Is Vegetable Juicing Peat-y?

Discussion in 'Beverages, Fruits, Sugars' started by ecstatichamster, Jan 6, 2019.

1. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

raw veggies juiced. The roughage is discarded. Juice is drunk. Is this okay? Or is it bad because of antinutrients in the juice? Dr. Peat has had some good things to say about Gershon protocol which uses lots of juice.

2. cyclops

cyclops Member

hell na hamster, you know better than this. Peat barely likes vegetables, says cook them to death if you gonna eat them. Antinutrients galore. He says if you really wanna make yourself hypo drink cabbage juice.

So many nice fruits you can juice, why would u wanna do this?

3. OP
    ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I know. Wanted opinions.

4. Christopher R.

Christopher R. Member

It might be a good way to bypass the anti-nutrients and fibre and extract some goodness out of them. Vegetables have anti-nutrients to defend themselves from predators, but I bet they never expected to be juiced! Maybe you could heat it first, then refrigerate it.

5. Atman

Atman Member

Don't juice vegetables. Juice oranges instead. It's season!

6. Homo Consumericus

Homo Consumericus Member

Depends on the vegetable. If broccoli and onion, no. If red bell pepper and cucumber, yes.

7. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

The clearest skin, healthiest hair, and brightest eyes I’ve ever had was when I was juicing carrots, beets, and spinach. Unfortunately I made other dietary mistakes and subsequently tanked my mood and energy. I definitely noticed a huge difference in how people were treating me, and I even had received complements from friends on how much better I was looking.

I’ve been experimenting with attempting to get more fat in my diet, but most fats I find disgusting, save for the sweet cream in milk and the juicy part of a steak occasionally. In attempting to make the fat more appealing, I made a soup of v8 juice, olive oil, and chicken broth. It was pretty tasty, but I didn’t feel quite satisfied, so I made some clarified butter (ghee) in what was a semi nervous culinary experience (no cheese cloth strainer...I had no idea if I was overlooking the ghee), only to find out I hated how it tasted. I tried adding some salt, and was still disgusted, and so I tried adding some v8 juice, and it was still very much displeased.

Then I realized, that I really just liked how the warm v8 juice tasted, so I began heating up more of it and happily drank away. My stomach became quite content, and I even found that I began craving whole milk following the v8 juice, which I see as a good thing, because my milk tolerance is set very low, and given the theory of poor milk tolerance and poor metabolism, I take the v8 juice to be a positive input into my diet.

Now, if I had the resources and time, I would make my own vegetable juice, with tomatoes, carrots, beets, spinach, celery, and salt, but since I am currently financial strapped, I will have to go with v8 juice until wealthier days =P

So Peaty? Probably not, good for health? I would say so from my anecdotal experience, and would encourage anyone to experiment and see how it affects their body.