Magnesium malate helps my chronic muscle tension

Motif

When I take about 600 mg magnesium malate my tight muscles seem to relax a bit more. The other magnesium supplement with mixed magnesium sources never relaxed my muscles , only made me calmer in the head a bit.

is there another form that’s even better for that?

sometimes I really think my body just absorbs minerals in general bad.

everything speaks for it. The low zinc / copper that I can’t get rid of. Magnesium helping, potassium relaxes me , I need a lot of salt too and without I feel more stressed.

K

Kaur Singh

HR and temps throughout the day?
idealabs? mexican pharmacy?
thyroid glandular supp (even iHerb carries some)?

most important: symptoms.

OP
M

Motif

HR and temps throughout the day?
idealabs? mexican pharmacy?
thyroid glandular supp (even iHerb carries some)?

most important: symptoms.

slow digestion, low zinc and copper no matter what I eat or take,
Dermatitis and hair loss what improves a lot with high zinc and copper but still doesn’t go away.
„ADD“ , overthinking, tight muscles , Gilbert syndrome
Temperature on lowerish side. When I have 37 degrees I can be sure something is going on and it’s higher temperature for me and I don’t feel well.

Thyroid glandular supps are any good and I don’t need a prescription?

P

Peatness

Magnesium has been been successfully used in the treatment of fibromayalgia

redsun

Dermatitis and hair loss what improves a lot with high zinc and copper but still doesn’t go away.
Temperature on lowerish side. When I have 37 degrees I can be sure something is going on and it’s higher temperature for me and I don’t feel well.

Are you prone to irritation, over-reaction, manic behavior? Flinchy? Do you have cold extremities often, vasoconstriction in the extremities?

OP
M

Motif

Are you prone to irritation, over-reaction, manic behavior? Flinchy? Do you have cold extremities often, vasoconstriction in the extremities?
Irritated, yes. Over-reacting - mh back in the days yeah, now still sometimes when somebody is mistreating me or try’s to p*** me off I can overreact heavy so people don’t recognize me while I’m raging.

no cold extremities or vasoconstriction

redsun

Irritated, yes. Over-reacting - mh back in the days yeah, now still sometimes when somebody is mistreating me or try’s to p*** me off I can overreact heavy so people don’t recognize me while I’m raging.

no cold extremities or vasoconstriction

Well I have been suspecting this for a little while for you so this is confirmation that all the zinc and copper you are taking is leaving you with very low GABA. And its also not helping (only temporarily) your dermatitis and hair loss (high cortisol due to low GABA) because although they are somewhat anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine, its the B-vitamins that are heavily involved (along with copper) in metabolizing histamine and reducing inflammation. They help hair loss as well by increasing ATP.

This is also why you have persistent tension, GABA is too low because zinc and copper are strongly anti-gaba especially when you are taking a ton which you do. And thus you are deal with sympathetic overaction which is messing up your digestion because digestion depends on the parasympathetic nervous system and the PNS is inhibited by excess sympathetic activation. All the blood is diverted away from digestive organs.

Zinc supplementation in high doses is probably causing the overthinking because of Ach breakdown inhibition in the brain. Magnesium helps the tension as it is generally a sedative mineral in terms of its effects on the nervous system while zinc and copper are the opposite. But I don't think magnesium is what you need. And I don't think you need zinc and copper either actually. As I said before you need B-vitamins probably.

GABA is made from glutamate. This is a heavily B-vitamin dependent process. You need to raise GABA with B-complex vitamins to lower cortisol (which will reduce hair loss) and lower sympathetic activation to allow your digestion to work properly.

You should take B-complex with vitamin D (5-10k IU) daily which will effectively raise GABA. But the caveat is you need to stop taking zinc and copper which keep your GABA low and get these things from food. The B-vitamins should improve most of your systems including hair loss as I said. This is your primary problem I believe, low GABA and not your zinc and copper in blood.

I think this B-complex is very good ratio wise so I highly recommend you try this one. The dosing is also not high just right where it needs to be.

OP
M

Motif

Well I have been suspecting this for a little while for you so this is confirmation that all the zinc and copper you are taking is leaving you with very low GABA. And its also not helping (only temporarily) your dermatitis and hair loss (high cortisol due to low GABA) because although they are somewhat anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine, its the B-vitamins that are heavily involved (along with copper) in metabolizing histamine and reducing inflammation. They help hair loss as well by increasing ATP.

This is also why you have persistent tension, GABA is too low because zinc and copper are strongly anti-gaba especially when you are taking a ton which you do. And thus you are deal with sympathetic overaction which is messing up your digestion because digestion depends on the parasympathetic nervous system and the PNS is inhibited by excess sympathetic activation. All the blood is diverted away from digestive organs.

Zinc supplementation in high doses is probably causing the overthinking because of Ach breakdown inhibition in the brain. Magnesium helps the tension as it is generally a sedative mineral in terms of its effects on the nervous system while zinc and copper are the opposite. But I don't think magnesium is what you need. And I don't think you need zinc and copper either actually. As I said before you need B-vitamins probably.

GABA is made from glutamate. This is a heavily B-vitamin dependent process. You need to raise GABA with B-complex vitamins to lower cortisol (which will reduce hair loss) and lower sympathetic activation to allow your digestion to work properly.

You should take B-complex with vitamin D (5-10k IU) daily which will effectively raise GABA. But the caveat is you need to stop taking zinc and copper which keep your GABA low and get these things from food. The B-vitamins should improve most of your systems including hair loss as I said. This is your primary problem I believe, low GABA and not your zinc and copper in blood.

I think this B-complex is very good ratio wise so I highly recommend you try this one. The dosing is also not high just right where it needs to be.

might be right that low gaba is causing this, and I will get the b‘s you recommended , but like I said somewhere a few days ago - I took b-vitamins over some weeks and it didn’t change any symptoms unfortunately

redsun

might be right that low gaba is causing this, and I will get the b‘s you recommended , but like I said somewhere a few days ago - I took b-vitamins over some weeks and it didn’t change any symptoms unfortunately

It could have just been the doses and ratios. Its quite difficult to find a decent one. Did you stop the zinc and copper when you tried the B-vitamins?

OP
M

Motif

It could have just been the doses and ratios. Its quite difficult to find a decent one. Did you stop the zinc and copper when you tried the B-vitamins?

i took b vitamins years ago without zinc and copper and a few months ago with zinc and copper. A while ago I was taking a multi with everything too

redsun

i took b vitamins years ago without zinc and copper and a few months ago with zinc and copper. A while ago I was taking a multi with everything too
Yeh so try the one I recommended with vitamin D (as it is also an effective pro-gaba substance especially when coupled with B-vitamins). If you want you can also try magnesium since you already said that helped you but regardless it is important to not take Zn or Cu while doing this.

OP
M

Motif

Yeh so try the one I recommended with vitamin D (as it is also an effective pro-gaba substance especially when coupled with B-vitamins). If you want you can also try magnesium since you already said that helped you but regardless it is important to not take Zn or Cu while doing this.
I will, thanks !

OP
M

Motif

@Kaur Singh

opinions on trying thyroid glandular supplements?
How long til I should feel improvement?

@redsun could you explain how low gaba Leads to low zinc and copper ?

Last edited:
K

Kaur Singh

I tried a glandular at first, to see how thyroid would work for me,
it very quickly rectified some wonky processes

Because it was just a supp, not standardized, and I had no idea what the dose was
I then switched to T3 and a T3/T4 synthetic.

Start low and go slow
You need to give T4 some time to accumulate in your body
what was it? a month before increasing a dose

Healing and recovery takes time

This all seems to be pretty individual
while we all in the end need the same thing (good nutrition and thyroid func)
the way to get there might be a bit different for each

Read and listen to Peat's work
inform yourself as you go
things you may not have understood before suddenly become relevant
etc

also, make sure you have worked on these things toO:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 22.35.06.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 22.35.06.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 15
OP
M

Motif

I tried a glandular at first, to see how thyroid would work for me,
it very quickly rectified some wonky processes

Because it was just a supp, not standardized, and I had no idea what the dose was
I then switched to T3 and a T3/T4 synthetic.

Start low and go slow
You need to give T4 some time to accumulate in your body
what was it? a month before increasing a dose

Healing and recovery takes time

This all seems to be pretty individual
while we all in the end need the same thing (good nutrition and thyroid func)
the way to get there might be a bit different for each

Read and listen to Peat's work
inform yourself as you go
things you may not have understood before suddenly become relevant
etc

also, make sure you have worked on these things toO:

i will not find a doctors who really gives t3. That’s my issue

K

Kaur Singh

Most of us contend with this
- find a way.

Maybe try glandular supp and see how it goes.
Maybe it will be good enough for you.

In the meantime,
have you seen what happens if you cut out all muscle meats and fish?
and worked on your Ca:Phos ratio?
you getting your Bs?
Each one of these successively reduced my muscles' high resting tone.
Thyroid takes the cake.

OP
M

Motif

Most of us contend with this
- find a way.

Maybe try glandular supp and see how it goes.
Maybe it will be good enough for you.

In the meantime,
have you seen what happens if you cut out all muscle meats and fish?
and worked on your Ca:Phos ratio?
you getting your Bs?
Each one of these successively reduced my muscles' high resting tone.
Thyroid takes the cake.
B‘s did nor help, but I honestly never really tried to work on ca:phos ratio

K

Kaur Singh

The muscle meats are high in both P and tryptophan
(and low in Ca)
so maybe this was what contributed to the tight muscles [ for me ]

how's your vit D levels?
etc

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals