Cooked Fruit And Parmesan For Raising Temps

scarlettsmum

This is obviously very individual but I thought I might share this just in case it helps anyone else at the beginning of their journey. After trying lots of different combinations of things I find that what really works for raising my temps now is cooked fruit with lots of sugar, cinnamon and butter and served with a chunk of parmesan cheese. I cook everything from apples, pears, oranges, bananas and make lots of it. Either refrigerate or freeze and then reheat in microwave as needed. In comparison cottage cheese with sugar and oj with salt or some fresh fruit doesn't have anywhere near the same effect. It could also have something to do with easier digestibility, since the fruit is cooked and I barely feel like eating fresh fruit, and the fact that the fruit is warm.

Lightbringer

I cook everything from apples, pears, oranges, bananas and make lots of it. Either refrigerate or freeze and then reheat in microwave as needed.
Fruit and cheese is a great combination. Peat has spoken of this a lot and he has also mentioned cooked fruits -but I wasn't sure how to go about this. I've been experimenting with getting food to work and this sounds promising ! How do you for example, cook apples , oranges and bananas ? Do you just dump them in a pot with water and boil for a few minutes ? Not sure how long they would keep in the fridge in that wet state. Also, do you melt the cheese? I prefer cheddar as its easier to melt :D

barefooter

This is obviously very individual but I thought I might share this just in case it helps anyone else at the beginning of their journey. After trying lots of different combinations of things I find that what really works for raising my temps now is cooked fruit with lots of sugar, cinnamon and butter and served with a chunk of parmesan cheese. I cook everything from apples, pears, oranges, bananas and make lots of it. Either refrigerate or freeze and then reheat in microwave as needed. In comparison cottage cheese with sugar and oj with salt or some fresh fruit doesn't have anywhere near the same effect. It could also have something to do with easier digestibility, since the fruit is cooked and I barely feel like eating fresh fruit, and the fact that the fruit is warm.

Thanks for sharing, and glad you found something that's working well for you. Unless you live in the tropics, most available fruit is of pretty poor quality and rarely ripe, so cooking does seem like a good strategy to mitigate this. I already eat applesauce and cooked bananas, so maybe I'll try cooking some others soon.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

Fruit and cheese is a great combination. Peat has spoken of this a lot and he has also mentioned cooked fruits -but I wasn't sure how to go about this. I've been experimenting with getting food to work and this sounds promising ! How do you for example, cook apples , oranges and bananas ? Do you just dump them in a pot with water and boil for a few minutes ? Not sure how long they would keep in the fridge in that wet state. Also, do you melt the cheese? I prefer cheddar as its easier to melt :D

I chuck them in the oven with sugar and butter at 180 C (350 F) and cook for about 30 to 45 mins and try to turn them when I remember, I don't add any water. Also I only ever mixed apples and pears or apples and plums but I don't see why mix of all fruits shouldn't work. Maybe worth trying? They last me in the fridge for 5 days at 2 C. When I am ready to have a bowl of fruit I just serve it with a chunk of cheese on the side. I never melt the cheese. By all means try it with cheddar! Nothing beats vintage cheddar. I just prefer parmesan with this for some reason, in my mind I can only pair cheddar with fresh grapes or pears. :) This way I find I can eat so much more fruit, like 10 cooked down apples!

Last edited:
OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

Thanks for sharing, and glad you found something that's working well for you. Unless you live in the tropics, most available fruit is of pretty poor quality and rarely ripe, so cooking does seem like a good strategy to mitigate this. I already eat applesauce and cooked bananas, so maybe I'll try cooking some others soon.

totally agree, most fruit not being ripe, I feel like my body is rejecting it. After one orange my body is signalling me that I'm full. However if I cook it I can eat bowlful of oranges. I think this may be the answer for unripe fruit.

Lightbringer

I chuck them in the oven with sugar and butter actually at 180 C (350 F) and cook for about 30 to 45 mins and try to turn them when I remember, I don't add any water. ... This way I find I can eat so much more fruit, like 10 cooked down apples!
ahha thanks, the oven makes more sense than boiling. I'll try it out and hopefully the larger fruit quantities will also help me replace some starch from my diet.

beachbum

ahha thanks, the oven makes more sense than boiling. I'll try it out and hopefully the larger fruit quantities will also help me replace some starch from my diet.

Wow ..totally didn't even think of using the oven.o_O:bored:duh..lol

Thank you
Beachbum

Lightbringer

Wow ..totally didn't even think of using the oven.o_O:bored:duh..lol
Thank you
Beachbum
My definition of cooking is generally boiling (mushrooms, oxtail etc) or using the skillet for everything else. The oven for me meant only one thing - Pizza :( I'm still learning the dark arts.

beachbum

My definition of cooking is generally boiling (mushrooms, oxtail etc) or using the skillet for everything else. The oven for me meant only one thing - Pizza :( I'm still learning the dark arts.

Yum..pizza..I still eat it. I actually do a lot of cooking with the oven but never thought of baking fruit other than baked apples, but to bake them like Scarlettsmums does never crossed my mind. .sounds delicious too. I do use the skillet more too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals