Milk: pro-dopamine or pro-serotonin?

V

valdz

A month ago, for digestive reasons, I went from eating a mix of meat-fruit-juice-gelatin-eggs-raw milk, to a diet of mostly raw goat milk and sugar, with liver and some fruit and eggs. I replaced essentially all protein with milk. I now drink a gallon of raw goat milk every day, and I walk 10,000+ steps a day along with weight lifting every other day.

Since I made this change, I have not weighed myself, but I’ve noticeably leaned out. I’ve gotten several compliments on how I’ve lost weight around my chest and midsection, and I can see the outline of abdominal muscles, whereas before I could see nothing.

Interestingly, I’ve leaned out in this way despite increasing my fat intake from 90 grams to 150 grams or so. I think the leaning out came from lowered inflammation due to easy digestibility of the raw goat milk, increased calcium, lowered phosphate, and increased movement.
That's great to hear! I also do well on raw goats milk. Recently this yr I switched to store bought cow's milk that's pasteurized and etc and wanted to see how I feel but noticed that I felt heavier and waistline increased (tried for a month). So back to raw goats milk even though its pricey. Thanks for sharing your experience.

jomamma007

For over a year now, the majority of my calories have come from milk and it has been so healing for my body. I no longer experience hypoglycemic induced adrenaline attacks, syncope episodes, anxiety and depression or extreme digestive pain, migraines and vomiting. I no longer need 3,000+ calories daily to feel satiated (I’m a tiny person) or hours in the sun to keep my vitamin D level up. My daytime temp is now consistently 99°, my blood pressure stabilized at 120/70 (was as low as 85/50), my hair has become incredibly thick and my skin went from being very inflamed/red due to chronic SIBO back to porcelain. I also regained muscle that had atrophied while following a fruitarian diet for digestive reasons, without an increase in my activity level—I weigh the same as I did on fruit, but my clothes fit much looser now, especially in my waist. I’m currently averaging a total of 4 liters a day—2 liters of raw goat’s milk and 2 liters of raw A2 certified cow’s milk.
That’s amazing. Seems milk, or dairy in general, is a hit or miss for most on the forums. How did you get rid of your sibo?

Dr. B

According to crono, goat milk is a good source of almost all your Bs.

View attachment 25576
B12 is surprisingly low, which might be questionable. Folate is a little low, but if homocysteine and CRP are in place, then it's not a problem.
Zinc and selenium might be something to take notice of. Perhaps oysters once or twice a week.
isnt 2.8mcg the rda for b12 too? should be 100% in that case...
i think cows milk btw, has like 12mcg folate per cup or something.
by crp do you mean C reactive protein?

Sefton10

For over a year now, the majority of my calories have come from milk and it has been so healing for my body. I no longer experience hypoglycemic induced adrenaline attacks, syncope episodes, anxiety and depression or extreme digestive pain, migraines and vomiting. I no longer need 3,000+ calories daily to feel satiated (I’m a tiny person) or hours in the sun to keep my vitamin D level up. My daytime temp is now consistently 99°, my blood pressure stabilized at 120/70 (was as low as 85/50), my hair has become incredibly thick and my skin went from being very inflamed/red due to chronic SIBO back to porcelain. I also regained muscle that had atrophied while following a fruitarian diet for digestive reasons, without an increase in my activity level—I weigh the same as I did on fruit, but my clothes fit much looser now, especially in my waist. I’m currently averaging a total of 4 liters a day—2 liters of raw goat’s milk and 2 liters of raw A2 certified cow’s milk.
Do you pay any attention to magnesium or make any effort to get more magnesium from other sources given the amount of calcium you will be getting from milk, Jennifer?

rei

Don't take this wrongly, but the breathing sounds in your videos display problems in posture or jaw alignment, which also is probably a result of posture. You make good content but look into why the breathing sound is so prominent.

Dr. B

where do you get these raw milks from? interesting.

Do you pay any attention to magnesium or make any effort to get more magnesium from other sources given the amount of calcium you will be getting from milk, Jennifer?

OJ, coconut water, some fruits are additional good sources. maybe meat too but that has phosphate also

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Don't take this wrongly, but the breathing sounds in your videos display problems in posture or jaw alignment, which also is probably a result of posture. You make good content but look into why the breathing sound is so prominent.
Sometimes I start talking too fast and I also made the volume louder for this one, both of which make it worse.

baccheion

Have you considered melatonin + DHEA (sustained-release)? What supplements, etc do you take? What else do you consume? How did it affect your shape? Leaner, curvier, larger/smaller anything, face shape, etc..

Dr. B

Have you considered melatonin + DHEA (sustained-release)? What supplements, etc do you take? What else do you consume? How did it affect your shape? Leaner, curvier, larger/smaller anything, face shape, etc..
whats the purpose of the melatonin and dhea, doesnt ray not like melatonin i think it increases hgh or maybe prolactin? think he mentioned it in his articles
dhea seems to cause hair loss even in the lower doses like found in cortinon. im assuming its the dhea doing it and not the progesterone.

Jennifer

Really awesome, thanks for sharing!

My pleasure, Hans. :)

That’s amazing. Seems milk, or dairy in general, is a hit or miss for most on the forums. How did you get rid of your sibo?

I struggled to tolerate milk for a decade because of the gastritis I developed from the SIBO being misdiagnosed and going untreated for years. I was finally put on Rifaximin but after the 2nd round hadn’t cleared the overgrowth, I cleared it via diet. I chose foods that were easiest for me to digest at the time and low in starch and fiber. My diet was glycine rich seafood, mainly scallops and marine gelatin, fresh pressed juice—I ran it through a coffee filter to remove as much fiber as possible—and coconut as my fat source. Later, I reintroduced milk, choosing pasteurized to reduce the bacterial load, goat’s milk for its purported gut healing properties and non-fat for ease of digestion. I didn’t yet have a fresh source so my staple was Mt. Capra’s non-fat powdered goat’s milk.

Honestly, I never worried about getting more magnesium because of all the calcium I get. I’ve always met the RDA for magnesium even when I was doing an all milk stint to heal my gut, but I do get a lot of it now, mainly from cacao nibs. I buy ones that are mycotoxin-free and brew them like coffee into a concentrate that I add to milk with some raw sugar. It’s pretty killer. :)

where do you get these raw milks from? interesting.

I get them directly from a farm about an hour from me. We have a lot of amazing, biodynamic 100% grass-based farms here in New Hampshire, but I only know of this one farm where the cows are tested and certified A2—they’re Jersey/Milking Devon crosses. I’ve been going to this particular farm for over 10 years and absolutely adore the owners. I found them after I fractured and had to give up veganism. They farm humanely, keeping the calves, kids and lambs with their mothers, something that’s important to me.

No, I haven’t considered melatonin + DHEA. I take NDT (TyroMax) and an excipient-free vitamin D3 supplement.

I list my diet in detail in my profile but it’s basically milk, goat gouda, homemade ice cream, soy-free egg yolks, raw sun-dried sugar cane juice, a variety of fruits, mainly melons, grapes and wild/heirloom berries, a variety of seasonings, coffee cherry (cáscara) tea, brewed cacao nibs and homemade soda all made with Gerolsteiner sparkling water, and homemade salt water taffy.

I gained muscle and lost fat so I’m definitely leaner, and I lost inches in my waist so I suppose I’m curvier in that regard but for my body type—I will never have curves like a Kardashian. lol I’m on the tiny side (short and under 45 kg) so even though my waist is small, it’s in proportion to my small bust and small hips. My face shape and fullness stayed the same—roundish/plump.

baccheion

whats the purpose of the melatonin and dhea, doesnt ray not like melatonin i think it increases hgh or maybe prolactin? think he mentioned it in his articles
dhea seems to cause hair loss even in the lower doses like found in cortinon. im assuming its the dhea doing it and not the progesterone.
He is against going over 1 mg. When in a fat-biased mode consuming all/only whole milk, melatonin is great (along with DHEA). Biases toward fat burning.

DHEA could cause hair loss. I suppose it all depends on how it is stacked. Seems it'd go nicely with all/only milk, as the lower estrogen state would result in more antiinflammatory rather than inflammatory metabolites.

I suppose before/after labs would clear some things up, especially to see what happens to estrogens and other hormones. I suppose someone would have to switch to all milk and then have them run, though.

Dr. B

He is against going over 1 mg. When in a fat-biased mode consuming all/only whole milk, melatonin is great (along with DHEA). Biases toward fat burning.

DHEA could cause hair loss. I suppose it all depends on how it is stacked. Seems it'd go nicely with all/only milk, as the lower estrogen state would result in more antiinflammatory rather than inflammatory metabolites.

I suppose before/after labs would clear some things up, especially to see what happens to estrogens and other hormones. I suppose someone would have to switch to all milk and then have them run, though.
prolactin and cortisol numbers come in fine when doing the tests, odd thing is I had all kinds of symptoms since supplementing iodine, and then they were exacerbated and continued after supplementing pregnenolone (life extension and pure encapsulations brand)

Vins7

Uht or pasteurized Milk didnt work for you?

Vins7

My pleasure, Hans. :)

I struggled to tolerate milk for a decade because of the gastritis I developed from the SIBO being misdiagnosed and going untreated for years. I was finally put on Rifaximin but after the 2nd round hadn’t cleared the overgrowth, I cleared it via diet. I chose foods that were easiest for me to digest at the time and low in starch and fiber. My diet was glycine rich seafood, mainly scallops and marine gelatin, fresh pressed juice—I ran it through a coffee filter to remove as much fiber as possible—and coconut as my fat source. Later, I reintroduced milk, choosing pasteurized to reduce the bacterial load, goat’s milk for its purported gut healing properties and non-fat for ease of digestion. I didn’t yet have a fresh source so my staple was Mt. Capra’s non-fat powdered goat’s milk.

Honestly, I never worried about getting more magnesium because of all the calcium I get. I’ve always met the RDA for magnesium even when I was doing an all milk stint to heal my gut, but I do get a lot of it now, mainly from cacao nibs. I buy ones that are mycotoxin-free and brew them like coffee into a concentrate that I add to milk with some raw sugar. It’s pretty killer. :)

I get them directly from a farm about an hour from me. We have a lot of amazing, biodynamic 100% grass-based farms here in New Hampshire, but I only know of this one farm where the cows are tested and certified A2—they’re Jersey/Milking Devon crosses. I’ve been going to this particular farm for over 10 years and absolutely adore the owners. I found them after I fractured and had to give up veganism. They farm humanely, keeping the calves, kids and lambs with their mothers, something that’s important to me.

No, I haven’t considered melatonin + DHEA. I take NDT (TyroMax) and an excipient-free vitamin D3 supplement.

I list my diet in detail in my profile but it’s basically milk, goat gouda, homemade ice cream, soy-free egg yolks, raw sun-dried sugar cane juice, a variety of fruits, mainly melons, grapes and wild/heirloom berries, a variety of seasonings, coffee cherry (cáscara) tea, brewed cacao nibs and homemade soda all made with Gerolsteiner sparkling water, and homemade salt water taffy.

I gained muscle and lost fat so I’m definitely leaner, and I lost inches in my waist so I suppose I’m curvier in that regard but for my body type—I will never have curves like a Kardashian. lol I’m on the tiny side (short and under 45 kg) so even though my waist is small, it’s in proportion to my small bust and small hips. My face shape and fullness stayed the same—roundish/plump.
When you cleared your sibo, did you do It only with diet changes without taking antibiótics or other meds?

PaRa

milk will lead to low dopamine if it lowers your iron too much and/or you’re sensitive to opioids

if you’re iron overloaded it may not be the case (tho iron overload is way less common than deficiency outside of the USA)

Dr. B

milk will lead to low dopamine if it lowers your iron too much and/or you’re sensitive to opioids

if you’re iron overloaded it may not be the case (tho iron overload is way less common than deficiency outside of the USA)
how does it lower iron? arent opioids an issue with only the A1 milk?

PaRa

how does it lower iron? arent opioids an issue with only the A1 milk?
Because calcium blocks iron absorption
if you do coffee and aspirin on top of it you’ll be anemic is just some weeks lol

sure opioids is less pronounced with goat/sheep/Buffalo

Dr. B

Because calcium blocks iron absorption
if you do coffee and aspirin on top of it you’ll be anemic is just some weeks lol

sure opioids is less pronounced with goat/sheep/Buffalo
if you have separate meals of milk/meat wouldnt that get rid of the iron absorption issue? or does calcium actually deplete iron from the body too.
i thought it only blocks non heme iron absorption?
i now wonder are there issues with shellfish? In old school Judaism law, they were prohibited from any kind of mixing of meat and milk. but on their own, meat and milk could be consumed. they were also prohibited from eating shellfish. do you think there's health issues with those foods.

PaRa

if you have separate meals of milk/meat wouldnt that get rid of the iron absorption issue? or does calcium actually deplete iron from the body too.
i thought it only blocks non heme iron absorption?
i now wonder are there issues with shellfish? In old school Judaism law, they were prohibited from any kind of mixing of meat and milk. but on their own, meat and milk could be consumed. they were also prohibited from eating shellfish. do you think there's health issues with those foods.

calcium prevents all forms of iron to be absorbed
coffee blocks non heme iron and seems to deplete stores too, aspirin depletes iron stores
even with separated meals, a high calcium intake will directly lowers stomach acid by buffering the acidity (and if it’s milk there is so much liquid that it dilutes it as ****) hence low iron absorption as you need high acidity to absorb minerals (mostly zinc and iron)
calcium lowers histamine too so it lowers stomach acid indirectly too

milk, meat and shellfish are all great, but mixing them will be a lottery game

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals