It’s Midnight and I Don‘t Know What to Eat (Undereating)

TopG

Hey guys,

It’s midnight where I’m at, pretty much everybody is sleeping, and here I am sitting and wondering what I should eat. I‘m having a severe headache right now and know I must eat something before going to bed.
Only ate a pound of ground beef with black pepper and a pineapple today.
Very little calories.

What would you suggest? I thought about cooking white rice and eating that with white sugar Durianrider style. Comfort food before bed.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

Santosh

Hey guys,

It’s midnight where I’m at, pretty much everybody is sleeping, and here I am sitting and wondering what I should eat. I‘m having a severe headache right now and know I must eat something before going to bed.
Only ate a pound of ground beef with black pepper and a pineapple today.
Very little calories.

What would you suggest? I thought about cooking white rice and eating that with white sugar Durianrider style. Comfort food before bed.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

Vanilla Haagen-Dazs + black coffee

Attachments

• 0999DC4E-B085-4A74-9AFC-B4259D9FF8FD.jpeg
    0999DC4E-B085-4A74-9AFC-B4259D9FF8FD.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 10
Ray Peat said that a proper metabolism is needed for a proper sleep.
I have had the best sleep since introducing black coffee + milk + sugar before bed.
I for one can drink coffee in the middle of the night and still sleep good, but most people can’t. When I had histamine intolerance that was my strategy for getting back to sleep, as the histamines made me hyper and the coffee and sugar calmed them.

Santosh

I for one can drink coffee in the middle of the night and still sleep good, but most people can’t. When I had histamine intolerance that was my strategy for getting back to sleep, as the histamines made me hyper and the coffee and sugar calmed them.

Then don't discourage them from trying, if you've had success with this method :):

Then don't discourage them from trying, if you've had success with this method :):
I should have said it wouldn’t work for most people. This OP had barely any calories in that day, which doesn’t sound to me like a healthy metabolism. This person needs to eat.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I should have said it wouldn’t work for most people. This OP had barely any calories in that day, which doesn’t sound to me like a healthy metabolism. This person needs to eat.
I tend to flip flop between coffee making me sleep like a baby and preventing me from deep sleep.

So far, I can tell that on my "happy days" I does help me sleep.

I tend to flip flop between coffee making me sleep like a baby and preventing me from deep sleep.

So far, I can tell that on my "happy days" I does help me sleep.
What would make up a “happy day”? I know we really have to have good nutrition to support coffee. RP says not to have it without sugar and protein.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
What would make up a “happy day”? I know we really have to have good nutrition to support coffee. RP says not to have it without sugar and protein.
I almost always have it black because I like the taste, but also always with food for anti-stress.

I can't put my finger on it but I think feeling-good is a happy day - a day with minimal physical symptoms - a good healthy day. Perhaps this correlates with a good functioning metabolism days with lower endotoxin and serotonin.

I almost always have it black because I like the taste, but also always with food for anti-stress.

I can't put my finger on it but I think feeling-good is a happy day - a day with minimal physical symptoms - a good healthy day. Perhaps this correlates with a good functioning metabolism days with lower endotoxin and serotonin.
Oh ok, nothing to do with activity necessarily.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
OP, I keep an emergency snack bedside. Caramel chew candies made with milk. I eat one and flush my mouth with water also bedside. If rarely fails to put me back to bed.

aniciete

I wonder why so many users on this forum fail to sleep through the night. I mean with thyroid supplementation and a proper diet, it just doesn’t make sense does it.

Immanency

I wonder why so many users on this forum fail to sleep through the night. I mean with thyroid supplementation and a proper diet, it just doesn’t make sense does it.
hello,eating too much sugar even from certains fruits and honey can easyly deplete elements that are in abundance in grass fed fed meat/organs/eggs from very heathy animals and that are beneficial for sleep,there is a few fruits that are exeption to that,most fruits on the market can limit sleep quality short and long term.

I think off-gassing mattresses, phones and late night tv watching, supplements, medications, and so many other things, other than diet, are the main reasons. I have been addressing them and hacked my sleep in my thread linked below. I am now sleeping 8, and even 10 hours, straight through the night now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals