World Kitchen Still Sells Visions Cookware...

marcar72

... ,and I just found out last night they sell some Pyroceram cookware too. Both are good for stovetop, oven, broiler and microwave use.

I broke the handle on my 2.5 L Saucepan last night while washing the dishes. :( So I traveled to the nearest Corning/Corelle/Revere outlet store today and got a real good deal on a 5 piece Visions set, another 2.5 L Saucepan, and a medium oven/microwave only Casserole "isk" dish right under $100.

They had like 50% off the 5 piece set, and on top of that 40% off total purchase if you bought 2 or more similiar items. That persuaded me to get the 2.5 L Saucepan. The 5 piece set has a 2.5 L Saucepan but not with a long handle.

I spoke to the sales lady about the possibility of the Visions cookware exploding during use. She said she's worked for the Corning/Corelle/Revere outlet stores for 16 years and has never had a complaint in regards to that. She felt it was just ignorant people using the "lime soda" oven/microwave use only on the stovetop, or that possible scenarios of people not following the recommended usage guidelines. (putting still hot cookware in cold water, taking cookware out of refrig and immediately putting on hot stovetop/oven/microwave, etc., etc.)

Then I hit up the J Crew outlet store and the Perfumania outlet store, and now I'm about $300 spent on goodies!! Seems like everyone is having a now until Thanksgiving sale on most of their merchandise... :D

loess

Bummer you broke the saucepan handle, but sounds like you scored some good finds! Just for the record I'm really not under the impression that the Visions cookware is extremely unsafe and didn't mean to imply that in the other thread recently. I was more making a light-hearted comment on my tendency to let my fear of potential disasters get the best of me. Anyway I think the reputation for exploding that has come up in some circles is probably some combination of consumer misuse of glass bakeware that was not made to handle direct stovetop heat, a small handful of actual instances of shattering for whatever reason, and the guy in Canada who made news a few years ago when he successfully sued Corning because he apparently lost use of a hand after his Visions dutch oven spontaneously broke into a few pieces while he was rinsing it in the sink. That last one is the one that plays over and over in my head every time I think about replacing my stainless cookware with glass. What can I say, I play too many musical instruments to not get a little freaked out about losing the use of my hands!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom