· Dash measuring spoon = 1/8 tsp
· Smidgen measuring spoon = 1/32 tsp
· 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup
· 1 gallon measuring container
· Brita filter - pitcher style
· Spatula for leveling
· Stirring utensil
Steps:
1. Add 1 level dash & 2 level smidgens of sodium silicate to a one-cup Pyrex container
2. Add 1/8 cup of tap water to the one-cup Pyrex measuring container
3. Heat the contents of the Pyrex measuring cup to boiling and boil for at least 30 seconds
4. Dilute immediately with a small amount of unheated tap water
5. Pour all the contents of the Pyrex measuring cup into a 1 gallon container
6. Fill the 1 gallon container with unheated tap water to the 1 gallon mark on the container
7. Add 1 level dash of sodium bisulfate to the one gallon container
8. Stir the mixture thoroughly and then filter the mixture through a Brita filter pitcher
9. After filtering, add 2 level smidgens of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to the mixture
10. Stir Silicade to dissolve the baking soda
11. Enjoy the health benefits of drinking Silicade!
Silicade can be stored indefinitely in the dark at room temperature or in a refrigerator.
Thank you for posting this. I'm a little confused. Do you know the purpose of the sodium bisulfate? Do you know the purpose of the baking soda? I assume the point of the baking soda is to alkalize the water. My well water is pretty hard (lime/alkaline) so I'd like to know what the end pH is supposed to be.

Dave Clark

Thank you for posting this. I'm a little confused. Do you know the purpose of the sodium bisulfate? Do you know the purpose of the baking soda? I assume the point of the baking soda is to alkalize the water. My well water is pretty hard (lime/alkaline) so I'd like to know what the end pH is supposed to be.
The sodium silicate is alkaline, so after adding that, you have to acidify the water with the sodium bisulfate, and then the baking soda brings the alkalinity up closer to a neutral Ph. I usually double the baking soda to bring the PH closer to 7, but one smidgeon {1/32 tsp} is fine. You can also add trace minerals or calcium and magnesium to the water if you like. But, the bisulfate is needed to acidify the water.

mostlylurking

The sodium silicate is alkaline, so after adding that, you have to acidify the water with the sodium bisulfate, and then the baking soda brings the alkalinity up closer to a neutral Ph. I usually double the baking soda to bring the PH closer to 7, but one smidgeon {1/32 tsp} is fine. You can also add trace minerals or calcium and magnesium to the water if you like. But, the bisulfate is needed to acidify the water.
OK. Thanks for the info. Have you been doing this for long?

Dave Clark

OK. Thanks for the info. Have you been doing this for long?
About 6 months. I haven't done any testing for aluminum, more of a leap of faith. I know that my cognitive functioning seems good, so maybe some of the metals are coming out, hard to say. After many decades of ingestion from sources like you see in that link, it probably takes awhile to reduce the levels. I found it interesting that Dennis Crouse's mother's Alzheimers stopped progression after he got her drinking the water, as confirmed by her doctors.

mostlylurking

About 6 months. I haven't done any testing for aluminum, more of a leap of faith. I know that my cognitive functioning seems good, so maybe some of the metals are coming out, hard to say. After many decades of ingestion from sources like you see in that link, it probably takes awhile to reduce the levels. I found it interesting that Dennis Crouse's mother's Alzheimers stopped progression after he got her drinking the water, as confirmed by her doctors.
I've been high dosing thiamine hcl for about 8 months now. I've read that thiamine helps detox the body from heavy metals but I don't know much about that. I've also read that thiamine deficiency causes the blood/brain barrier to become compromised. I've noticed that my metal state is vastly improved since last fall (when I had symptoms of severe thiamine deficiency/functional blockage). I do not know if this has anything to do with heavy metal issues or not.

Dave Clark

I've been high dosing thiamine hcl for about 8 months now. I've read that thiamine helps detox the body from heavy metals but I don't know much about that. I've also read that thiamine deficiency causes the blood/brain barrier to become compromised. I've noticed that my metal state is vastly improved since last fall (when I had symptoms of severe thiamine deficiency/functional blockage). I do not know if this has anything to do with heavy metal issues or not.
Sounds like you would be addressing the right things by improving glucose metabolism and chelating aluminum:
When I review all the things that have aluminum in it that we consume, plus the fact that even low levels are neurotoxic, I believe aluminum toxicity is under-appreciated.

mostlylurking

Sounds like you would be addressing the right things by improving glucose metabolism and chelating aluminum:
When I review all the things that have aluminum in it that we consume, plus the fact that even low levels are neurotoxic, I believe aluminum toxicity is under-appreciated.
I ordered the book; I'm interested in the topic. I'm also concerned about the possibility of the dissolved silica reforming crystals once ingested.

If it's true that there are nano particles of aluminum in the chem trails then we all are in big trouble.

A quick search yields LOTS of articles.

"As evidenced by voluminous rainwater sample lab reports (ch 1), chemtrails have been shown to consist significantly of aluminum oxide." Chemtrails Exposed: Biological Impacts | SGT Report

Dr. B

would silicon dioxide help even though it isnt the food form
which things have aluminum? doesnt it have to be added to foods as a filler?

mostlylurking

Thanks for the link to the article; I need to go back and study it more; it is a long and interesting one.

I found the quote below in another article: Molecular Expressions: Science, Optics & You - Olympus MIC-D: Polarized Light Gallery - Thiamine (Vitamin B-1)

"Antagonists of vitamin B-1 include coffee, tea, raw fish, betel nuts, while vitamins B-12, B-6, niacin, and pantothenic acid are synergists. Heavy metal poisoning is typically characterized by symptoms common with thiamine deficiency since metals, such as arsenic or lead, block a crucial metabolic step converting thiamine to its coenzyme form."

This quote explains volumes about what happened to my family of origin. All three children (including me) were subjected to multiple mercury amalgam fillings to fill the cavities caused by the PUFA (Wesson oil and margarine) added to the food our mother cooked in the Club Aluminum pans and fed us. Both of my siblings succumbed to mental incapacitation in their late teens. My father started showing signs of Alzheimer's when he was in his early 70's. My mother died of brain cancer at 76. My father died of Alzheimer's at 95. I'm 71 and still plugging along and am doing remarkably well on the high dose thiamine.

Dave Clark

would silicon dioxide help even though it isnt the food form
which things have aluminum? doesnt it have to be added to foods as a filler?
I am not aa silica expert. but my understanding is that silicon dioxide isn't soluble and will not absorb well, but if it is in nano form, it could get into the bloodstream and settle out in organs, tissues, etc. I could be wrong about that. But, when silica is in the orthosilicic acid form, OSA, it is soluble and can be used by the body without creating crystals in joints, for instance. I would do some additional research if you are on the fence about it.

Mossy

Hi Dave, do you use a pH meter to determine your final pH level? I ask because I see Dr. Crouse recommends to calibrate the meter using a pH 7 solution, but the meter I ordered does not come with that: it has pH 4.00, pH 6.86, and pH 9.18.

I thought maybe you could give me some insight to this, if you happened to use you.

Dave Clark

Hi Dave, do you use a pH meter to determine your final pH level? I ask because I see Dr. Crouse recommends to calibrate the meter using a pH 7 solution, but the meter I ordered does not come with that: it has pH 4.00, pH 6.86, and pH 9.18.

I thought maybe you could give me some insight to this, if you happened to use you.
Well, you should calibrate a Ph meter based on the range of Ph you are expecting to achieve. In other words, your water will be in the 7 range, so calibrating in 4 or 9 isn't as important as calibrating in the 7 range. I think Crouse said his final water was something like around 6.7, but I like mine to be closer to neutral 7, so I add a bit more sodium bicarbonate in the end. You can also add other things like calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc. to bring up the Ph, depends what you want in the water. I have no problem with sodium, so a bit more baking soda is inexpensive and buffers the water good. Having said that, I believe the 6.86 is close enough to 7 for calibrating. The calibrating is just to make sure the unit is reading a Ph correctly and adjust internally, etc. So, when you calibrate for the 6.86, you are calibrating accuracy for the range of 7, for all intents and purposes, since that number is essentially 6.9, which is very close to 7 Ph.
So, if you had to not calibrate any, and just pick one, the 6.86 would be the one getting you accurate in the neutral range. Hope that helps.

Mossy

Well, you should calibrate a Ph meter based on the range of Ph you are expecting to achieve. In other words, your water will be in the 7 range, so calibrating in 4 or 9 isn't as important as calibrating in the 7 range. I think Crouse said his final water was something like around 6.7, but I like mine to be closer to neutral 7, so I add a bit more sodium bicarbonate in the end. You can also add other things like calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc. to bring up the Ph, depends what you want in the water. I have no problem with sodium, so a bit more baking soda is inexpensive and buffers the water good. Having said that, I believe the 6.86 is close enough to 7 for calibrating. The calibrating is just to make sure the unit is reading a Ph correctly and adjust internally, etc. So, when you calibrate for the 6.86, you are calibrating accuracy for the range of 7, for all intents and purposes, since that number is essentially 6.9, which is very close to 7 Ph.
So, if you had to not calibrate any, and just pick one, the 6.86 would be the one getting you accurate in the neutral range. Hope that helps.
Indeed, that is helpful; and was my hunch—that 6.86 is close enough. For future calibrating of the meter I’ll buy the 7 pH solution.

I’m going to aim for 7.7 pH for my silicaide, as that is Fiji water’s natural level and I think it tastes good.

I did order the calcium and magnesium, but not the potassium.

I appreciate the detailed answer. Thank you.