Meat Replacement Quorn Better Than Isolated Protein Powders In Building Muscle?

OP
RobertJM

RobertJM

Just another reminder that food is anabolic, even if it is soy PUFA ladened junk!

Isolated casein and whey performed under par in comparison (when taken with water).

matisvijs

I interpreted it differently - you would strongly deplete glycogen stores during a workout, so the reason the ' meat replacement' was more effective was that it contained carbs, as they mentioned, so that would replete some of the glycogen and let the protein actually go to repairing the muscle, while the whey and casein was supplemented with absolutely no carbohydrate. This would mean that, in order to replete the depleted glycogen stores, a good part the pure protein (whey and casein) would be turned into glucose, to sustain energy production, instead of muscle rapair/growth. I would bet that if they added a good amount of sugar to the whey/casein, it would beat the soy stuff quiet easy, in terms of anabolism. Soy is a pretty weak igf-1/insulin stimulator compared to dairy protein.

ShotTrue

I interpreted it differently - you would strongly deplete glycogen stores during a workout, so the reason the ' meat replacement' was more effective was that it contained carbs, as they mentioned, so that would replete some of the glycogen and let the protein actually go to repairing the muscle, while the whey and casein was supplemented with absolutely no carbohydrate. This would mean that, in order to replete the depleted glycogen stores, a good part the pure protein (whey and casein) would be turned into glucose, to sustain energy production, instead of muscle rapair/growth. I would bet that if they added a good amount of sugar to the whey/casein, it would beat the soy stuff quiet easy, in terms of anabolism. Soy is a pretty weak igf-1/insulin stimulator compared to dairy protein.
That’s why I like sour gummy worms pwo

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals