Is Vegetable Juicing Peat-y?

raw veggies juiced. The roughage is discarded. Juice is drunk. Is this okay? Or is it bad because of antinutrients in the juice? Dr. Peat has had some good things to say about Gershon protocol which uses lots of juice.

cyclops

hell na hamster, you know better than this. Peat barely likes vegetables, says cook them to death if you gonna eat them. Antinutrients galore. He says if you really wanna make yourself hypo drink cabbage juice.

So many nice fruits you can juice, why would u wanna do this?

OP
ecstatichamster
hell na hamster, you know better than this. Peat barely likes vegetables, says cook them to death if you gonna eat them. Antinutrients galore. He says if you really wanna make yourself hypo drink cabbage juice.

So many nice fruits you can juice, why would u wanna do this?

I know. Wanted opinions.

It might be a good way to bypass the anti-nutrients and fibre and extract some goodness out of them. Vegetables have anti-nutrients to defend themselves from predators, but I bet they never expected to be juiced! Maybe you could heat it first, then refrigerate it.

Atman

raw veggies juiced. The roughage is discarded. Juice is drunk. Is this okay? Or is it bad because of antinutrients in the juice? Dr. Peat has had some good things to say about Gershon protocol which uses lots of juice.

Don't juice vegetables. Juice oranges instead. It's season!

Runenight201

The clearest skin, healthiest hair, and brightest eyes I’ve ever had was when I was juicing carrots, beets, and spinach. Unfortunately I made other dietary mistakes and subsequently tanked my mood and energy. I definitely noticed a huge difference in how people were treating me, and I even had received complements from friends on how much better I was looking.

I’ve been experimenting with attempting to get more fat in my diet, but most fats I find disgusting, save for the sweet cream in milk and the juicy part of a steak occasionally. In attempting to make the fat more appealing, I made a soup of v8 juice, olive oil, and chicken broth. It was pretty tasty, but I didn’t feel quite satisfied, so I made some clarified butter (ghee) in what was a semi nervous culinary experience (no cheese cloth strainer...I had no idea if I was overlooking the ghee), only to find out I hated how it tasted. I tried adding some salt, and was still disgusted, and so I tried adding some v8 juice, and it was still very much displeased.

Then I realized, that I really just liked how the warm v8 juice tasted, so I began heating up more of it and happily drank away. My stomach became quite content, and I even found that I began craving whole milk following the v8 juice, which I see as a good thing, because my milk tolerance is set very low, and given the theory of poor milk tolerance and poor metabolism, I take the v8 juice to be a positive input into my diet.

Now, if I had the resources and time, I would make my own vegetable juice, with tomatoes, carrots, beets, spinach, celery, and salt, but since I am currently financial strapped, I will have to go with v8 juice until wealthier days =P

So Peaty? Probably not, good for health? I would say so from my anecdotal experience, and would encourage anyone to experiment and see how it affects their body.

RealNeat

V8 is good besides the high carotene. So juice the veggies then cook the juice.

jzeno

Emphatically yes!

Minerals! Vitamins!

"Fruit juice always has a lot of potassium"

"Fruit happens to be the best single food for [inaudible] the stress reaction because it combines very small amounts of protein with large amounts of sugars. And the minerals of potassium happens to handle sugar in place of insulin and the fructose component of fruit sugar doesn't require insulin. So, eating a lot of fruit in one meal a day produces much smaller amount of insulin obesity and cortisol than eating for example just one big meal of meat and potatoes for example."...

Grape juice, carrot juice in small amounts. Some tropical fruits. Guava...

Fruit and vegetable juices are great. Enjoy them everyday, even in small amounts. Will never give them up. The orange juice I make from my masticating juicer is the sweetest most balanced flavor I've ever had. I'll never give it up.

Last edited:

YourUniverse

Emphatically yes!

Minerals! Vitamins!

"Fruit juice always has a lot of potassium"

"Fruit happens to be the best single food for [inaudible] the stress reaction because it combines very small amounts of protein with large amounts of sugars. And the minerals of potassium happens to handle sugar in place of insulin and the fructose component of fruit sugar doesn't require insulin. So, eating a lot of fruit in one meal a day produces much smaller amount of insulin obesity and cortisol than eating for example just one big meal of meat and potatoes for example."...

Grape juice, carrot juice in small amounts. Some tropical fruits. Guava...

Fruit and vegetable juices are great. Enjoy them everyday, even in small amounts. Will never give them up. The orange juice I make from my masticating juicer is the sweetest most balanced flavor I've ever had. I'll never give it up.

Fruit juice has been an obvious "yes" for a long time, vegetable juice less obviously so

SOMO

Green Vegetable juices are a source of EZ/Structured water.

I drink them for that purpose even though they're disgusting.

OP
ecstatichamster
I think they also contain potential allergens and stuff that may irritate the gut

mrchibbs

Ray has indeed spoken eloquently about Max Gerson's cancer therapies, which involved carrot, celery and apple? juicing among others.
But Gerson also gave his patients coffee enemas (which we know from Ray would be helpful to decrease bacterial load), and often, thyroid supplementation.

I think Ray's concerns are mostly about carrot juice, as a low-thyroid person will not be able to convert the beta-carotene, and it would suppress thyroid further. Someone with a healthy thyroid may benefit greatly from the carrot juices.

Personally I used to experiment with a juice made from honeydew melon, apple, celery and parsley and it felt utterly amazing. Celery has a lot of sodium, potassium etc. and parsley has several minerals and vitamin K, I think.

Obviously there are pesticides concerns from juicing veggies, but I don't see how juicing organic veggies would be bad, they bring more minerals to the mix. Ray has spoken a little about combining different fruits/veggies to make complete proteins, it's still a part of the science we know very little about, but it is promising.

Looking back, I maybe would not juice parsley, or other leaves, as it's pretty clear they need to be cooked thoroughly for them to be absorbable. Same with cruciferous vegetables. So maybe make long-stewed soups with those leafy vegetables (spinach, kale etc.) and reserve the juicy ones like celery, cucumbers (what else? I have a blank here) to add another dimension to your juices.

OP
ecstatichamster
Dr. Peat has expressed the opinion that the advantages of Gerson can be obtained with milk and orange juice. Low iron, high potassium, low endotoxin potential.

I've known people who juiced but they weren't necessarily healthy people. Not sure why, maybe juicers are a self selected unhealthy group. I'm not saying that to troll, just my observations.

Jib

The type of vegetable is very important. Could come down to an individual basis.

I like celery juice a lot. And cucumber juice. I'd imagine those are very different nutritionally from something like kale juice, which could be loaded with goitrogens.

Celery and cucumber are currently the only vegetables I would juice, personally. Just based on my preferences. I used to juice raw sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, broccoli, carrots, beets, ginger, just about anything, really. Giant glasses of juice would really wipe me out. Just not enough salt or sugar and way too much liquid.

A single cup is good, with a meal. Apples of course always add a great flavor to vegetable juices. I'd just try different vegetables and see if you notice that you feel any better on any particular ones. I wouldn't waste time being paranoid about it. Just experiment and see what works for you. It's not debatable that by juicing you're concentrating the nutrients into a very easily digestible form. There's also the thing about plants containing structured water. So by juicing you're getting that too.

Celery and cucumber also have very high water content, so they go a long way.

I also like V8 juice, though I never get it. I love how salty it is. You could also go that route and try adding salt to fresh vegetable juice. Would probably help to balance out the large amount of potassium as well that you're likely to get from juicing a bunch of vegetables.

mrchibbs

The type of vegetable is very important. Could come down to an individual basis.

I like celery juice a lot. And cucumber juice. I'd imagine those are very different nutritionally from something like kale juice, which could be loaded with goitrogens.

Celery and cucumber are currently the only vegetables I would juice, personally. Just based on my preferences. I used to juice raw sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, broccoli, carrots, beets, ginger, just about anything, really. Giant glasses of juice would really wipe me out. Just not enough salt or sugar and way too much liquid.

A single cup is good, with a meal. Apples of course always add a great flavor to vegetable juices. I'd just try different vegetables and see if you notice that you feel any better on any particular ones. I wouldn't waste time being paranoid about it. Just experiment and see what works for you. It's not debatable that by juicing you're concentrating the nutrients into a very easily digestible form. There's also the thing about plants containing structured water. So by juicing you're getting that too.

I also like V8 juice, though I never get it. I love how salty it is. You could also go that route and try adding salt to fresh vegetable juice. Would probably help to balance out the large amount of potassium as well that you're likely to get from juicing a bunch of vegetables.

Yeah you echo my impressions. Celery and cucumber are just about the only veggies that I could see myself juicing, they combine well with other fruits, especially the sodium in celery is I feel a very good combination with other sweet juices

YourUniverse

Dr. Peat has expressed the opinion that the advantages of Gerson can be obtained with milk and orange juice. Low iron, high potassium, low endotoxin potential.

I've known people who juiced but they weren't necessarily healthy people. Not sure why, maybe juicers are a self selected unhealthy group. I'm not saying that to troll, just my observations.

That's fine. I think Peaters are a self selected contrarian group. I'll do whatever takes me where I need to go within reason

YourUniverse

I'm mostly interested in green vegetables, like collards, chard, kale or spinach. The ones loaded with vitamin K and minerals like manganese and magnesium.

Kale is pretty high in PUFA unfortunately. Collard greens give about the same nutrition with much less PUFA. I liked boiling kale in salt water and drinking the broth, juicing the greens though may be even more effective, are the goitrogens part of the juice or the stalk?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals