Has Peat discussed lead toxicity?

ddjd

The paint on Pyrex glass measuring cups to indicate the measurements has lead! I microwave water in these.
Isn't the paint on the outside not the inner surface so surely irrelevant??

mattmm24

I found this website run by a woman who uses a precise instrument (XRF analyzer) to test common kitchen and other household items. The results are surprising, because a lot of mugs, dishes, etc. show unsafe levels of lead.

Especially vintage ceramics and tinted glass pieces have high amounts of lead -- which is a concern for me since I use a lot of this in my kitchen.

But even modern coffee cups and other items show high levels of lead. The paint on Pyrex glass measuring cups to indicate the measurements has lead! I microwave water in these.

I can't find much mention of lead in our homes or lead toxicity by Peat. Can anyone direct me to an interview / article where he's discussed this? Anyone here have opinions on it?

I'm most interested in how serious it is to have items XRF testing shows to have high amounts of lead. Do I need to replace all my vintage kitchen pieces?? And any info on lead poisoning and detox would be most appreciated. I've struggled with bad health issues for 12 years now (severe fatigue: ME/CFS, pain, overweight, and more).

You need bioavailable calcium to detox led because led can take the place of calcium in your body. This is why supplemental calcium is likely needed for everyone despite the fact that it depletes potassium. You just got to make sure that you are getting a ton of potassium. I feel a lot better supplementing calcium, however I have to be careful to get enough potassium or else it can backfire.

OP
F

freyasam

You need bioavailable calcium to detox led because led can take the place of calcium in your body. This is why supplemental calcium is likely needed for everyone despite the fact that it depletes potassium. You just got to make sure that you are getting a ton of potassium. I feel a lot better supplementing calcium, however I have to be careful to get enough potassium or else it can backfire.
I drink 2L of milk -- wonder if that would be enough calcium to detox lead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals