized I was feeling a little better. Not *great* -- but my weird nerve symptoms were almost gone, my stomach was working a lot better, and then I checked my pulse. I know we like fast pulses in the Peat world but mine had been running somewhere between 95-105 for months and when I stood up I'd get POTS. Checked my pulse this morning and it was suddenly...60, at total rest. When I stood up, 82.

Normal. No dizziness, no twitching, no crazy sweating.

I somehow got a lot better than I've been in 9 months eating Rice Krispies and butter. Now the question is, what in the hell did I do right?

This is a really old thread. But I was home for thanksgiving break and my mother made Rice Krispie treats(Butter, Rice Krispies, Marsh mellows). I ate like half a of the whole thing. Woke up feeling more energized then ever before. So I started eating them over the next few days and my testosterone levels feel like they tripled. I kid you not it's like I am 16 again.

What is the mechanism of action? I feel like they must absorb very easily, way easier than normal rice or potato.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals