Billions of nanoplastics released when microwaving baby food containers + kills kidney cells

Mauritio

This study found that microwaving babyfood in plastic containers released huge amounts of nanoplastic, 1000 times more than microplastic particles. This way babies had the highest consumption of nanoplastic of all ages (adjusted to their size). Microwaving anything in plastic seems like a really bad idea for any person, they might stay inside and combine with other toxins like heavy metals (Microplastics stick around in human airways + interact with heavy metals)

The researcher conducted an in vitro study with the nanoplastic from the microwave and found that it killed almost 80% of kidney cells aftr two days. They suspect kidney cells might be extra susceptible to microplatic.

"Experiments have shown that microwaving plastic baby food containers available on the shelves of U.S. stores can release huge numbers of plastic particles -- in some cases, more than 2 billion nanoplastics and 4 million microplastics for every square centimeter of container."
"After two days, just 23% of kidney cells exposed to the highest concentrations had managed to survive -- a much higher mortality rate than that observed in earlier studies of micro- and nanoplastic toxicity. The team suspects that kidney cells might be more susceptible to the particles than are other cell types examined in prior research. But those earlier studies also tended to examine the effects of larger polypropylene particles, some of them potentially too large to penetrate cells."

- Billions of nanoplastics released when microwaving baby food containers: Exposure to plastic particles kills up to 75% of cultured kidney cells

But didn't Ray Peat say that microwaving was fine, just stay 3-4 ft away from the microwave while in operation?
From a physics standpoint microwaves are fine for cooking as far as I remember thermodynamics.
Yes he did say that, about our mitochondria, compared to x-rays, but the constant radiation “in” the food and water, how it changes the nutrients in them, and what it does to the containers things are microwaved in, is another matter.

hierundjetzt

Yes he did say that, about our mitochondria, compared to x-rays, but the constant radiation “in” the food and water, how it changes the nutrients in them, and what it does to the containers things are microwaved in, is another matter.
If I remember correctly he said it was safe to eat microwaved food and that it didn't change the nutrients (as long as you don't overmicrowave it).
Obviously which container you use is another matter.

If I remember correctly he said it was safe to eat microwaved food and that it didn't change the nutrients (as long as you don't overmicrowave it).
…which is why I think doing an experiment myself is warranted.

Personally I would rather drink microwaved city tap water, than straight city tap water. Maybe the video I posted, this morning, was more to the point of what the water was microwaved in, than the microwave?

“Microwave radiation can heat body tissue the same way it heats food. Exposure to high levels of microwaves can cause a painful burn. Two areas of the body, the eyes and the testes, are particularly vulnerable to RF heating because there is relatively little blood flow in them to carry away excess heat. Additionally, the lens of the eye is particularly sensitive to intense heat, and exposure to high levels of microwaves can cause cataracts. But these types of injuries – burns and cataracts – can only be caused by exposure to large amounts of microwave radiation.”

“Soviet bloc countries reported that individuals exposed to microwaves frequently developed headaches, fatigue, loss of appetite, sleepiness, difficulty in concentration, poor memory, emotional instability, and labile cardiovascular function, and established stringent exposure standards. For a variety of reasons these reports were discounted in Western countries, where the prevailing belief was that there could be no adverse health effects of electromagnetic fields (EMFs) that were not mediated by tissue heating. The reported Soviet effects were at lower intensities than those that cause heating. However, there were several accidental exposures of radar operators in Western countries that resulted in persistent symptoms similar to those described above. The Soviets irradiated the US Embassy in Moscow with microwaves during the period 1953-1975, and while no convincing evidence of elevated cancer rates was reported, there were reports of "microwave illness". Officials passed these complaints off as being due to anxiety, not effects of the microwave exposure. There is increasing evidence that the "microwave syndrome" or "electro-hypersensitivity" (EHS) is a real disease that is caused by exposure to EMFs, especially those in the microwave range. The reported incidence of the syndrome is increasing along with increasing exposure to EMFs from electricity, WiFi, mobile phones and towers, smart meters and many other wireless devices. Why some individuals are more sensitive is unclear. While most individuals who report having EHS do not have a specific history of an acute exposure, excessive exposure to EMFs, even for a brief period of time, can induce the syndrome.“

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals