Mercury Off The Charts

OP
Locutus

Locutus

@Spud

I was working on my gut for a few months now and I took a recent test. The results were bretty good.
Wanna see?

Sluggish liver? I have no idea.

I should get blood work from my GP which includes thyroid and liver panel right?

@mostlylurking

Roger that. So a well functioning optimized thyroid can potentially handle all the heavy metal detoxing I need? Even for mercury specifically?
Mercury and lead are my issues but more so mercury. In your case, you were aware of both mercury and lead but went about tackling mercury first by design right?

Spud

Surviving and doing the least amount of damage are, unfortunately, not the same. It's fairly well agreed upon that low and slow is the best method for detoxing metals. As you saw with high dose chelators, the blood and urine mercury levels rise significantly. Your body ca only remove so much at any one time and as a result, any mercury that is stirred up, that is not excreted, deposits back into the soft tissues and unfortunately its preference is for fatty tissues like the brain.

Last edited:

Spud

You can search around here for what a sluggish liver may look like. For some, its inability to digest fats which may present with symptoms of fat soluble vitamin deficiency. For others it can be liver pain and for others it may be that they can't tolerate things like alcohol or caffeine. Can also present as gut dysbiosis or changes in stool consistency.

Interpreting your test results for your gut is not something I would be able to do as I have never seen one before. Rather than results of a test I would go off how you feel. Things like stool regularity and consistency, reactions to certain foods, bloating or pain?

Last edited:
OP
Locutus

Locutus

I've been going crazy researching and its overwhelming.

At this point, I will try this protocol since the doc insists he's seen toxicity tons of times and this actually works...
He did fix my gut too.

I asked about selenium and it turns out he has another product...

Ingredients:

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 500 mg
Vitamin E 47 IU
(d-gamma tocopherol 90 mg; d-delta tocopherol 37.5 mg; d-alpha tocopherol 20 mg; d-beta tocopherol 2.5 mg)
Biotin (as d-Biotin) 150 mcg
Zinc (TRAACS® Zinc Glycinate Chelate) 15 mg
Selenium (as Selenomethionine) 100 mcg
Manganese (TRAACS® Manganese Glycinate Chelate) 3 mg
Molybdenum (TRAACS® molybdenum glycinate chelate) 100 mcg
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) 250 mg
Leucine 150 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 90 mg
Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) (leaves) 50 mg
[standardized to contain 50% EGCg and 90% polyphenols]
Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) 50 mg
[standardized to contain 95% curcuminoids]
Leucoselect® Phytosome® 50 mg
Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera)
(oligomeric proanthocyanidins from grape seed complexed with phosphatidylcholine)

I will start slow and increment with the smallest steps possible.

W-w-wish me luck :|

Spud

Problem is, you can get all the ingredients in products seperate, for a cheaper price and can dose them as you like.

I would still watch some of Dr Chris Shades videos on the subject before taking the plunge.

OP
Locutus

Locutus

I decided to go with selenium and NAC.
200mcg selenium and 1500mg NAC 2x a day on empty stomach.
400mcg selenium seems to be considered a safe upper limit and some studies used 3000mg of NAC.

Rationale:
NAC will aid to detox lead and everything generally.
I heard that selenium binds to mercury rendering it inert.
The bond is super strong and will persist forever. So I don't have to worry about half lives as emphasized by Cutler protocol.
@Spud provided a paper where the treatment was more effective in helping a patient with acute elemental mercury toxicity than traditional chelation interventions.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24734306.2017.1392076
The guy got better. Not worse before he got better. (Although it could not really get much worse for him.)
I'm tired of treatments that make you worse before you get better where you wonder if the better part will ever come.
Selenium is in the brain so I assume it can cross the BBB.

Ever since I started Peating I gained some weight but nothing very dramatic and my sleep is a bit worse but despite worse sleep my brain works better.
Intuitively, I think it relates to the toxicity and an upregulation in my bodies efforts to detox, which is not optimal right now.
So I started this protocol and I'm just a few days in. I am not overtly ill and I hope the insomnia get better quick.
Insomnia is my most bothersome symptom...

As an aside, can anyone recommend a good gummy candy brand, Peat approved? It will help me through the detox :)

Any feedback is most welcome.

Spud

@Locutus

Sounds like a sounds plan, however I would stress using an intestinal binder with that combinations still. Using NAC and selenium increases mercury excretion through the liver and as such there is a fair chance or re absorption in the intestine from mercury excreted in the bile. IMD by Chris Shade and Metal Sweep by BioPure are the go to for this.

On a side note, NAC doses starting that high may have some undesired effects as it is a biofilm inhibitor. If you feel like hell, lower the dose and increase gradually.

OP
Locutus

Locutus

@Locutus

Sounds like a sounds plan, however I would stress using an intestinal binder with that combinations still. Using NAC and selenium increases mercury excretion through the liver and as such there is a fair chance or re absorption in the intestine from mercury excreted in the bile. IMD by Chris Shade and Metal Sweep by BioPure are the go to for this.

On a side note, NAC doses starting that high may have some undesired effects as it is a biofilm inhibitor. If you feel like hell, lower the dose and increase gradually.
Thanks for all your feedback and help @Spud.

I just ordered this stuff:

Quicksilver Scientific Ultra Binder - with Bentonite Clay + Activated Charcoal (120 Grams)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074MG2HRS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

T

TheBeard

@Spud you seem to know a ton about ACC.
I joined the fb group a month ago after my hair test came back showing high mercury and high aluminium.

I've read the whole advice section, the do's and don't's, currently reading the book Andrew wrote with Rebecca Lee, and just received my ALA bulk powder that I'm encapsulating. Did a bite wing scan last week, no amalgam left and no specks.

I'm about to start chelating with ALA only.

Have you had yourself any experience with chelation?

Ell

I took a heavy metals test (urine test after taking some substance which is supposed to pull metals out of tissue). It said mercury should be less than 3 and mine was 23. It was described to me as off the charts high. I don't have amalgam fillings and I never ate a ton of fish so I am not sure of where it came from. I even willfully avoided all vaccines for years now. This is likely a massive source of my difficulties? What do?

I used iodine, that was back in '07. Works like a champ. The urine during the first week... yuck.

Ell

What was your protocol for the iodine?
I2 supplementation is "high-tech' relative to most others, but is still easy enough that a common person can do it. One resource I'd say +++ things about is a book by Lynnie Farrow called "The iodine crisis". She survived breast Canc. twice, and details the details. In my personal instance, I ingested 3.0 grams of KI, followed by a couple big glasses of h2o. For most people, gram doses of iodides is no big deal, as even evidenced in the PDR, for the product PIMA(TM) syrup, which gives even a child, supra-gram doses of KI daily. So I figured if a kid could do it, so could I, because I'm just a big kid. I always made sure my Se stores were good, by eating Brasil nuts daily a long time. What happens if you take a person off the street and give them a huge slug of KI, their TSH will go up. This is because of increased pituitary and "sodium-iodine symporter" increased production, and the elevated TSH will last 4 - 6 months. During this time, if one presents to the "typical endocrinologist", those people have been trained to wrongfully interpret the temporary elevated TSH from sudden sufficient iodine ingestion as a hypo-T-ism, when in fact it is not. Increased ascorbate is strongly associated with NaI symporter production. Great stuff, iodine !! The btch is, you get ahrythmiaas, b/c the mercury is being mobilized, but they were transitory and weak.

inthedark

I2 supplementation is "high-tech' relative to most others, but is still easy enough that a common person can do it. One resource I'd say +++ things about is a book by Lynnie Farrow called "The iodine crisis". She survived breast Canc. twice, and details the details. In my personal instance, I ingested 3.0 grams of KI, followed by a couple big glasses of h2o. For most people, gram doses of iodides is no big deal, as even evidenced in the PDR, for the product PIMA(TM) syrup, which gives even a child, supra-gram doses of KI daily. So I figured if a kid could do it, so could I, because I'm just a big kid. I always made sure my Se stores were good, by eating Brasil nuts daily a long time. What happens if you take a person off the street and give them a huge slug of KI, their TSH will go up. This is because of increased pituitary and "sodium-iodine symporter" increased production, and the elevated TSH will last 4 - 6 months. During this time, if one presents to the "typical endocrinologist", those people have been trained to wrongfully interpret the temporary elevated TSH from sudden sufficient iodine ingestion as a hypo-T-ism, when in fact it is not. Increased ascorbate is strongly associated with NaI symporter production. Great stuff, iodine !! The btch is, you get ahrythmiaas, b/c the mercury is being mobilized, but they were transitory and weak.
Thanks for the detailed reply! How often did you take this 3 gram dose and for how long?

Ell

I took the high doses over a month. I would do it say, 3X in one day, then do nothing for the next two days. I tend to move slowly, same as in "love", lol. Two weeks or so, "high dose" with interruptions, then take nothing for a couple days. I drank a lot of beer also, b/c I was using the thio groups in the hops as a binder. So it was a good excuse to drink a lot of beer, which also provided for a lot of urine volume. Here is a secret maybe, it is that bromide from commercial bread and other sources will subsitute into where iodine is supposed to go.. The curious people will look up the word "bromism" and given that the avg. American's intake of Br is about 70 mg per day, we can only wonder how many of the people with mental issues, really are just cases of undiagnosed bromism..... but then the "prescription" is for an "anti-depressant". When in reality, iodine kicks bromide out of the body. So in addition to de-toxing mercury, iodine also boots bromide. For the Br, it doesn't go out of the body readily, it hangs up in the kidney. To get it off, flush the system with chloride, 5g teaspoon of NaCl a couple times a day. haha, I drink salt all the time, today about 7 g mix 50/50 kcl/NaCl. We neeeeed salt for the chloride !!! Age 61, my bp is 115/74 regularly, DEXA scan 0.4 SD better than an avg. 25 y.o. and I even ennjoy smoking regularly and coffee , hahaha.

inthedark

I took the high doses over a month. I would do it say, 3X in one day, then do nothing for the next two days. I tend to move slowly, same as in "love", lol. Two weeks or so, "high dose" with interruptions, then take nothing for a couple days. I drank a lot of beer also, b/c I was using the thio groups in the hops as a binder. So it was a good excuse to drink a lot of beer, which also provided for a lot of urine volume. Here is a secret maybe, it is that bromide from commercial bread and other sources will subsitute into where iodine is supposed to go.. The curious people will look up the word "bromism" and given that the avg. American's intake of Br is about 70 mg per day, we can only wonder how many of the people with mental issues, really are just cases of undiagnosed bromism..... but then the "prescription" is for an "anti-depressant". When in reality, iodine kicks bromide out of the body. So in addition to de-toxing mercury, iodine also boots bromide. For the Br, it doesn't go out of the body readily, it hangs up in the kidney. To get it off, flush the system with chloride, 5g teaspoon of NaCl a couple times a day. haha, I drink salt all the time, today about 7 g mix 50/50 kcl/NaCl. We neeeeed salt for the chloride !!! Age 61, my bp is 115/74 regularly, DEXA scan 0.4 SD better than an avg. 25 y.o. and I even ennjoy smoking regularly and coffee , hahaha.
Thanks again. One last question: what form were you taking the Iodine? Was it PIMA syrup? I can’t seem to find any vendors for it in canada.

Ell

Thanks for the detailed reply! How often did you take this 3 gram dose and for how long?
I responded above but let me add, that Szent-Gyorgyi was on to this, and recommended that serum levels of 10(^-4) mM of I2 is optimal, and to achieve this 1.0 g of KI was necessary in an avg. person. I think it was in "Bioenergetics"

Ell

Thanks again. One last question: what form were you taking the Iodine? Was it PIMA syrup? I can’t seem to find any vendors for it in canada.
Its Darwinian. Those who can get the iodine, will survive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals