Stuck in vicious sibo or helico cycle

OP
L

LJS

Forum Supporter
@Jonk I do need to listen to my body.
I crave salty potatoes but I feel starch constipates me more.

It’s very annoying that my response to things not working is so mental + cortisol surges.

I feel I need progesterone (which helps with constipation) but progest e gives me major cortisol surges.

It’s like I just need the needle to ***t slightly and I can get myself out of this. I’ll keep trying other goods I crave and see if I can get enough calories thank you

Jonk

@LJS Salt is a great tool against adrenalin and general stress related things. Good for retaining other minerals also. Hoping you find some relief soon!

Peatful

@Peatful
A few months prior to the abx I had to have a hep b booster for university degree.
Definitely have distorted body image and being underweight at age 21 and doing Atkins (eating Atkins bars full of pufa) + hep b + abx + stressful toxic uni degree we’re all likely contributes.

Yeh I do think supps are making me worse and I need to eat. Issue is I barely know what I can digest. Meat yes. (Well without reacting).

What did you handle first post carnivore?
I was so ill I barely could digest meat.

I had to eat processed foods
Yep
Processed foods

I did the best I could to avoid pufa of course
But intuitively I knew calories and therefore nutrition was my way out
(I was age 15 to 42/43 of restriction. Super messed up in my head)

Stews. Crackers. Icing. Pizza. Omelettes. Grilled cheese. Burgers. Indian cuisine. Pasta. You name it.

Always eating carbs protein and fat together.
Trying to keep my blood sugar steady to calm my adrenals down and break out of the high estrogen low thyroid cycle.

I ate like my life depended on it for I guess six months- maybe more

During that time I added in better food choices

Now I can eat whole foods
But the biggest reward is I lost food fear

It was a slow and scary process
And best thing I ever did for myself

My husband has his wife back
And my kids- their mom
But healing is not for the faint of heart
Especially women with societal mores

Gotta run
But
Ive talked about fully on two other threads
Click on my user name and search THREAD POSTS

My best to you!

My health collapsed 14 years ago after a course of amoxil for a skin infection. I’d been doing Atkins and probably have been hypothyroid all my life. Severe anxiety, major food intolerance, weakness, fatigue, constipation, eczema

Currently 35 female. Infertility is an issue

Underweight prior to peat but cypro has improved that

Had been low carb almost carnivore as I was reacting to everything new I tried.

I believe I have helicobactor (still) and sibo from previous tests.

I often feel so sick very soon after eating and dizziness. I do feel least bad just eating meat.

Reading Ray Peats articles finally explained what was going on but I’m struggling to implement all he suggests.

I get reflux from Orange juice
Dairy causes constipation
Raw carrot salad gives me severe anxiety (figure fibre)
Even today watermelon juiced cause horrible nausea 10 minutes after consumption (thanks bugs)
Gastritis is on and off an issue (aspirin makes it worse)

So fibre free and starch free is what I am trying. Potato protein helps but I am struggling to get enough calories in to heal. I desperately want to handle even lactose free milk to get myself out of this situation.

On top of this the cortisol and anxiety reactions I get from most supplements or die off (probably from a lack of calories) complicates things.

Recently I took clarithromycin (60mg, 60mg, 120mg days 1-3) and the histamine response was so bad I had to stop. I think I made my whole situation worse.

The only thing I really don’t react to is thyroid hormone (armour and cytomel).

I have famotidine I’m currently trying and small amounts of erythromycin I think I’m okay with (it does stop the horrible nausea if I’m experiencing it)

If anyone has any ideas of how to get out of a really sensitive reactive situation pleas let me know
“Researchers have also started exploring the potential of various immunostimulants called immunoglobulins, which are present in egg yolks.

For example, a 2017 study found that female mice were less likely to become infected with Helicobacter pylori — bacteria that commonly cause intestinal infection — after consuming anti-VacA IgY, an immunoglobulin in egg yolk.”

OP
L

LJS

Forum Supporter
@Rinse & rePeat
Thank you. I can now handle home made lactose free icecream so I’m eating egg yolks.
I think I’m finally seeing some improvements by getting more calories in with jelly and icecream and maybe it’s the egg yolks!

@Rinse & rePeat
Thank you. I can now handle home made lactose free icecream so I’m eating egg yolks.
I think I’m finally seeing some improvements by getting more calories in with jelly and icecream and maybe it’s the egg yolks!
I don’t know why I was led to your thread, but I was! Hopefully the egg yolks are a more definitive answer so you don’t have to be forcing yourself to eat ice cream, you poor thing!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals