Methylene blue makes hair completely white. Why?

Lejeboca

What is a good starting dose? My bottle has a dropper top. Should we use 1 drop in water? Can't seem to find dosing info on the forum. I guess everybody knows and it's incidental. I've had a bottle for two months but afraid to use it. Thank you!
If it is a standard MB dilution in your bottle (e.g., for fish tanks, Kordon (?)) then 1drop would be ~ 1mg. Pretty safe to ingest.
For different dilutions and dosages see, e.g., Methylene Blue Bought From Aquarium-shop Ok To Use?

PeskyPeater

What is a good starting dose? My bottle has a dropper top. Should we use 1 drop in water? Can't seem to find dosing info on the forum. I guess everybody knows and it's incidental. I've had a bottle for two months but afraid to use it. Thank you!
edit
Orally, I read a revisited article on dosing MB for alzheimer apparently the lower dose of 8mg to 16mg per day oral intake was just as effective as the 60mg.

PeskyPeater

Whats seems practical for daily topical application, I think you should look at putting 1 full dropper ~1ml [ca. 0.023 gram MB] in 1000ml water, and then use 1 ml full dropper [ca. 23 microgram] of that dilution per area on the body, this should not stain it blue.

Birdie

If it is a standard MB dilution in your bottle (e.g., for fish tanks, Kordon (?)) then 1drop would be ~ 1mg. Pretty safe to ingest.
For different dilutions and dosages see, e.g., Methylene Blue Bought From Aquarium-shop Ok To Use?
Yes, thanks Leje, that sounds reasonable at least for non-seniors. I got a reply saying to use caution with Parkinson's. So I can dilute it. I think we'll try a morning dose putting a drop into a glass container and add 1 teaspoon water. Then use a dropper for one drop and look for any reaction. But first I'll read all the MB comments on the forum!
For some reason MB makes me nervous.

Dr. B

Yes, thanks Leje, that sounds reasonable at least for non-seniors. I got a reply saying to use caution with Parkinson's. So I can dilute it. I think we'll try a morning dose putting a drop into a glass container and add 1 teaspoon water. Then use a dropper for one drop and look for any reaction. But first I'll read all the MB comments on the forum!
For some reason MB makes me nervous.
it was commented earlier or on another thread its a mao inhibitor so can increase serotonin, any anti depressant or pro serotonin thing will probably boost anxiety

Ell

Hi guys, i have noticed something strange.
When i use MB directly on my hair (4mg) before shower, keeping it 10 minutes, after 2 days i have some white hair all over my head.
And then they start to fall off, all of them.
Anyone knows why this happen?

Wow, are you saying that only certain hairs are affected by it, but not all hairs ?

PopSocket

Guys , I need a bit of help to figure out what this means:

From this study:

Methylene blue improves mitochondrial respiration and decreases oxidative stress in a substrate-dependent manner in diabetic rat hearts

"Interestingly, methylene blue elicited a significant increase in H2O2 release in the presence of complex I substrates (glutamate and malate), but had an opposite effect in mitochondria energized with complex II substrate (succinate)."

Does that mean that supplementing enough succinic acid will help with h2o2 production and graying of hair ? And how much enough would mean theoretically ?

Also, if one is using MB topically , would it be a good idea to add some succinic acid in the mix ?

What do you think ?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals