Is the time urine stays blue after Methylene blue exposure indicative of MB activity?

tasfarelel

Hi All,

I realized in several months of using 20mg/day of methylene blue that the degree of the blue color of the urine is highly dependent on some supplements and likely overall stress.

When I ingest 10 g of baking soda several hours after the 20mg methylene blue, my urine turns within 1h from blue to normal color. Without backing soda, the urine would stay blue (slowly decreasing) for several more hours. I know baking soda reduces MB, but I’m surprised this would also happen inside the body.

Does anyone know if the MB is still active in the tissue? Does the reduced MB form have similar effects on the mitochondria?

As a side note - apart from baking soda, I observed that on a few days, I need 40mg to get to the same level of blue urine color, and sometimes the color is greenish instead of blue. I guess this is related to the overall state of my body and some of the supplements I’m taking with their various antioxidant/pro-oxidant activities. I would like to understand this better but didn’t find the time to see if there are any scientific studies around this. In think that the urine color after MB exposure could be a dose-dependent biomarker for some health-related aspects.

JohnHafterson

I would do a methylene blue search here at bioenergetic.life and see if you can find in shows.

I had blue urine recently with a dose of 2.5mg twice daily during an infection - the state of my metabolism is not stellar so I don't think it was a sign that I was in an optimal metabolic state probably more to the picture.

I normally only take 400-800mcg if/when I remember.

OP
tasfarelel

tasfarelel

I see, thanks for your perspective - very valuable info. Maybe I judged my overall health state wrongly when my urine was turning blue from smaller doses. Or maybe there is no correlation after all. I will continue to observe.

Here in the forum I searched. I will check bioenergetic.life

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think a good objective test would be the methylene blue test we talked about. I have been seeing results from very healthy, young people where their urine turns blue even from very low doses MB. Some sick people I know cannot get their urine blue even from 50mg - 100mg oral doses MB. Don't you think that would be suggestive of high lactate - i.e. the quick utilization of MB and thus all of it gets quickly reduced and gets excreted colorless? If CO2 levels are high, tissue oxygen saturation is also high and methylene blue is not needed to function as an alternative electron acceptor, so the MB gets excreted unreduced and in its original blue color. Anything wrong with that reasoning?
This gives me the impression that it’s a good sign.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Btw, my urine used to hardly ever turn blue but in the last couple of years it’s blue tinted every time I take MB.

OP
tasfarelel

tasfarelel

Nice, your experience adds to evidence that the less MB you need to see in the urine, the better are some health-related parameters.

Else, to my other point - it is a bit annoying to assume that backing soda reduces the MB already absorbed in the blood. I would use baking soda daily because I'm using it as a pre-workout supplement (it works great).

LadyRae

Oh great, my urine hardly ever changes color, even to a light green, no matter how much methylene blue I take....😐

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals