Man Goes Anti-Peat And Demonstrates Results From 20's To Mid 40

Drareg

I think that most angry hateful people I know who like to start drama are people who never/rarely eat and when they do it's like non-food items, like wine and granola bars.

There are huge issues with alcohol,cannabis,junk food and a host of other dodgy practices in threads with gbolduev supporters and with those claiming they tried everything Peat recommends but nothing works,the alcohol problem is repackaged into a love of red wine and it's social,cannabis is spiritual and junk food is just once and a while,if your health is that sensitive as some claim perhaps realising 1 bottle of red wine per week sets you back a long way ( 1 bottle which is a moderate guess) same with Macdonalds junk food,the modern day versions of this stuff are toxic and will,stay in the system for days,buts it's all Peat fault.
By all means do your alcohol,cannabis and eat Mac'y D's but what be a an arrogant toxic fool and deny they are doing this? The slips are all over their previous posts.

alywest

You sound like your in love with your self to be fair,in a capitalist society business setting people will eat their young to get ahead so it's a given they will pass compliments of youth to anyone who is trying hard to appear young.
I know of some people who have different compliments for different social classes,all in the name of selling and getting their money.

You look late 40's, I don't see why this is an issue,you and in particular gbolduev have an obsession for looking younger,gbolduev continually projects an anti aging diet onto Peat for example,it sounds like both of you have deep insecurities about age,it could be because of not achieving goals the cliched capitalist expectations at this particular age,house,kids,money,women etc I wouldn't leave said goals get you down,you also have a drop of hormones around now probably made worse by gbolduevs protocol.
What normally coincides with lust for youth is obsession with weight which would explain the obsesison to fast/starve yourself.
:nailedit

J

James IV

You sound like your in love with your self to be fair,in a capitalist society business setting people will eat their young to get ahead so it's a given they will pass compliments of youth to anyone who is trying hard to appear young.
I know of some people who have different compliments for different social classes,all in the name of selling and getting their money.

You look late 40's, I don't see why this is an issue,you and in particular gbolduev have an obsession for looking younger,gbolduev continually projects an anti aging diet onto Peat for example,it sounds like both of you have deep insecurities about age,it could be because of not achieving goals the cliched capitalist expectations at this particular age,house,kids,money,women etc I wouldn't leave said goals get you down,you also have a drop of hormones around now probably made worse by gbolduevs protocol.
What normally coincides with lust for youth is obsession with weight which would explain the obsesison to fast/starve yourself.

Interesting you gathered all that from a tiny, poorly lit, side profile pic, and a few posts about nutrition.

Well I guess as I sit here with my 8 egg seafood omelette topped with sour cream and guacamole, 1/4lbs of bacon, 1lb of vegetables glistening with butter, 2 apples with almond butter, and 1/2lbs of grapes... I'll contemplate my obsession with myself. :)

B

Braveheart

Interesting you gathered all that from a tiny, poorly lit, side profile pic, and a few posts about nutrition.

Well I guess as I sit here with my 8 egg seafood omelette topped with sour cream and guacamole, 1/4lbs of bacon, 1lb of vegetables glistening with butter, 2 apples with almond butter, and 1/2lbs of grapes... I'll contemplate my obsession with myself. :)
lol

Drareg

It's potentially the cause of the obsession friend,you are what you eat.

Drareg

You sound like you think you know so much. Your arrogance is not appealing at all.

I'm sorry if it appears that way but mirroring back the arrogance these guys have shown in relation to Peat and other members is the main goal.
The claims of understanding what Peat talks about and attacking straw mans to pump themselves is not appealing imo.

alywest

So you eat all the food but you will sit there and humor a guy like gbolduev why? Because he appealed to your ego and its need to look young? I think the thing that has really riled me up about this thread is people's willingness to throw Dr. Peat under the bus because some blowhard decided he is the "new expert" when in reality, he is just riding on PEat's coattails by using a forum dedicated to understanding Peat to garnish some sort of following. He knows that if he started his own forum only about 5 people would show up so he's picking off the people who are wishy washy in their commitment to following through anyway. Pathetic. Shame on you for not standing up to him. Ray Peat has dedicated his life to helping others by contradicting some very powerful players in the world and he's asked little, if anything, in return. I think the least anyone can do is defend the man when he's being attacked by someone who is clearly struggling with basic envy.

J

James IV

So you eat all the food but you will sit there and humor a guy like gbolduev why? Because he appealed to your ego and its need to look young? I think the thing that has really riled me up about this thread is people's willingness to throw Dr. Peat under the bus because some blowhard decided he is the "new expert" when in reality, he is just riding on PEat's coattails by using a forum dedicated to understanding Peat to garnish some sort of following. He knows that if he started his own forum only about 5 people would show up so he's picking off the people who are wishy washy in their commitment to following through anyway. Pathetic. Shame on you for not standing up to him. Ray Peat has dedicated his life to helping others by contradicting some very powerful players in the world and he's asked little, if anything, in return. I think the least anyone can do is defend the man when he's being attacked by someone who is clearly struggling with basic envy.

I don't feel need to defend anyone. I'm here to learn, not take sides. I don't agree with many of the people in this forum on a number of things, but I appreciate their perspective and information. I do not believe in the least that Ray would want everyone to follow him blindly, and not have varying perspectives. If you will actually read my posts without emotion, you will see I never said anything personal about Dr Peat, I've never said anything personal about any member, despite repeated attacks and assumptions about myself. I've also never said anyone was right or wrong, I have stated over and over that a person needs to listen to their own bodies feedback, rather than any guru. I do agree with some approaches more than others, based on my own experience, likely the same way you agree with some approaches more than others.

I don't need anyone to defend me or stroke my ego. I'm very comfortable with where I am at in my life and my health. I am not on Gbold's side, but I do think many people may benefit from his perspective. Im not concerned whether I like someone or not, I am not into judging strangers on the internet, I just care about information.

I've been here a long time, and I actually work with people everyday, in real life, and I have been for over a decade. So I apologize if my experiences and perspectives upset you, but I think sharing observational information, from work with real life people, is incredibly valuable. It has been for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

alywest

I don't feel need to defend anyone. I'm here to learn, not take sides. I don't agree with many of the people in this forum on a number of things, but I appreciate their perspective and information. I do not believe in the least that Ray would want everyone to follow him blindly, and not have varying perspectives. If you will actually read my posts without emotion, you will see I never said anything personal about Dr Peat, I've never said anything personal about any member, despite repeated attacks and assumptions about myself. I've also never said anyone was right or wrong, I have stated over and over that a person needs to listen to their own bodies feedback, rather than any guru. I do agree with some approaches more than others, based on my own experience, likely the same way you agree with some approaches more than others.

I don't need anyone to defend me or stroke my ego. I'm very comfortable with where I am at in my life and my health. I am not on Gbold's side, but I do think many people may benefit from his perspective. Im not concerned whether I like someone or not, I am not into judging strangers on the internet, I just care about information.

I've been here a long time, and I actually work with people everyday, in real life, and I have been for over a decade. So I apologize if my experiences and perspectives upset you, but I think sharing observational information, from work with real life people, is incredibly valuable. It has been for me.

OK well I'm sorry for writing what I did. I don't expect you or anyone else to share the same viewpoint as me. I'm not the authority on what people should do. No hard feelings.

InChristAlone

@gbolduev What do the elderly people around you look like? Serious question. I think Peat looks great compared to the average person I see around me of his age. He has no turkey neck, hardly any wrinkles, thick hair. I bet some of the people that are critical of Peats appearance have less hair than him.

The 80 years olds around me they aren't dead are demented, forgetful, unable to walk distance without oxygen, sagging, wrinkled skin. His memory recall is absolutely astounding as well. He's clearly doing something right
+1 he looks amazing for his age.

J

James IV

OK well I'm sorry for writing what I did. I don't expect you or anyone else to share the same viewpoint as me. I'm not the authority on what people should do. No hard feelings.

None at all.

OldMan

This guy on Reddit has posted some interesting results, going anti-Peat, eating beans and omega-3, posting positive results.

How I stayed fit from my 20s into my mid-40s • r/Fitness
With all due respect to the guy on reddit he looks in shape however hes only 45...... Ray says that problems start in the 40s..... it will be the next 10 15 years that will tell the tale. Eating beans omega 3 and being anti peat over the next decade would be foolhearty and a big mistake. I am 57. I still have a 30 waist. Im 160lbs and Im 5'10. Take it from me.

duckfoot

I agree with OldMan. The fitness guy looks great for 45, but this is nothing we haven't seen before. Arnold was 43-44 years old when he filmed Terminator 2. I've seen many people make it to their mid-40s on low-carb/bodybuilder diets with very little visible signs of aging. I started to see signs in these people in their early 50s. It's possible Ray Peat's recommendations can get you 5-10 more years than a low-carb diet, I'm not sure. Ray himself, started off like everyone else, and had to go thru trial and error to discover his diet principles, and he was probably well into middle age when he finally figured out the main ideas

What I'm convinced of though, is that if you have cancer, listening to Peat and avoiding pufas and eating for a healthy respiratory metabolism can save your life

managing

I don't cite studies since studies are all wrong,. I can find you 10 different studies on the same subject saying 10 different things. This was already presented here many times. Just like that, but people says oh may be they did not test it correctly, or make up other bs reason.
STUDIES ARE |BOGUS CRAP and no one bases anything on them.
When you write, you sometimes sound like you are ranting in anger. I've often attributed this to the fact that you aren't writing in your first language. Well that, and I can't "hear" your paralanguage at all.

But when you write something like above, it shows that maybe you really are just angry. A few pages previously you wrote that most people don't have the background to understand studies. But its ok, you do, and you'll tell everybody what they mean.

Then you write this. Its like a confessional. I am a scientist. No, not medical science. But I've been trained extensively in this. I am not trying to pull rank on you. Lots of less educated people have the intelligence and critical capability to scrutinize scientific research. Some of them have developed that ability here, by discussing the "BOGUS CRAP" you so readily dismiss. They should just shut up and listen to you, eh?

Somebody with a proper background to understand studies can dig through the details of experimental design. Can evaluate the modeling and underlying assumptions. Can identify missing information. Can scrutinize the sampling method, statistical analyses performed, strength of results. Can mince and evaluate the logic applied in forming conclusions.

When you do this, you can pare those studies down to maybe 2 or 3 that are reliable and a couple more that are solid but incomplete. Now those few may still not agree entirely, or even at all. Oh, useless throw them away! LOL. What a scientist. No, those few studies tell you the figure and field. Their incompleteness forms new questions in your mind. Their contradictions point to answers. As you go along, you learn. And you never stop. Because there is no end in "learning." Only process.

I could go on and on. But this is how a scientist thinks. You sir, are no scientist. You are an authoritarian, desperate for an audience.

Dear Moderators: I've done my best not to cross the line you laid out while still making a point that I feel needs to be made. I hope I've succeeded. I thought the way Charlie laid out was great, and precisely in the tone of "think, perceive, act." I've tried to do the same, by opening the field to the "untrained" that Gbold appears to silence. If I've failed, please let me know how and where and I will strive to stay on this side of the line.

""Studies are bogus crap but an anesthesiology textbook is the gospel. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I like people who present their evidence for what they believe. It can be experimental or anecdotal, that's fine, but I want some evidence.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals