Milk: pro-dopamine or pro-serotonin?

PaRa

A regular breakfast of mine includes starting off with a whole orange, then a soft-boiled egg or two, some Greek yogurt with honey, bitter orange marmalade, and a couple glasses of milk, finishing with an espresso or two, and this has never caused bloating. Yesterday's orange + milk experiment, however, was done as a snack on an empty stomach. Not sure what caused it, really. I also had an espresso after the milk. Is the milk slowing down the digestion of the fiber enough to where it ferments excessively in the intestine? Why doesn't this happen if the same combination is eaten together with other food?
Fiber + milk is near always a bad ideal for me

skyr and fruit is really great, maybe even potatoes + skyr as higher salt treat
cheese go with whatever fiber you want Tho

equipoise

the ancestral supplements line offers liver which iirc is 2 or 3mg iron per ounce. they have spleen which is 12mg per ounce. they recently released a blood product which is even much more. i think even a single capsule of their blood product is like 8mg iron, its freeze dried bovine blood from new zealand cows. im not sure if theres other toxins in the blood. but that 8mg amount is basically like an iron supplement! I asked Ray about drinking blood, he said the Maasai supplement blood and do well cuz they have an iron deficient milk diet.

mate someone posted on here about milk lowering stomach acid. i wonder if that is true and explains your endotoxin stuff. if it slows stomach acid, that would automatically increase endotoxin, which means probably any fibrous item, starchy item, possibly even meat would cause issues if taken with milk. after all babies are just drinking milk not having food alongside it right. your experience with honey being fine is probably because that is anti endotoxin in itself, and is liquid sugar, instead of a fibrous fruit. do you have issues with orange juice close to milk?
its probably the calcium and stomach acid lowering effect of milk. probably, I'd imagine if you had OJ with those items you may do better since its acidic? OJ seems to go well alongside meats, starches, solid foods?
you in europe? theres got to be other brands, i imagine theres all kinds of brands there we dont have here. like local made in europe brands.

regarding that, they prohibit eating pork, which makes sense due to pufa often in it. but what about shellfish? are there risks to eating shellfish? it's one of the major allergenic ingredients alongside eggs, dairy, gluten, tree nuts, corn, soy, etc. i suspect eggs/milk are on there due to being fed with other toxic allergenic ingredients so grass fed milks should be better. i wonder if shellfish, maybe they cause issues due to the pollution in the oceans. or is it something with shellfish themselves that causes the trouble for some.
Nice one, you gave me food for thought. I'm gonna try OJ with milk when wintertime comes around again. Of course I squeeze it myself. I actually think I tried a Danny Roddy "cocktail" milk + OJ and I tolerated it great. So I think it is the extra fiber from the fruit and the alkaline mix.

Unforunately I don't have ANY good orange juice, no matter the money. It's just miles and miles away from that sweet heavenly taste of ripe Valencias for ex, that is really rejuvenating and refreshing to the both body and mind.

I avoid shellfish becuase most of the old fishermen say it's not safe anymore, and I trust them, they've been around for 80 years and the consensus is it's not safe.

Jam

Fiber + milk is near always a bad ideal for me

skyr and fruit is really great, maybe even potatoes + skyr as higher salt treat
cheese go with whatever fiber you want Tho
Yeah, well, it has to be the fiber, because I tolerate freshly squeezed OJ + milk just fine on an empty stomach. Just wonder what the mechanism is. The same combo, taken in the context of a meal with other food, causes me no issues. Perhaps not enough HCL is stimulated by just one orange + milk, and the slowed digestion (caused by the milk) is causing excess fermentation of the partially digested fibers in the gut. What kind of fiber do oranges contain again??

Sefton10

A regular breakfast of mine includes starting off with a whole orange, then a soft-boiled egg or two, some Greek yogurt with honey, bitter orange marmalade, and a couple glasses of milk, finishing with an espresso or two, and this has never caused bloating. Yesterday's orange + milk experiment, however, was done as a snack on an empty stomach. Not sure what caused it, really. I also had an espresso after the milk. Is the milk slowing down the digestion of the fiber enough to where it ferments excessively in the intestine? Why doesn't this happen if the same combination is eaten together with other food?
I never feel great after OJ and milk combined. Totally fine with them separately. Maybe the OJ/orange starts to curdle the milk before it digests.

Inaut

I never feel great after OJ and milk combined. Totally fine with them separately. Maybe the OJ/orange starts to curdle the milk before it digests.
I think this is the case for me. I get really gassy if i drink OJ to close to my milk (within an hour)

Jam

Yeah some people can't handle that combo, oh well. I just had a double frozen orange julius, sorry ;)

Jack Earth

What's your experience with milk (if you digest it well)? I always feel good after some milk. Great stuff imo!

I gained muscle mass on milk and lost a little hair but the latter could be completely coincidental. In another thread people pointed out to me that it is probably stress and being single vs being in a relationship and more relaxed.
But I've still been afraid to start milk again just in case it had something to do with it, and then Amarshs recent post made me even more hesitant.
Can you get you get the parathyroid benefits from a calcium supplement or does it have to be milk?

PaRa

I gained muscle mass on milk and lost a little hair but the latter could be completely coincidental. In another thread people pointed out to me that it is probably stress and being single vs being in a relationship and more relaxed.
But I've still been afraid to start milk again just in case it had something to do with it, and then Amarshs recent post made me even more hesitant.
Can you get you get the parathyroid benefits from a calcium supplement or does it have to be milk?
Vitamin D magnesium and calcium all will lower PTH, you balance them as you want

Dr. B

how does being in a relationship cause you to be more relaxed, those things probably depend on perspective. moreover i doubt mental stress alone will cause hair loss, it's much more likely to be toxins in food/water, certain supplements or hormones used, too much radiation exposure, vaccine exposure, tap water, etc...

Jack Earth

how does being in a relationship cause you to be more relaxed, those things probably depend on perspective. moreover i doubt mental stress alone will cause hair loss, it's much more likely to be toxins in food/water, certain supplements or hormones used, too much radiation exposure, vaccine exposure, tap water, etc...
For this thread I'm more interested if milk could possibly cause hair loss like Amarshs post. And if you can substitute milk with other things for calcium.

If you want to go deeper into the stress etc and hairloss I suggest we chat in hair section my thread is called best hair on anti DHT protocol.

Dr. B

its difficult to find organic eggs, that are also 100% grass fed or pastured.

histamine leads to high motivation drive and competitivity and libido

serotonin makes you a green plant, histamine is anti serotonin anti cortisol and anti adrenaline

histamine is really anti all those things? doesnt Ray hate it, i thought hes said histamine is pro cancer.
how do you raise histamine levels, I mean they get raised anytime you eat something allergic right. where did you find it causes high motivation and all those things...

Dr. B

Nice one, you gave me food for thought. I'm gonna try OJ with milk when wintertime comes around again. Of course I squeeze it myself. I actually think I tried a Danny Roddy "cocktail" milk + OJ and I tolerated it great. So I think it is the extra fiber from the fruit and the alkaline mix.

Unforunately I don't have ANY good orange juice, no matter the money. It's just miles and miles away from that sweet heavenly taste of ripe Valencias for ex, that is really rejuvenating and refreshing to the both body and mind.

I avoid shellfish becuase most of the old fishermen say it's not safe anymore, and I trust them, they've been around for 80 years and the consensus is it's not safe.
what was the cocktail? just OJ and fruit?

i think most OJ in the US is made from valencia. most of it tastes sour. but every organic OJ ive tried has a noticeable sweeter taste. its very clearly sweeter and better.

so no shrimp, oyster, whatever else, krill? is it pollution making it unsafe or something innately in them. i mean apparently Ray eats pork sometimes but he skims the fat and adds coconut oil? but these religions banned shellfish and pork thousands of years ago, probably before PUFA and polluted oceans...

Can foods with higher tryptophan give you a stuffy nose? Does that represent more serotonin?

Dr. B

I have been having tonnes of milk the last 6 months, and find it very nice for mood and libido. Calcium lowers prolactin, magnesium increases it.
where did you see magnesium increases prolactin? that's interesting mate... yeah calcium does lower prolactin and pth. how much milk are you drinking, and what kind

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have been having tonnes of milk the last 6 months
How much is that for you on a daily basis?
I always laugh when I look at studies and they say that the high milk groups drank like 300ml daily or something like that.
Calcium lowers prolactin, magnesium increases it.
For sure, by lowering PTH, calcium does lower prolactin.
However, I haven't seen studies showing that magnesium increases it.
On the contrary, this study found the opposite.
"Low magnesium and slightly increased (5x) magnesium (4.1 mM) did not influence prolactin secretion in either 1.8 mM or low calcium, but 10 and 20 mM magnesium inhibited secretion by 50 and 70%, respectively. Inhibition of prolactin secretion by high magnesium was reversible."

But we definitely need more human data on this.

Dr. B

How much is that for you on a daily basis?
I always laugh when I look at studies and they say that the high milk groups drank like 300ml daily or something like that.

For sure, by lowering PTH, calcium does lower prolactin.
However, I haven't seen studies showing that magnesium increases it.
On the contrary, this study found the opposite.
"Low magnesium and slightly increased (5x) magnesium (4.1 mM) did not influence prolactin secretion in either 1.8 mM or low calcium, but 10 and 20 mM magnesium inhibited secretion by 50 and 70%, respectively. Inhibition of prolactin secretion by high magnesium was reversible."

But we definitely need more human data on this.
actually I could see magnesium indirectly increasing prolactin, in people who have lower calcium intake but supplement or take in too much magnesium. magnesium in some ways is a calcium antagonist... and actually i noticed something similar from vitamin k2 mk4, if i dosed it too high it seems to cause both hair shedding and some very mild nipple tenderness... that was with the 15mg dosage of MK4. ive never noticed that effect from magnesium though, at least not supplement dosages between 100mg to 300mg.
now that i think of it there's several people getting that hair shedding effect from too much MK4. the mechanism must be due to something it does with calcium and pth.

dabdabdab

its difficult to find organic eggs, that are also 100% grass fed or pastured.

histamine is really anti all those things? doesnt Ray hate it, i thought hes said histamine is pro cancer.
how do you raise histamine levels, I mean they get raised anytime you eat something allergic right. where did you find it causes high motivation and all those things...
Histamine and dopamine have some similarities but they are definitely different, libido from. histamine is different than dopamine, it's also ADHD ocd ilke attention not productive focus
The High Dopamine & Histamine

Personality » MENELITE

K

Kayaker

Honestly, I never worried about getting more magnesium because of all the calcium I get. I’ve always met the RDA for magnesium even when I was doing an all milk stint to heal my gut, but I do get a lot of it now, mainly from cacao nibs. I buy ones that are mycotoxin-free and brew them like coffee into a concentrate that I add to milk with some raw sugar. It’s pretty killer. :)
What brand is mycotoxin-free? I purchased a bag of cacao powder and added some to milk. It made my gut react.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals