Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog

berk

I am currently taking 500mg every day but relief from constipation started before I increased the dose to where I am now so you may not need that much.
how much did you take for constipation then?

somuch4food

Causes of thiamine deficiency

Causes of thiamine deficiency

Conditions of high pH, elevated temperatures, and the presence of sulfites (Figure 2), which are used as preservatives of meat products, are common causes of thiamine loss. Sulfiting agents used for food preservation include bisulfites, sulfites, metabisulfites, and sulfur dioxide.

Foods and beverages that contain high concentrations of polyphenolic compounds can also cause thiamine deficiency. Polyphenolic compounds are plant extracts including tannins and catechins (Figure 3), that are commonly found in coffee and tea.

Peaters are at risks with coffee/juice/fruits...

taralynne

how much did you take for constipation then?
I started out at 50mg and raised it to 500 over the course of several weeks. If I remember correctly I think the constipation relief happened fairly quickly maybe around 100-200 mg. I kept increasing it to see if it would help with increasing my energy level with a higher dose but no such luck so I'm going to lower the dose again

berk

If I remember correctly I think the constipation relief happened fairly quickly maybe around 100-200 mg.
well ik got 400-600mg b1 from liver alone and around 1 gram total a day.
this does nothing for my constipation.
Not sure if taking extra b1 (thiamine) supplement helps for me...
what do you think @charlie

achillea

Dr. Dereck Lonsdale
A Typical Case of Energy Deficiency
I was a pediatrician at Cleveland Clinic and one of my interests was sudden infant death (SIDS). So one day I was having lunch with one of the surgeons who practised ear nose and throat surgery. He told me that he had been called to the medical ICU because a woman had stopped breathing and he had performed a tracheostomy. He was intrigued by the reason for this disaster and, knowing my interest, he suggested that I should take a look. Pediatricians are assumed to be familiar with diseases of children but ignorant of adult disease and I knew that I was not welcome. I found a 50-year-old woman who was grossly edematous and unconscious. Without considering the technical details, I proved that she had the vitamin B1 deficiency disease beriberi. With injections of thiamine she became conscious and the edema disappeared. During her recovery she developed a progressive anemia, thought to be evidence of internal bleeding, but all the tests were negative. I took some urine from her and subjected it to a special type of test. It showed that she was deficient in folate, another B vitamin. It is important to note that she did not develop folate deficiency until she began her recovery from thiamine, it was masked by cellular energy deficiency. When she began to receive folate there was an immediate recovery from the anemia but she had been given at least one injection of thiamine by then.
She was discharged from hospital, wheelchair bound, taking both thiamine and folate. When she returned as an outpatient, I found that she had a skin rash and that her legs were, if anything, weaker. It had long been known that anemia would develop from either folate or B12 deficiency, but the folate deficient variety required B12 supplementation as well as folate. If B12 was not provided, the patient would develop paralysis of the legs and I had forgotten this. Also, it is not well-known that vitamin B12 deficiency can cause a skin rash. I gave her an injection of B12 and the rash disappeared. However, for a few days she had muscle aches and fever that I did not understand at that time. Looking back I would now assume that this was what we call “paradox” on Hormones Matter. To those that may not have read about this it is the temporary worsening effect by introducing an essential nutrient to someone who has long been deficient in that nutrient. One of the things that had probably been a serious indictment on self cause was that she was a chronic cigarette smoker, a well-known habit that damages oxidation.

Inaut

how did it go?
when did you take niacinamide?
did you have gained weight/fat?

same questions for you :)

I’ve gained a lot of weight since using niacin/amide (in addition to drinking lots of milk and aspirin) but I’m also getting much more muscular so it’s a trade off I guess.

Andman

So energin + magnoil and some additional b1 would be a good way to give this a try?

Dr. Lonsdale seems like a solid guy

Broken man

I have B1 deficiency. I have been taking 600 to 800 mg benfotiamine. I would like to switch to Allithiamine but I can't find a clean one. I am highly intolerant to rice flour. The Ecological Formulas one has a bunch of questionable other ingredients. Is there any other clean ones? Oh I wish @haidut would make one! I already take Energin. I cannot take the thiamine HCL in high dose, it hurts my stomach (I had tried the Dr. Clark kind, it's free of exipients).

Any other Allithiamine suggested brands?

I have severe villous atrophy which causes malnutrition syndrome despite a high nutrient / high quality diet (I know because that's what I spend all my free time achieving and yet still sick). Dr. Lonsdale indicates malnutrition syndrome as well, especially with bariatric surgery patients. So far there is no cure for villous atrophy that I have been able to find, except for getting rich so that you can quit your job and spend your days in nature and still afford healthy fresh foods.
For villous atrophy, search for "inosine Gut" you should find study with pictures where is shown how Its regenerated after inosine. I would also recommend bacillus sibtilis or amylolifacquiens. I am now trying russian product with them.

Broken man

I truely wish that the recent explosion in gut issues people are having, could be pinpointed at vitamin deficiencies. This need for extra vitamins isn't the root cause of our gut ills though IMHO. I find it suspect and telling that the rise in gut issues has coincided with the rise in the use of glyphosate i.e. "roundup" in our food supply. My personal theory is that heavy glyphosate use in our food supply is creating a bacterial embalance in our guts and overwhelming our systems so that whatever we eat cannot be properly assimilated by our bodies. I also suspect that the overwhelmed gut bacterial environment has caused a rise in obesity by creating an inordinate desire for foods that don't nourish us. That, coupled with the added "excitotoxins" in our processed foods- this is just a man made endotoxic disaster. Our systems are so overwhelmed that whatever we eat is rejected.
So this has created a vitamin deficiency.
In addition, the continual and methodical chemtrail spraying over our food supply, saturating the plants, animals and humans with toxic chemicals and man made nanofibers of mysterious origin,
has led to our bodies to becoming these toxic waste systems, increasingly unable to operate with the effiency that they are supposed to.
That is why antibiotics and certain medicinal herbs help temporarily. But doesn't deal with the "why" we are getting sicker and sicker.
At this point, given that the enormity of the problem is so great, it bests to try and detoxify our bodies as much as we can. Without causing us to become sicker in the process. Finding and eating as much unprocessed food, and taking supplements to clean out heavy metals we are bombarded with. This includes higher dosages of certain vitamins. But that is not the only solution.
Ye, this is truth, you can search on web "hormonesmatter" and you will find evidence for this....

There's also this guy Elliot Overton who, as it seems, has studied Dr. Lonsdale's work on thiamine. He has written some articles on Lonsdale's website, e.g. the following on IBS, SIBO, etc. He also has some youtube videos about thiamine, e.g. one regarding digestive health, which is featured at the end of this article.

SIBO, IBS, and Constipation: Unrecognized Thiamine Deficiency? - Hormones Matter

Motif

B deficiency can be caused by increased depletion that diet cannot keep up with, poor absorption due to gut damage(usually B related anyway), or low B intake in general.

It is actually the other way around, B deficiency(especially B1, B3) reduces the ability to digest proteins or digest anything really.

Best ways to get out of those deficiencies? Specially b1?

i was a Heavy niacin User over months

and what Are your guys experiences with taking it?

Last edited:

PolishSun

I found this website FAQ about thiamine (vitamin B1) and magnesium for stuttering

And it is written there, what looks quite reasonable:

Inadequate thiamine intake can also occur via diets consisting mainly of the following:

• Food containing a high level of thiaminases (which impair thiamine), including certain raw freshwater fish, raw shellfish, and ferns. When buying rice, try to get brown rice, as white rice has been milled, which means that most of the thiamine in the rice has been removed.
  • Substances high in anti-thiamine factors, such as coffee, tea and betel nuts (it is not just the caffeine in coffee and tea that impacts on thiamine - the tannins in these products also work against thiamine. So also avoid decaffeinated tea and coffee, rather take herbal tea such as rooibos tea.)
  • Sulfites are added to many processed foods as a preservative. Sulfites destroy thiamine.
  • Foods that are high in simple carbohydrates (in candies, cakes, syrups, sugar, fizzy drinks and others).

Alcohol consumption blocks thiamine assimilation and also injures the small intestine and reduces its ability to absorb thiamine. Smoking also has a negative effect on thiamine.
Certain medications can deplete vitamin B1. These include:
Acid blockers: cimetidine (Tagamet), esomeprazole (Nexium), famotidine (Pepcid and Pepcid Complete), lansoprazole (Prevacid 24hr), nizatidine (Axid), omeprazole (Prilosec OTC), pantoprazole (Protonix), rabeprazole (Aciphex) and ranitidine (Zantac).
Antacids: Aluminum & magnesium hydroxide (Maalox, Mylanta), aluminum carbonate gel (Basaljel), aluminum hydroxide (Amphojel, AlternaGEL), calcium carbonate (Rolaids, Titralac, Tums, Digestif Rennie), magnesium hydroxide (Phillips’ Milk of Magnesia) and sodium bicarbonate (Alka-Seltzer, baking soda).
Antibiotics (just a few listed here, but all deplete vitamin B1):
Aminoglycosides, amoxicillin (Amoxil), azithromycin (Z-pak), cefdinir (Omnicef), cephalexin (Keflex), ciprofloxacin (Biaxin), doxycycline (Doryx), erythromycin (E.E.S.), levofloxacin (Levaquin), minocycline (Minocin), penicillin (Pen VK), sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim (Bactrim, Septra) and tetracycline (Sumycin).
Anticonvulsants: phenytoin (Dilantin) - space supplement at least 4 hours away from the medication; zonisamide (Zonegran).
Antivirals: delavirdine (Rescriptor), lamivudine (Epivir), nevirapine (Viramune), foscarnet (Foscavir), zidovudine, AZT (Retrovir), zidovdine and lamivudine (Combivir).
Aromatase inhibitors for breast cancer: anastrozole (Arimidex).
Cardiac glycoside: digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps and Digitek).
Blood pressure drugs: bumetanide (Bumex), ethacrynic acid (Edecrin), furosemide (Lasix), torsemide (Demadrex), indapamide (Lozol), hydrochlorothiazide or HCTZ (Hyrodiuril). Any combination drug that contains HCTZ or hydrochlorothiazide (dozens of drugs contain this), chlorothiazide (Diuril), chlorthalidone (Hygroton), methyclothiazide (Enduron) and metolazone (Zaroxolyn).
Diuretics: loss of thiamine through renal excretion can occur with most, if not all, diuretics. It has been seen with the use of such diuretics as mannitol, acetazolamide, chlorothiazide, amiloride and loop diuretics. Thiamine loss is associated with the increase in urine flow rate.
Bronchodilators: theophylline (Uniphyl, Theo-24 or Theo-dur).
Hormone replacement therapy/oral contraceptives: estradiol (Estrace, Climara, Estraderm, Estring, Activella, Femring, Combipatch, Strogel, Menostar and many others), estrogen-containing drugs (hormone replacement therapy and birth control), conjugated estrogens (Premphase, Pempro) and ethinyl estradiol (found in many birth control pills).
Sulfonamides: sulfa antibiotics, some diabetes medications.
ERMs (selective estrogen receptor modulators used for breast cancer): raloxifene (Evista), tamoxifen (Nolvadex) and toremifene (Fareston).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals